Why You Need Trusted News Sources

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not defending Trump or his policies, but at least the Potus has open access by the press...he may answer, he may ignore them, he may tell the to F off, but at least he has the guts to be in front

Now we all have to quit quoting him so we never have to see a post from him.

This always saddens me and I think he got it desperately wrong here; the election results reflect it too IMO. I can only speak for myself I guess, but this is the sort of attitude and headline where D

Posted Images

https://blackamericaweb.com/2020/06/08/candace-owens-suspension-gofundme/

Candace Owens Suspended By GoFundMe For Lying On Black People

Booted for spreading falsehoods against the Black community. Ya love to see it.

Candace Owens is a darling of the far-right due to her “Sure I’ll tap dance for you massa” antics but that doesn’t mean the jig hasn’t been spotted, and not just by Black people. The top tier, self-hating buffoon has been suspended by GoFundMe due to her gaslighting antics.

According to the Daily Beast, Owens was suspended due to harsh word she aimed at the late George Floyd. Despite the man’s murder literally inspiring global protests against police brutality, the Notorious C.O. determined it necessary to try to slander the man’s name.

“GoFundMe has suspended the account associated with Candace Owens and the GoFundMe campaign has been removed because of a repeated pattern of inflammatory statements that spread hate, discrimination, intolerance and falsehoods against the black community at a time of profound national crisis,” said the platform in a statement. “These actions violate our terms of service.”

Reportedly, Owens was raising money for the Parkside Cafe in Birmingham, Alabama, whose co-owner, Michael Dykes, went on social media to call Floyd a “thug.” He also multitasked and called protesters “idiots” via text message, which also made it online. Don’t shed a tear, because Parkside Cafe is still getting the money that was raised, and they’ve also apologized for Dykes being a headass.

Yep, that’s the type of hill Candace Owens chooses to fight and die on. This is where we point out that there are receipts that Owens, who was once anti-Trump, is pretty much a scammer, as documented by our NewsOne peeps right here.

Owens went on Twitter to kicker her usual conservatives are under attack malarkey. But hey c00ns are gonna c00n.

While I am glad they will give the funds raised this far to the cafe to the owner, I am angry that such a blatant form of discrimination is acceptable by @gofundme. There was NOTHING intolerant or violent about raising funds to help a conservative business owner.

— Candace Owens (@RealCandaceO) June 7, 2020

https://newsone.com/3848636/candace-owens-receipts-con-artist/

Every Receipt Proving Candace Owens Is A Con Artist Who Is Following The Money

We have the receipts.

NewsOne Staff Written By NewsOne Staff

Posted June 4, 2020

UPDATED: 9:55 a.m. ET, June 4 —

Candace Owens has repeatedly made her anti-Black platform clear. But in case there was any confusion, she most recently doubled-down on her self-hatred with despicable comments trying to criminalize George Floyd in his death. The sunken conservative pundit who seemingly outdoes her hate each time she says something accused Floyd of having drugs when he was arrested and scoffed at people treating him like a “martyr.” Those comments came after she tried to criminalize Ahmaud Arbery with comments that disgusted even her fellow Black conservatives. The woman who sympathized with Hitler even defended Amy Cooper, the white woman also known as Central Park Karen who called police on a Black man who asked her to leash her dog while bird-watching.

MORE: April Fool? Candace Owens Threatens To Run For Office As 2020 Spirals Out Of Control

All the while, Republicans are embracing her stunts, like when they had her tap dancing before Congress to downplay concerns of white supremacy and white nationalism.

That said, Owens is a fraud and we have endless receipts.

Lawsuit With the NAACP

Owens now calls the NAACP “one of the worst groups for Black people,” even though the organization helped her win a racial discrimination lawsuit. In 2007, she accused some white boys of racially harassing and threatening to kill her. Owens claimed the boys were the son of then-Stamford Mayor Dannel Malloy, Connecticut’s former governor. Because of the NAACP, Owens’ family received a settlement of $37,500 from Stamford Public Schools.

Scot X. Esdaile, the Connecticut NAACP president who helped Owens with her lawsuit, was shocked to hear she had become a conservative. Esdaile told Mic, “We’re very saddened and disappointed in her. It seems to me that she’s now trying to play to a different type of demographic.”

He also said, “It’s the same type of thing Clarence Thomas did. [Thomas] reaped all the benefits of affirmative action and then tried to roll over on it. It’s that kind of mentality and disrespect.”

Anti-Trump Website

In May of 2018, BuzzFeed reported that Candace Owens was the CEO of an anti-Trump, liberal-leaning website called Degree180. Owens wrote in 2015 that it was “good news” that the “Republican Tea Party … will eventually die off (peacefully in their sleep, we hope).”

