Why You Need Trusted News Sources

1 hour ago, deicer said:

There is nothing to discuss.

Fox lawyers confirmed he is fake news.

So why even engage?

Classic cop out by de-icer. Never discuss the argument when it is obvious you would lose the argument, find a way to take out the man. I learned that in grade 2. Intelligent discussion came later.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not defending Trump or his policies, but at least the Potus has open access by the press...he may answer, he may ignore them, he may tell the to F off, but at least he has the guts to be in front

Now we all have to quit quoting him so we never have to see a post from him.

I got gas today and the sticker was only in French... I dont read french.   The next pump was in french as well.  I live in the GTA.  Who do I sue?  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JDunkin said:

Classic cop out by de-icer. Never discuss the argument when it is obvious you would lose the argument, find a way to take out the man. I learned that in grade 2. Intelligent discussion came later.

Please explain how you so easily claim it's a cop out?  I only quoted what Fox News lawyers have said.  Aren't you smart enough to question that?  It wasn't my words.

Again, your psychopathic side comes out. 

https://www.google.ca/search?source=hp&ei=wfyKX_DhPIaa_Qb8mIzoBw&q=psychopath+definition&oq=psychop&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgDMggIABCxAxDJAzIFCAAQsQMyAggAMgUIABCxAzIFCAAQsQMyAggAMgIIADICCAAyBQgAELEDMgIIADoOCC4QsQMQxwEQowIQkwI6CwguELEDEMcBEKMCOggILhCxAxCDAToLCC4QsQMQgwEQkwI6BQguELEDOggIABCxAxCDAVDMBFjzJWCwO2gBcAB4AIABXogBxASSAQE4mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=psy-ab

psy·cho·path
/ˈsīkəˌpaTH/

noun
noun: psychopath; plural noun: psychopaths
  1. a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.

• INFORMAL
      an unstable and aggressive person.
      "schoolyard psychopaths will gather around a fight to encourage the combatants"
On 10/17/2020 at 10:18 AM, deicer said:

Please explain how you so easily claim it's a cop out?  I only quoted what Fox News lawyers have said.  Aren't you smart enough to question that?  It wasn't my words.

Once again, our fraud will do anything to not discuss an argument or policy directly. I understand the obviousness of your lack of intellectual capability based on the factors you have mentioned in earlier posts, This lacking is the reason why you want money from others based on the political policies you support.

On 10/17/2020 at 10:18 AM, deicer said:

Again, your psychopathic side comes out. 

https://www.google.ca/search?source=hp&ei=wfyKX_DhPIaa_Qb8mIzoBw&q=psychopath+definition&oq=psychop&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgDMggIABCxAxDJAzIFCAAQsQMyAggAMgUIABCxAzIFCAAQsQMyAggAMgIIADICCAAyBQgAELEDMgIIADoOCC4QsQMQxwEQowIQkwI6CwguELEDEMcBEKMCOggILhCxAxCDAToLCC4QsQMQgwEQkwI6BQguELEDOggIABCxAxCDAVDMBFjzJWCwO2gBcAB4AIABXogBxASSAQE4mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=psy-ab

psy·cho·path
/ˈsīkəˌpaTH/

noun
noun: psychopath; plural noun: psychopaths
  1. a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.

• INFORMAL
      an unstable and aggressive person.
      "schoolyard psychopaths will gather around a fight to encourage the combatants"

Thanks for the analysis. And what grade level did you finish to qualify yourself to make such an analysis of someone. 

Out of interest though,

I did find some more in depth analysis of psychopaths below. All of which is interesting but meaningless in the discussion of policy points, as any intelligent person knows.

https://theconversation.com/five-things-you-didnt-know-about-psychopaths-103865

In the hit BBC TV show, Killing Eve, Villanelle, a psychopathic assassin, tells Eve, a security service operative, “You should never call a psychopath a psychopath. It upsets them.” She then pouts her lip in an imitation of someone feeling upset.

Most people think they know what a psychopath is: someone who has no feelings. Someone who probably tortured animals for fun when they were little. But here are five things you probably didn’t know about psychopaths.

