Why You Need Trusted News Sources

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not defending Trump or his policies, but at least the Potus has open access by the press...he may answer, he may ignore them, he may tell the to F off, but at least he has the guts to be in front

Now we all have to quit quoting him so we never have to see a post from him.

The only Rock I see here is the heads of the people that think a single news source provides anything but biased reporting. most of the american news outlets are owned by a single company with a

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Jaydee said:

I source EVERY article I post. Memes don’t have sources

Jaydee, you gotta get on board with Wolfhunter and I - soooo much more peaceful around here and the people I reply to actually reply back in a way that moves the conversation forward - nice change.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mo32a said:

Now we all have to quit quoting him so we never have to see a post from him.

Yeah, unfortunate.  Been several, many, a lot of times that I spent an hour or more to compose a thoughtful and, IMO, substantive reply intended to move a discussion forward only to get a link to a CNN article in return - that's not good.  Makes a person wonder - why bother?

2 hours ago, seeker said:

substantive reply intended to move a discussion forward

Admittedly, I fall into that trap myself and it’s  not just here. I wrongly assume the author of a particular statement (or position) is inviting debate or exploration of the issue leading to a solution or consensus. 

But clearly that’s not always the case, I now consider it a form of ridicule and resolve not to feed the critters... and there are lots of em. Believe it or not, I have a relative who is currently reading the bible in order to better ridicule and argue with Christians… for some people it’s a hobby.

Edited by Wolfhunter
3 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

The perfect example of fake news and the unrepentant stupidity of those eager to assume the worst for craven political gain:

Exactly like the Koi pond video of Trump - selectively edited by CNN to make him appear as if he's culturally insensitive.  And people wonder why he doesn't like CNN and calls them fake news.  If somebody did that to me I'd be unlikely to show them any consideration again - ever.

Edited by seeker
  • Like 1

I didn't think this was true at first glance, but it is the west coast, and since nothing they do makes sense to me.... it probably is true:

https://torontosun.com/news/world/covidiots-gather-with-infected-in-order-to-catch-virus

And, regardless of the source, deceptive editing isn't a mistake. In fact, using deceptive and mistake in the same sentence here is, in itself, deliberately deceptive IMO. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/chuck-todd-meet-the-press-barr-flynn-edit

The calendar is patient and the before and after video clip collages are under development for subsequent release in a timely manner.... it's almost like setting traps for furry creatures that only know that they're hungry.

Edited by Wolfhunter

Questions allowed by Trudeau:

CBC 167
CTV  90
Global News 75
Toronto Star 29
National Post 14 
Sun 4

If you control the questions, you control the narrative.

If you control the narrative, you control the people.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/malcolm-trudeaus-briefings-highlight-a-problem-with-journalism-in-canada

CD5AC2B6-E6ED-4385-92D3-448818DB418C.jpeg

81327043-7810-4961-9876-2583174BD967.jpeg

Edited by Jaydee

Rebel News reporters called in to Justin Trudeau's morning pandemic press conferences twenty times. And twenty times, we were not picked to ask a question, while the same reporters and news outlets were given that privilege over and over and over again.

Here is one group not even on the list....how dare they try to ask a question and spoil a photo op!!

https://www.rebelnews.com/let_us_report_suing_for_access_trudeau_pandemic_press_conferences_interview_lawyer_aaron_rosenberg?utm_campaign=rb_05_05_20&utm_medium=email&utm_source=therebel

• Like 2

OMG !!  You just can’t make this **bleep** up. BOW DOWN.....First she’s a world renowned Climate Expert....now apparently a Scientist and an expert on the Corona Virus. Has she even graduated high school yet? CNN’s rating must really be plunging to stoop this low.

CNN to feature teen climate activist Greta Thunberg in coronavirus town hall

CNN announced Wednesday it will feature teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg in its next "Coronavirus: Facts and Fears" town hall program set for Thursday night on the cable channel.

The town hall, hosted by "AC 360" anchor Anderson Cooper and CNN chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta, will also include former acting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Richard Besser and former Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. Both officials served in the Obama administration.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/497555-cnn-to-feature-teen-climate-activist-greta-thunberg-in-coronavirus-town-hall

3EA9F7F3-B020-4951-8396-7E71D64286DB.jpeg

Edited by Jaydee
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Jaydee said:

OMG !!  You just can’t make this **bleep** up. BOW DOWN.....First she’s a world renowned Climate Expert....now apparently a Scientist and an expert on the Corona Virus. Has she even graduated high school yet? CNN’s rating must really be plunging to stoop this low.

CNN to feature teen climate activist Greta Thunberg in coronavirus town hall

CNN announced Wednesday it will feature teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg in its next "Coronavirus: Facts and Fears" town hall program set for Thursday night on the cable channel.

The town hall, hosted by "AC 360" anchor Anderson Cooper and CNN chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta, will also include former acting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Richard Besser and former Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. Both officials served in the Obama administration.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/497555-cnn-to-feature-teen-climate-activist-greta-thunberg-in-coronavirus-town-hall

3EA9F7F3-B020-4951-8396-7E71D64286DB.jpeg

I wonder what they expect she will add to the subject?  I see from the story that she believes she had a mild case of the virus....  Give me a break!

Unfortunately, there is no "asking" the government Heritage Minister to back down on what are now party objectives and party narrative. There is no negotiation to be had here....they must be voted out. In that context, the real danger comes from those voters who see all politicians as bad and simply vote for the one most likely to line their pockets (the individual voter) and provide the most freebees. It's hard enough to sway the zealots, but these folks are (IMO) far too easy to manipulate with promises of getting their own money back.... even worse is their addiction to someone else's money. When challenged with questions, I don't believe that they even believe their own answers and most of them won't even admit to having the disease. 

I don't know about others, but on any subject that I have some experience with, I see the "misinformation source" as being the government itself. And it's not by accident either. If you simply look at the gun control issue as an example, the misinformation and deliberate manipulation should serve as proof and stand as a warning to all.

Edited by Wolfhunter
On 5/4/2020 at 6:16 PM, Jaydee said:

I source EVERY article I post. Memes don’t have sources

Of course they have sources. You just don't always know what they are, but someone created them.

1 hour ago, Mitch Cronin said:

Of course they have sources. You just don't always know what they are, but someone created them.

Well Duhhhhhhh. Ingenious insight there!!