Degree180 also talked about Trump’s penis size and him being racist with an immigrant wife.

The site reportedly shut down by the end of 2016 and Owens magically “came out” as a conservative on YouTube a few months later.

Fox News

By March of 2018, Owens was slithering onto TV stations and finally made it to Fox News. She spit out a line that went viral and made her a darling of pseudo-conservatives. Owens said the National Rifle Association was founded as a civil rights organization that protected Black people from the KKK. Even the Fox News host said, “I’ve never heard that before! That’s so interesting!” She never heard it before, either, because it was a lie.

Watch the insanity below:

"The Democrats have been good at wiping away history and re-writing it” –@RealCandaceO talks about joining NRA which she says started as a civil rights organization pic.twitter.com/gqSMUKKdoU

— FOX & friends (@foxandfriends) March 4, 2018

PolitiFact confirmed she lied or is just willfully ignorant. According to the NRA’s own web site, “Dismayed by the lack of marksmanship shown by their troops, Union veterans Col. William C. Church and Gen. George Wingate formed the National Rifle Association in 1871. The primary goal of the association would be to ‘promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis,’ according to a magazine editorial written by Church.”

However, her fraudulent comment made her a media darling.

Another Lawsuit

Back in January of this year, Owens attacked New York Rep. Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez for being “fiscally irresponsible” because the newly elected congresswoman couldn’t afford an apartment in Washington, D.C. However, reporter Nathan Bernard exposed Owens by posting a lawsuit that showed “she rented a $3,500 apartment, lived there for six months rent-free, then claimed she had gotten ‘toxic mold sickness’ and threatened to sue her landlord to avoid paying rent.”

At the age of 28, Candace Owens was so fiscally irresponsible that she rented a $3,500 apartment, lived there for six months rent-free, then claimed she had gotten “toxic mold sickness” and threatened to sue her landlord to avoid paying rent, legal documents prove pic.twitter.com/2rRUwvJfnn

— Nathan Bernard (@nathanTbernard) January 14, 2019

She allegedly stopped paying rent in September of 2016 and was evicted in January of 2017, which coincides with her “coming out” as a conservative only months later.

As for the mold claims, a legal analyst told Bernard Media, “The obvious question is if the place was so unlivable why stay there 6 months, even rent free? Why not get out of there especially if you can afford an apartment for $3,500? It’s not difficult to identify a toxic mold infestation either. If you started to exhibit symptoms that seemed related to the infestation, why not notify a doctor immediately? Also, why sue a year later after moving out? There are a lot of questions that arise on first glance at this case. She’s going to have a huge burden of proof at trial.”

Social Autopsy

In the spring of 2016, Owens launched an anti-cyberbullying website called Social Autopsy. She reportedly started a Kickstarter campaign to raise $75,000 (she sure likes money she doesn’t have to work for). CTPost.com described the site as a “searchable database of offensive speech found on social media.” Owens wanted to expose people who anonymously harassed others online, which is known as doxing and is a huge no-no among conservatives. She claimed she got pushback from the left, which was allegedly one of the sparks that lit her conservative fire.

However, Quillette.com reported, it was the right who attacked her.

“While Owens portrays herself as a victim of leftist persecution, the fact is that the initial backlash against Social Autopsy came mostly from the ‘cultural libertarian’ opposition to the authoritarian left. YouTube video bloggers Matt Jarbo (“Mundane Matt”) and Chris Maldonado (“Chris Ray Gun”), both strong critics of ‘social justice warriors,’ were among the first to blast the project as a terrible idea. Another early negative report came from none other than Breitbart; it was written by Allum Bokhari, a frequent co-author of the not-yet-disgraced Milo Yiannopoulos and a leading foe of the ‘SJW’ left in digital and tech culture,” the site wrote.

This would make sense because it is clearly people on the right or MAGA crazies who don’t want to be exposed for their hatred. You can hear Owens doing the voiceover for the Social Autopsy video below:

Blexit

Her term Blexit, which got her embarrassed by Kanye West who implied she “used” him, is a slogan that was stolen from the Bank Black movement. Listen to the actual founder of Blexit, Me’la Connelly, explaining how Owens stole her slogan:

Please listen to a clip of my interview below with @meleaofmpls – the actual founder of Blexit, which is about Black economic empowerment, not division. #TheRealBlexit #ReclaimBlexit #Blexit #claycaneshow pic.twitter.com/w9bP3YzGt5

— Clay 'Not Holding His Vote Hostage' Cane (@claycane) November 1, 2018

In addition, Owens’ Blexit site is packed with historical inaccuracies. Historian Kevin Kruse broke this down for her on Twitter and he was blocked. The thread is an excellent read packed with facts.

