Why You Need Trusted News Sources

10 hours ago, Mitch Cronin said:

Of course they have sources. You just don't always know what they are, but someone created them.

tell the British people Memes don't have sources.  It was Memes and the spread of false information on social media that set Brexit in motion.  We know damned well where those came from.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not defending Trump or his policies, but at least the Potus has open access by the press...he may answer, he may ignore them, he may tell the to F off, but at least he has the guts to be in front

Now we all have to quit quoting him so we never have to see a post from him.

The only Rock I see here is the heads of the people that think a single news source provides anything but biased reporting. most of the american news outlets are owned by a single company with a

Posted Images

The problem is that those who follow the doctrines of the 'right' on this forum get apoplectic when this is pointed out to them.  

Then they block you.

So much for intelligent fact based discussion instead of baseless youtube videos.

2 hours ago, deicer said:

The problem is that those who follow the doctrines of the 'right' on this forum get apoplectic when this is pointed out to them.  

Then they block you.

So much for intelligent fact based discussion instead of baseless youtube videos.

Are you sure they "block" you rather than simply ignoring some selective posts and posters?  

Marshall, it isn't called a "block", it's called "ignore."  Aptly named I think.  Just click on your name up in the top right and you can find the option.

2 hours ago, Marshall said:

Are you sure they "block" you rather than simply ignoring some selective posts and posters?  

On other social media, the term is to 'block'. 

Same result, either way.

No longer a desire for intellectual discussion.

6 hours ago, deicer said:

On other social media, the term is to 'block'. 

Same result, either way.

No longer a desire for intellectual discussion.

Deicer: sometimes the lack of interest is driven by one's definition of intellectual dissuasion vs the endless posting of one sided dogma from either side. ?

When there is such a continual flow of new examples to add, as well as other related corruption, it isn't hard to add new to the discussion.

Besides, when I am involved in so few threads, as compared to the numerous threads throwing bashes from the other side, who really has the endless posting of one sided dogma?

• 2 weeks later...

The Trudeau Star is sold to private individuals. Begs the question of will their coverage finally become neutral or will Trudeau have even more sway over its leanings. Will they still get bail out money ? One would think if someone thought them worth $52 M, they must anticipate making a profit?

https://www.expressnews.com/business/article/The-Toronto-Star-to-be-sold-taken-private-15296461.php

or do they play both sides of the field depending on which is the most lucrative?

Fairfax holdings donates to Mitt Romney (Republican)

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/controversial-loophole-allows-toronto-based-insurer-to-make-1m-donation-to-romney/article4593461/

Edited by Jaydee
2 hours ago, Jaydee said:

One would think if someone thought them worth $52 M, they must anticipate making a profit?

The company has $69M cash on its balance sheet.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Airband said:

The company has $69M cash on its balance sheet.

One has to wonder how much of that came directly from taxpayers. And if that’s the case, why were they being bailed out by Trudeau?

A snippet of world news you won't find mainstream.

For anyone who no longer cares what Trump had for breakfast, how much the 1% spend on golf carts or the fact they are constructed by the military industrial complex who received tax breaks because they play golf with Trump as part of a wider Russian collusion strategy to infiltrate golf club manufacturing .... or whatever:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/tense-india-china-standoff-himalayan-border-escalate-200527120501581.html

Edited by Wolfhunter
3 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

A snippet of world news you won't find mainstream.

For anyone who no longer cares what Trump had for breakfast, how much the 1% spend on golf carts or the fact they are constructed by the military industrial complex who received tax breaks because they play golf with Trump as part of a wider Russian collusion strategy to infiltrate golf club manufacturing .... or whatever:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/tense-india-china-standoff-himalayan-border-escalate-200527120501581.html

Hey!  Wait a second, did I miss a memo or something?  Are we now supposed to post actual news.

Three reports on the same event in Calgary 06/01/2020   One says thousands , another says over one thousand and the last say hundreds.  Who to believe?????