1. There’s a bit of a psychopath in all of us. Psychopathy is a spectrum, and we are all somewhere on that spectrum. If you’ve ever shown a lack of guilt or remorse, or not felt empathy with someone, or you’ve charmed someone to get what you want (remember that last job interview?), then you’ve displayed a psychopathic trait. Maybe you’re fearless in certain situations or you’ve taken big risks – also psychopathic traits.

2. Psychopaths are not all “psycho”. Patrick Bateman in American Psycho and Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs are typical portrayals of psychopaths in popular culture. While it’s true that most serial killers are psychopaths, the vast majority of psychopaths are not serial killers. Psychopaths comprise about 1% of the general population and can be productive members of society.

Their lack of emotions, such as anxiety and fear, helps them to stay calm in frightening situations. Experiments have shown that they have a reduced startle response. If someone gave you a fright while you were watching a horror movie, you would probably show an “exaggerated startle response” – in other words, you’d jump out of your skin. Psychopaths react far less intensely in such fear-evoking situations. If anything, they remain calm. This can be a useful trait if you’re a soldier, a surgeon or in the special forces.

Psychopaths can also be very charming (even if only superficially) and they have the ability to confidently take risks, be ruthless, goal-oriented and make bold decisions. This makes them well suited to environments like Wall Street, the boardroom and parliament. Here, psychopaths are more likely to be making a killing than killing.

3. Psychopaths prefer Sex in the City to Little House on the Prairie. Psychopaths are more likely to be found in towns and cities. They prefer what psychologists call a “fast life history strategy”. That is, they focus on increasing their short-term mating opportunities and number of sexual partners rather than investing a lot of effort in long-term mating, parenthood and life stability. This strategy is linked to increased risk taking and selfishness. Also, cities offer psychopaths better opportunities for finding people to manipulate. They also offer greater anonymity and hence a reduced risk of being detected.

file-20181002-85617-49e8zw.jpg?ixlib=rb- Psychopaths like high stakes. F8 studio/Shutterstock.com

4. Female psychopaths are somewhat different. Although male and female psychopaths are similar in many ways, some studies have found differences. For example, female psychopaths appear to more prone to anxiety, emotional problems and promiscuity than male psychopaths.

Some psychologists argue that female psychopathy is sometimes diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, instead – characterised by poorly regulated emotions, impulsive reactions and outbursts of anger. This might explain why most studies show that rates of psychopathy are lower in females.

Our latest research shows that female psychopaths seem to prefer to date non-psychopathic men in the short-term, perhaps as a plaything or to allow easy deception and manipulation. But for long-term relationships, a female psychopath will be looking for a fellow psychopath. Eventually, birds of a feather, flock together.

5. Psychopaths do have feelings … well, some feelings. While psychopaths show a specific lack in emotions, such as anxiety, fear and sadness, they can feel other emotions, such as happiness, joy, surprise and disgust, in a similar way as most of us would. So while they may struggle to recognise fearful or sad faces and are less responsive to threats and punishments, they can identify happy faces and they do respond positively when getting rewarded.

However, while winning a fiver might make you happy, a psychopath would need a bigger reward to perk them up. In other words, they can feel happy and motivated if the rewards are high enough. Of course, they can also get angry, especially in response to provocation, or get frustrated when their goals are thwarted. So Villanelle is right, to some extent. You can hurt a psychopath’s feelings, but probably different feelings and for different reasons.

https://theconversation.com/five-things-you-didnt-know-about-psychopaths-103865

Don't need a degree to figure you out.  You tick all the boxes.  In the past, present, and probably future.

Woxof, Defcon, JDunkin, and whoever you will come back as next time will follow the same pattern.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/the-social-thinker/201801/3-key-traits-may-be-red-flags-psychopathy

1. Machiavellianism

People high in Machiavellianism are duplicitous, cunning, and manipulative. They place a higher priority than most on power, money, and winning. They easily disregard moral and social rules, and as a result, lie to others and manipulate them with little to no guilt. Think Gordon Gekko from Wall Street or Frank and Claire Underwood from House of Cards.