As Candace Owens testifies to a congressional hearing on white supremacy, I'll repost this thread in which I showed her "Blexit" site was filled with fake quotes and distortions.

(Her response to this thread was to block me immediately.) https://t.co/edyqhtPrUp

— Kevin M. Kruse (@KevinMKruse) September 20, 2019

Within only a few years, Owens had two failed internet projects, didn’t pay rent and then somehow became a conservative, landing a job at Turning Point USA. She is now known for outlandish language. She said Hitler only wanted to make Germany “great again.”

After the horrific mail bombs sent to Democrats back in October, she tweeted then deleted, “I’m going to go ahead and state that there is a 0% chance that these ‘suspicious packages’ were sent out by conservatives. The only thing ‘suspicious’ about these packages is their timing. Caravans, fake bomb threats—these leftists are going ALL OUT for midterms.”

There are true conservatives out there who have been involved in politics for years, but Owens does not appear to be one of them. She is clearly in this for fame, attention and is following the money.

It's hard to imagine the circus that going on in some of those people's mind to allow them to rationalize their belief systems - honestly, most of them are so stupid I don't know how they find food to stay alive.

Edited by seeker
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, seeker said:

It's hard to imagine the circus that going on in some of those people's mind to allow them to rationalize their belief systems - honestly, most of them are so stupid I don't know how they find food to stay alive.

“ Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped.“

George Orwell

On 6/9/2020 at 4:22 PM, Wolfhunter said:

Seeking logic in narrative is futile. Countering belief structures equally so. Discussions with denizens of the fringes is useless.

Toronto believes their gun problem comes from national level IPSC, 3 gun and PRC competitors. It's a vote rich area and thus, JT agrees; why wouldn't he? 

Military service that includes 2 foreign deployments should be compulsory. Mandatory history classes in each semester of high school too. Perspective and experience are kissing cousins and in the absence of experience, education is the only counter to the effects of madness.

Re the mandatory history lessons, the one problem with that is the way history is nowadays sanitized to remove racial slurs etc. that were common in the past.  If we can not trust history to tell us how it was, then we are indeed deemed to repeat it., 

The Death of Journalism as we knew it

“ Wendy Mesley was sacrificed on Tuesday at the altar of political correctness.”

Her 40-year career as a stellar journalist with the CBC turned into ashes as she was first backstabbed by her colleagues at work and then offered by CBC management as a human sacrifice to vultures on a diet of cancel culture.

“ Some may consider it an exaggeration, but the slow strangulation of what is permitted language in newspapers and broadcast networks across North America is the death of journalism as we knew it.

Political correctness, identity politics, cancel culture and “white guilt” have combined to make the exercise of ‘objectivity’, hitherto the essential device in a reporter’s toolbox, almost a swear word.

There was a time when opinion writing was reserved for those who had a decade or more of reporting in their pockets. No more.

Today, the phenomenon of ‘activist journalism’ has been born. Free from the supervision of an editor, these ‘journalists’ leap straight to ‘opinion writing,’ never ever going through the rigours of covering the courts, crime or natural disasters unless there was an ethnic or racial twist in the story.

Truth be damned. The pressure is on to bury the facts, lest it upset the sensibilities of guilt-ridden left-wing whites. Notwithstanding the casualties they cause, political correctness is the rule of the day for them.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/fatah-the-death-of-journalism-as-we-knew-it

The details appear to be sketchy, apparently she was quoting someone.

This is the second occurrence of this I'm aware of so I have a couple of questions (I refer to the female instagram girl who had to apologize for singing along with a rap song). It's clearly a trap for any  journalist simply quoting others verbatim and impacts freedom of the press. Would the punitive action taken by CBC be different if Wendy was of a different race (the true test of racism IMO)?

I would previously have considered the following questions frivolous but since it's a real thing now it demands some critical thought. Anyone who considers Wendy a white suprematist for quoting someone else is likely to have the answers:

I. Is it OK for white girls to listen to rap music with racist lyrics? if yes;

2. Is it OK for her to sing along with the music? If no:

3. Should she be allowed  to play the music in her their car at a volume that other white people can hear it.... not much different than singing along?  if no:

3. Can she play it with earbuds as long as she doesn't sing along... is it OK to sing along (in that case) as long as another white person can't hear you? or;

4. Should white people be banned from listening to rap and does the music industry have a duty not to produce it in order to reduce the possibility of accidental distribution to white people. If so;

5. What is the recommended action if a white person accidentally overhears a black person playing the music and is the reporting method different if they overhear a white person playing it? What if they hear the music but are unable to determine the ethnicity of the person playing it?