First from Global  https://globalnews.ca/news/7012341/calgary-george-floyd-racism-protest/

Calgarians fill streets in 2nd protest in wake of George Floyd’s death

The City of Calgary has seen its second demonstration in two days, as thousands of residents took to the streets of the city’s downtown, making their voices heard in the fight against racism and police brutality.

More than 1,000 Calgarians rally in solidarity with George Floyd protests in United States  https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/protest-rally-calgary-black-lives-matter-george-floyd-1.5593537?cmp=rss

More than a thousand people came together in Calgary's East Village for a loud but peaceful demonstration Monday morning in response to the death of George Floyd, which has sparked widespread outrage in cities across the United States.

Third  story of the same event but this was 660 news Calgary : https://www.660citynews.com/2020/06/01/hundreds-march-downtown-in-support-of-black-lives-matter/

Hundreds march downtown in support of Black Lives Matter

BY 660 NEWS STAFF

Posted Jun 1, 2020 12:51 pm MDT

CALGARY (660 NEWS) – Hundreds of Calgarians marched to City Hall to show solidarity with Black Lives Matter demonstrations in the U.S.

The march made its way through from East Village through downtown Calgary with many shouting slogans like “No justice, no peace. No racist police”, “Black lives matter” and “We want change”.

I fear we are on the verge of an event far surpassing the horrific days of the Kent State slaughter of nearly exactly 50 years ago. God help America. God rid its Coward In Chief.

Edited by Moon The Loon
  • Like 1

Or people could stay home....and stay safe...things are really getting out of control down there....how much “civil” disobedience should be allowed and where will it stop??

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Moon The Loon said:

I fear we are on the verge of an event far surpassing the horrific days of the Kent State slaughter of nearly exactly 50 years ago. God help America. God rid its Coward In Chief.

They could heed the message from his brother and stay home, stop looting etc.

n Minneapolis on Monday, Terrence Floyd delivered an emotional tribute to his brother George Floyd, whose death a week ago sparked protests against police brutality nationwide.

“My brother moved here from Houston and I used to talk to him on the phone,” he said, speaking into a megaphone on the street corner where Minnesota cop Derek Chauvin held a knee to his brother’s neck. “He loved it here.”

Floyd said that he came from a peaceful family and called on protesters not to damage property. “If I’m not over here wilding out, if I’m not over here blowing up stuff, if I’m not over here messing up my community, then what are y’all doing?” he asked.

“Let’s do this another way,” he urged, as cheers erupted from the crowd. “Let’s stop thinking that our voice don’t matter and vote.”

“Educate yourself and know who you’re voting for,” he continued. “And that’s how we gonna hit ‘em. Because it’s a lot of us. It’s a lot of us. It’s a lot of us.”

Floyd then led the crowd in chants of “What’s his name? George Floyd

I'm not missing the point at all...merely stating if you don't want to get shot, don't go where they are shooting...with the level of gun ownership in the US, its not just the police that will be armed.

A police officer has been shot in Las Vegas and authorities are responding to another shooting in the city as people protest the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis, authorities said. 

The officer was shot in the area of the Las Vegas Strip and an officer was involved in a shooting in the downtown area, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department reported early Tuesday.

The department said both shootings were on Las Vegas Boulevard.

Pick your protests.

• Like 1

And sometimes, to affect real change, you have to be willing to get shot.

Ok Deicer let’s go protest.....as long as you stand in front of me....?

What is bugging me in addition to the death is that the actions of one out of control cop results in all White people being labelled as racist! ?  If you take a look around the world, it is not only white people who are racist, racism exists in most, if not all, races.

26 minutes ago, Marshall said:

What is bugging me in addition to the death is that the actions of one out of control cop results in all White people being labelled as racist! ?  If you take a look around the world, it is not only white people who are racist, racism exists in most, if not all, races.

You're right.  And it is a taught behavior.

Time to work towards changing the curriculum.