For people high in this trait, manipulating others is an impulse, like an alcoholic's impulse to drink. Sometimes this manipulation is done to achieve personal gain (e.g., to get a promotion), but other times it is just done for fun, or because they can’t stop themselves (e.g., internet trolling). Depending on type, these people’s tools of the trade are deception, guilt, bullying, feigned weakness, or flattery. Whichever they choose, they regularly wield these tools in an attempt to twist the emotions and behaviors of those around them.

Because such people are master manipulators, they are often charming and well-liked, at least on a superficial level. They may feign interest and compassion for a short time, but that façade wears off quickly, and it becomes clear that they only really care about themselves.

A perfect literary example of this trait is Amy Dunne from Gone Girl, who (spoiler alert) goes to extreme lengths to victimize the men in her life, even if their only sin was not giving her the attention she thought she deserved. Her particular tools of manipulation are sex, lies, guilt, fame, and her well-crafted diary. Even readers get duped by Amy’s lies, and it isn’t until midway through the book that we see her for what she really is — a master manipulator.

article continues after advertisement

2. Lack of Conscience or Empathy

You know that little voice in your head that tells you to return a found wallet or treat others as you want to be treated? People high in psychopathy don’t have that voice, or if they do, its volume is turned down very low. As a result, they lack many of the social emotions that other people take for granted, including guilt, remorse, sympathy, and pity.

It is this lack of a conscience that enables psychopaths to engage in behaviors others may secretly fantasize about, but never actually do. When someone hurts us or makes us mad, we may think, “I want to punch him!” or “I could kill him!” but we would never actually do it. Psychopaths don’t have that brake pedal: If they want to do it, they may actually do it.

This hints at another quality associated with psychopathy — low impulse control. People high in psychopathy can be quick to violence and aggression; may have many casual sex partners; and tend to engage in more risky or dangerous behaviors than others. One of their mantras is “Act first, think later.”

Once again, Flynn crafted an excellent representation of this trait with Amy Dunne. Amy is cold and calculating — almost reptilian in her lack of compassion. She seems to lack any sense of right and wrong, or empathy for what she puts others through. Instead, she has a calculating, pragmatic nature, whether lying to the police or getting rid of a human obstacle. Through her actions and lack of emotions, the reader finally sees Amy as a glacial beauty who lacks even a hint of warmth or humanity under the surface.

3. Narcissism

People high in narcissism are self-centered and have an inflated sense of their qualities and achievements. Any flaws they may have, they refuse to see in themselves and instead may project them onto those around them. For example, a narcissist who secretly worries she isn’t smart enough will accuse those around her of being dumb as a way to boost her own ego.

Narcissists love compliments and lavishly praise anyone who admires or affirms them. The flip side of this coin means that they are extremely sensitive to insults and often respond to criticism with seething rage and retribution. They have what psychologists refer to as “unstable self-esteem.” This means they put themselves on a very high pedestal, but it doesn’t take much to topple them to the ground. What others would perceive as constructive criticism, narcissists see as a declaration of war.

Because of their self-focus, they don’t get along well with others. They have problems sustaining healthy, satisfying relationships, so they tend to seek positions of authority where they can work over, rather than beside, colleagues. Such authority also helps, because narcissists never blame themselves for their problems. It is always someone else’s fault.

article continues after advertisement

There are lots of examples of narcissists in popular literature (and in historical literature), but in my opinion, one that holds true to this description, in a non-obvious and non-stereotypical way, is the character of Annie Wilkes from Misery. Annie doesn’t immediately come off as arrogant or boastful (although her claim to be Paul Sheldon’s “Number One fan” is a hint of her inflated sense of self). But as the book unfolds, we are subjected to her constant complaining about the world and those in it. These rants demonstrate that she does see herself as superior. Everyone else is a “lying ol’ dirty birdy,” and anyone who falls into this category is not worthy of sympathy or even basic human dignity. Annie is an excellent example of how to incorporate narcissism (or any of these three traits) in a character in a way that is subtle and unique, but still clearly present.