6. Are we insane for even considering the previous 5 questions worthy of serious consideration.... does it  deflect from the real issues of the day, like changing the name of Dundas St in Toronto?

Edited by Wolfhunter

Too bad about Wendy.....now if they would only get rid of Suehana Merharchand...I find her on air delivery annoyingi and condescending,..imo

Would really like to know what the “word” was that Wendy quoted and caused such turmoil at the organization.

3 hours ago, st27 said:

Would really like to know what the “word” was that Wendy quoted and caused such turmoil at the organization.

Me too. 

If there is anything that deserves to be "defunded" though it's the CBC. I used to (mostly) vote liberal and I watched the national every night... can't stand it anymore and I don't even recognize the party.  It wasn't me that changed either, liberals did and CBC did.

Wrong thread, but I would also note that handgun technology hasn't changed since 1911. So what's changed, why is Toronto awash in gun violence... could it have something to do with drugs, ethnic gangs and turf wars? Instead of defunding police why not simply disarm them. If the police didn't have guns, the gangsters wouldn't need guns and shootings would cease. Add a simple ban on drugs and gangs, then take the weekend off and attend a protest.... see, even I can do it.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

In the end it was a rat who got Wendy Mesley. The CBC TV host of The Weekly was likely bushwhacked by someone(s) on her show staff, the trust of the unit broken by those who likely sat across from her at story meetings, smiling eagerly as they (I use this pronoun in both the traditional and non-binary sense) contemplated how to step over Mesley to win fame for themselves.

No doubt the fellow employee(s) doesn’t not feel like the rat that they are. They probably see themselves as a hero for outing Mesley’s use of a word used commonly by black comics such as Richard Pryor, Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock to prompt laughter from mortified liberal whites. That Mesley used the word in a warning about a black guest to her staff of eager young things— it’s almost exclusively female and user 30— was irrelevant.

There was a scalp for the taking. And some SJW snitch who stains the name of journalism was not going to pass up a prize like that to brag about within their peer group. Mesley immediately recognized her mistake in the meeting. Not in using the word itself but in trusting the callow members of her staff to understand the context. But her apologies are useless. They’re encouragement for more outings. The snitch culture rules in today’s newsrooms.

By now, Mesley knows what the entire generation of people I worked with at CBC and Global TV and the Globe & Mail have learned. The newsroom standards of trust and fraternity they grew up in are lost on this generation. The notions of putting a story first, following the facts and learning from your elders is subsumed by young people intent on being social justice guerrillas instead who would see racism in the coffee machines at CBC.

CBC owns much of this. While striving to be inclusive of cultures and colours, the puppy mill of journalism has instead become more homogenous in both thought and deed. They don’t want to follow a story. They want people to follow them in their virtue and self-signalling. Forget the diverse characters who once rose through small-town radio stations and papers to reach the national level. Those struggles informed a larger purpose, exposed them to real working people.

Today, these show horses go directly from Ryerson and Carleton without passing through Estevan, Saskatchewan, or Shediac, N.B. (Hell, I’d be surprised if they can spell either name.) The world view they’re supposed to reflect is informed by a cloistered hothouse of gotcha’ stories and progressive catch phrases stolen from #BuzzFeed and #Mediaite.

Raised in luxury without faith or sacrifice, the progeny of Boomers hate their alleged privilege

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-protests-armed-guards-local-businesses-extortion

Beware, residents will soon organize armed vigilante groups in opposition to Autonomous Zone Militias. Pretty soon it won't be a police matter anymore. 

This seems like a pretty big deal to me yet nothing on CNN about it. If gun toting dudes in MAGA hats took over a 6 block area in downtown Seattle do you suppose they would cover it?

Did FOX just make this up or If it's true, how does it get ignored by CNN? 

Edited by Wolfhunter
6 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

Headline of the day award:

The new California friendly label could be "material appropriation protest" (MAP). 

LA Times executive editor says the word 'looting' has racist connotation

I understand the new term will be: "liberating unsold merchandise"

Money talks....

https://deadline.com/2020/06/tucker-carlson-loses-advertisers-fox-news-black-lives-matters-protest-stance-1202956176/

UPDATED with Disney/ABC & Fox News statements: Tucker Carlson has one of the most-watched shows on cable news, but the Fox News Channel host is losing advertisers – again.