Just more boxes you tick.

https://www.healthline.com/health/psychopath#signs

Since the term psychopath is not an official diagnosis, experts refer to the signs described under ASPD. According to Masand, some of the more common signs to be aware of include:

• socially irresponsible behavior
  • disregarding or violating the rights of others
  • inability to distinguish between right and wrong
  • difficulty with showing remorse or empathy
  • tendency to lie often
  • manipulating and hurting others
  • recurring problems with the law
  • general disregard towards safety and responsibility

Other behaviors that may be signs of ASPD include a tendency to take risks, reckless behavior, and being deceitful with frequent lying.

According to Masand, ASPD can be difficult to treat because the person who needs help doesn’t believe there is a problem with their behavior. As a result, they rarely seek treatment.

Edited by deicer
4 minutes ago, deicer said:

Just more boxes you tick, the last line being most pertinent.....

https://www.healthline.com/health/psychopath#signs

Since the term psychopath is not an official diagnosis, experts refer to the signs described under ASPD. According to Masand, some of the more common signs to be aware of include:

Other behaviors include ........................being deceitful with frequent lying.

Thanks goodness that our fraud is upset at frequent lying. Imagine if he watched this video which says it all:

28 minutes ago, deicer said:

Just another highly edited  yootoob opinion piece.  Why don't you post the whole thing to show proper context?

Gee, I wonder if any of de-icers posts have been highly edited. Watch the video and ask yourself if Hillary is telling us the truth. But the fake news only complains about trump's lies as if it is new for a politician to lie.

Vote based on policy.

40 minutes ago, deicer said:

By looking at the sources of your material, not much of it is legitimate.

Watch the video again folks and decide for yourself what is legitimate. Deicer votes for liars and tells others not to vote for somebody because they are a liar.

Fraud.

1 hour ago, JDunkin said:

Watch the video again folks and decide for yourself what is legitimate. Deicer votes for liars and tells others not to vote for somebody because they are a liar.

Fraud.

Psychopath.

Well, if I am a psychopath, it doesn't change that I have exposed you(well, you really do it to yourself) as a fraud. The person you think should be president is exposed in her own words with multiple lies, yet you try to convince us that we shouldn't vote or listen to people who lie.

Why is that?

You keep on saying that, yet you don't really know the definition do you?  While I have put up definitions of being a sociopath and psychopath, and have clearly indicated which of those you fully cover to qualify you for those titles, you fail to show how I fulfill the definition of 'fraud'.  

Let me help you,,,

If you look at this definition, it is not I who satisfies the definition, however you do completely!

How many more identities/personalities/lies are you going to live in your future on this forum?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fraud

fraud

noun

To save this word, you'll need to log in.

\ ˈfrȯd  \

Definition of fraud

1a: DECEIT, TRICKERYspecifically : intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal rightwas accused of credit card fraud
b: an act of deceiving or misrepresenting : TRICKautomobile insurance frauds
2a: a person who is not what he or she pretends to be : IMPOSTORHe claimed to be a licensed psychologist, but he turned out to be a fraud.also : one who defrauds : CHEAT
b: one that is not what it seems or is represented to beThe UFO picture was proved to be a fraud.
27 minutes ago, deicer said:

You keep on saying that, yet you don't really know the definition do you?  While I have put up definitions of being a sociopath and psychopath, and have clearly indicated which of those you fully cover to qualify you for those titles, you fail to show how I fulfill the definition of 'fraud'.  

Let me help you,,,

If you look at this definition, it is not I who satisfies the definition, however you do completely!

How many more identities/personalities/lies are you going to live in your future on this forum?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fraud

fraud

noun

To save this word, you'll need to log in.

\ ˈfrȯd  \

Definition of fraud

1a: DECEIT, TRICKERYspecifically : intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal rightwas accused of credit card fraud
b: an act of deceiving or misrepresenting : TRICKautomobile insurance frauds
2a: a person who is not what he or she pretends to be : IMPOSTORHe claimed to be a licensed psychologist, but he turned out to be a fraud.also : one who defrauds : CHEAT
b: one that is not what it seems or is represented to beThe UFO picture was proved to be a fraud.

Seems to describe you. Sorry deicer, even if I am a psychopath, it doesn’t change the fact that you are a fraud pretending to care about things when all you care about is getting other peoples money, especially from your boss.

Vote based on policy.

You really don't understand the English language do you?

You are ticking the first, second, third, fourth, definitely fifth, sixth and eighth lines....

• socially irresponsible behavior
  • disregarding or violating the rights of others
  • inability to distinguish between right and wrong
  • difficulty with showing remorse or empathy
  • tendency to lie often
  • manipulating and hurting others
  • recurring problems with the law
  • general disregard towards safety and responsibility

JDunkin, I guess this means you are officially a minority...

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/how-much-do-canadians-dislike-donald-trump-a-lot/

How much do Canadians dislike Donald Trump? A lot.

A new 338Canada/Léger poll shows that from coast to coast Canadians overwhelmingly support Biden over Trump. The only exception is among Conservatives.

By Philippe J. FournierOctober 1, 2020

Trump takes questions during a news briefing at the White House on March 18, 2020 (Alex Wong/Getty Images)

Trump takes questions during a news briefing at the White House on March 18, 2020 (Alex Wong/Getty Images)

This November, millions of American voters will flock to the voting booths (or will already have voted by mail) to elect over 400 congressmen and congresswomen, 35 senators and, of course, the next president.

The world will be watching—and holding its breath.

In Canada, we know all too well that this election could have tremendous consequences on the economy and our livelihoods. The relationship between President Donald Trump and the Trudeau government has been lukewarm at best since 2016, and Trump’s sudden and apparently random impositions of tariffs on Canadian steel, aluminum and other resources crucial for Canada’s economy has not been well received north of the border.

And so as we enter the last month of the campaign, what do Canadians think of the U.S. presidential race? If, hypothetically, Canadians could vote for president, how would they vote? We present today the results of an exclusive Léger poll for 338Canada which asked over 1,500 Canadian voters this exact question. Let’s take a look at the national results, and then break them down by region, age, and political allegiance.

To the question: “If you could vote in the U.S. presidential election, would you vote for Joe Biden or Donald Trump?”, a significant majority of Canadians (72 per cent) would support Democratic nominee Joe Biden. Only 14 per cent of respondents would vote for Donald Trump, and another 14 per cent are undecided.

x

Among decided voters, Biden receives the support of 84 per cent of Canadian voters:

2020-10-01-bar6.png

Breaking down these results by geographical and polling region of Canada, we notice very little variations from one region to another, with the notable exception of Alberta:

2020-10-01-reg03.png

In Atlantic Canada and Quebec, Biden receives 90 and 89 per cent support, respectively. In Ontario, the province is aligned with the country’s average of 84 to 16 per cent in favour of Joe Biden. In Manitoba and Saskatchewan, Biden leads Trump 82 to 18 per cent, and in British Columbia, the split is 88-12 in favour of Biden. (Naturally, we must use caution with regional sub-samples because the uncertainty is higher.)

In Alberta, one third of decided voters (32 per cent) would prefer Trump over Biden. While this is significantly higher than the country’s average, we must stress that Biden still has twice as much support as Trump in arguably Canada’s most conservative province.

We also notice little contrast in age groups: 88 per cent of the younger demographics (18-34 year olds) support Biden, while that proportion is 78 per cent with 35-54 year olds, and 86 per cent with voters aged 55 and over:

2020-10-01-age01.png

Lastly, Léger’s poll also measured voting intentions in Canada (which had the Liberals rebounding after the Throne Speech last week). When we breakdown the Biden-Trump preference with current party preference in Canada, we see that a vast majority of Liberal, NDP, Bloc, and Green voters would support Joe Biden if they could.

For the Conservatives, the race would be much closer:

2020-10-01-party01.png

Indeed, only 6 per cent of NDP voters and 7 per cent of Liberals would support Trump given the chance. This is not especially surprising, but it certainly confirms the deep polarization around the perceptions of Donald Trump.