Whereas in 2018, when 20 companies yanked their ads after Carlson obtusely proclaimed that undocumented immigrants made America “poorer, and dirtier, and more divided,” this time the exits are over the host’s stance on the death of George Floyd and the ensuing nationwide protests against police violence and racism.

Both Disney and T-Mobile have cut ties with the primetime Tucker Carlson Tonight over the host’s polarizing point of view on the Black Lives Matter movement and the desire for justice and equality in America that many of its members advocate. Along with Papa John’s, the media giant and the telecommunications brand faced a backlash in recent days for their association with Carlson and his belief that the well-attended protests were “Black Lives Matter riots.”

Or, put another way, putting money in Rupert Murdoch’s corporate pocket was not a branding position Disney or T-Mobile wanted to be in at this moment in America.

Fox News did not respond to request for comment tonight on the ad exits. (UPDATE, 10 AM June 11: A Fox News spokesperson now says all national dollars/ads were moved to other programs and there has not been any national money lost.)

Disney, which has run ads about 29 times this year on the much-watched FNC, did not respond to request for comment tonight on the issue.

However, sources tell Deadline that the ads for ABC shows on Tucker Carlson Tonight were placed in error by third parties. The ads will not be running anymore, and no more placements by the Bob Chapek-led House of Mouse are expected on the show anytime soon. (UPDATE, 10:45 PM: “The ABC advertisements were placed on the show without our knowledge by third party media buyers who were unaware that we do not advertise on the show, and they have now been notified not to place any further ads,” an ABC spokesperson told Deadline tonight.)

“We also realize that now more than ever is the time for us all to further strengthen our commitment to diversity and inclusion everywhere,” CEO Chapek, along with Executive Chairman Bob Iger and SVP and Chief Diversity Officer Latondra Newton, told Disney staff in a May 30 note, five days after Floyd was killed in the street by a now-fired Minneapolis cop.

“We intend to keep the conversation going, not just today, but for as long as it takes to bring about real change,” the correspondence from the Disney executives concluded.

That’s a stark contrast, to put it mildly, to Carlson’s earlier encapsulations of the past two weeks in America. Last week, the host told his primarily conservative audience that they weren’t “required to be upset” about Floyd’s Memorial Day death in broad daylight on the street at the hands of cops. This is the same host who last summer pronounced white supremacy a “hoax” that should be put on the “conspiracy theory” shelf.

“This may be a lot of things, this moment we’re living through, but it is definitely not about black lives,” Carlson then told his viewers on June 8, the first day of Floyd’s memorial in his adopted hometown of Houston. “Remember that when they come for you, and at this rate, they will,” the FNC host added cryptically.

A FNC spokesperson earlier this week said that the “they” Carlson was referring to on Monday was the Democrats and local politicians and not BLM members or activists.

Nonetheless, those inflammatory words provoked the Deutsche Telekom AG-owned T-Mobile to respond online, “We haven’t run ads on Tucker Carlson Tonight since early May and have cancelled all future placements.” The cell phone carrier added: “We will continue to support those who stand against racial injustice.”

T-Mobile’s new-ish CEO put it in even blunter terms:

“That’s America tonight, totally cool,” Carlson doubled-down on Wednesday on BLM-led or inspired protests, saying that “racist lunatics with semiautomatic weapons” want a new “segregation” in the county. This comes on the same day that Carlson made an exit of his own and left the Daily Caller. After co-founding the conservative digital outlet a decade ago, Carlson had his one-third stake bought out in recent days, supposedly to free him to focus on his four-year-old FNC show

Having said that, the fiscal year ends June 30, so we have no overall data yet on how Carlson’s show has or has not be hit by any advertisers exiting. However, beyond the boardroom politics, if past advertiser boycotts of Carlson and other FNC shows are an indication and and past record bottom lines for FNC in 2018 and 2019 are taken into account, we may be looking at an impact of nickels and dimes at most when all is said and done.

4 hours ago, Marshall said:

"liberating unsold merchandise"

Except that would be "LUM" and to qualify as liberal speak it needs to sound cute in a sentence. 

As in, "I'm going to MAP an new 60 inch colour TV set bros.

Saying "I'm going to LUM a new smartphone" just won't resonate with the sort of peaceful protestors who normally attend a MAP... 

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Headline of the day award. Only because It celebrates that inevitable moment in time where the purveyors of madness begin to see their colleagues as insane:

Bill Maher blasts 'Defund the police' branding: How are Dems 'this f---ing stupid'?

And  this gets honourable mention because it's the second such event and the start of a trend... I would be resigning from the team as well and encouraging others to do the same.

10 Florida SWAT officers quit unit over ‘political climate’: report

Edited by Wolfhunter