As for the Conservatives, 41 per cent of CPC voters would support Trump over Biden, a significantly higher proportion than any other major party. While it is not surprising to measure higher support for a Republican candidate from the supporters of the main right-of-centre party in Canada, this proportion is such that it simply cannot be ignored by new CPC leader Erin O’Toole.

(Bloc and Green voters support Biden in similar 90-10 per cent proportions, but, since the sample of BQ and Green voters were both small—under 120 respondents apiece—we caution against drawing conclusions from these numbers.)

Is there such political osmosis across the border between the Conservatives in Canada and the Republicans in the United States? According to this poll, the pro-Trump conservatives have been growing in numbers within the party, and this could partly explain why Erin O’Toole chose to run his “True Blue” campaign of courting social conservatives to win over the party’s leadership.

This will be a major challenge for O’Toole: Will he actually manage to convince centrist and Red Tory voters to join pro-Trump conservatives under the same banner before the next federal election? The CPC might very well be a big-tent party, but how much can one stretch its fabric before it snaps?

After last year’s federal election, many observers believed that, to win back a majority of seats in the House of Commons, the Conservative Party of Canada would have to regain the centre of the Canadian political spectrum. This poll indicates that not only is it not happening, but many of the party’s supporters are going in the exact opposite direction.

For the full report from Léger, follow this link. The details of the Trump/Biden question are on page 5. The poll was on the field from September 25 to 27, 2020 and collected data from a representative sample of 1,514 Canadians over the age of 18. The data was then analyzed and weighted according to gender, age, mother tongue, region, education level and the presence of children in households in order to render a representative sample of the general population. 

2 hours ago, JDunkin said:

Another anti-Trumper caught out. Should be smart enough to know better. I hope he wasn't doing anything really embarrassing. 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/jeffrey-toobin-suspended-from-new-yorker-on-leave-from-cnn-after-accidentally-exposing-himself-on-zoom-call/ar-BB1abJP8?ocid=msedgntp

Oh well, so much for that hope. Another anti-Trumper "trusted fake news source" who tries to force his I'm better than you crap on us during the impeachment proceedings and now this. It never ends. Don't worry, I know that guys on the conservative side do weird stuff too. 

"A new report on the suspension of New Yorker staff writer and CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin claims the legal pundit was masturbating during a Zoom call with colleagues."

"The call, which was described as an "election simulation," featured Toobin's New Yorker colleagues including Jane Mayer, Masha Gessen, Andrew Marantz, Jelani Cobb, Evan Osnos, Sue Halpern, and Dexter Filkins playing various roles in potential 2020 outcomes including President Trump, Joe Biden, "establishment Republicans," 'establishment Democrats," and "the military." Toobin was playing "the courts."

Election simulation....probably Toobin will apologize profusely and say he thought he read 'erection stimulation' and all will be forgiven by the same people who demonize a conservative who compliments a women.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/09/27/kavanaugh-ford-allegations-trump-press-conference-sexism-toobin-sot-vpx.cnn

Another fraud.

Can't wait to see a blackface of him video come out as well. 

8 hours ago, JDunkin said:

A new report on the suspension of New Yorker staff writer and CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin claims the legal pundit was masturbating during a Zoom call with colleagues."

And more....from the BBC...

VOTE DEMOCRAT  LOLOL

New Yorker's Jeffrey Toobin exposes himself in Zoom call

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54611557

CNN’s chief legal analyst. Obviously his grasp of the penal code is different than the rest of us. Perhaps the dems will hire him for the stimulus committee.

Ok, I’ll be honest. That comes from the comment section of the news report.

6 hours ago, deicer said:

The only names I recognized were virulent anti-Trumpers who are no doubt willing to look the other way to get into power. 

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-media-hunter-biden-deep-state

Definitely worth watching this video.

I am pleased to inform you that, for the sake of accuracy in reporting, I am considering posting my interview with Lesley Stahl of 60 Minutes, PRIOR TO AIRTIME! This will be done so that everybody can get a glimpse of what a FAKE and BIASED interview is all about...

...Everyone should compare this terrible Electoral Intrusion with the recent interviews of Sleepy Joe Biden!