Sign in to follow this  
deicer

Why You Need Trusted News Sources

“ The report, called "Canada's Communications Future: Time To Act," was compiled by a panel of independent broadcast experts and included a recommendation that the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) or another regulatory body control licensing of all companies creating "audio, audiovisual, and alphanumeric news content."

What's to be confused about? Yesterday in the House, the PM stated that "trustworthy" news agencies will not require licencing.

Who exactly defines trustworthy?”

Another Liberal disaster....Having to back track already.

“ Amid fears of broadcasting report, Trudeau says Ottawa will not regulate news content “

14687417-6624-4E6E-8168-3222FAB17336.jpeg

Edited by Jaydee

Clearly somebody here is a bold faced, craven, outright liar. It would be nice if the media would occasionally pick one event like this, do a bit of research and prove who it is. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/lecce-hammond-teachers-strikes-metro-morning-1.5450939

It's clear cut..... either they discussed wages or they did not. I'd like to know, there is no spin or no interpretation to fall back on here; someone is a liar.

Does anyone actually believe that during three (3) that's THREE full days of negotiations that compensation was not discussed? I don't but I'm wondering if the minister is counting on my  cynicism to take his side in this. You now can't believe the simplest of things or take anything as factual reporting. Actually, I lost faith when the bogus Liberal gun control stats came out. CBC is still repeating those lies. 

I would be prepared to look at it this way, the liar loses!. Either teachers get exactly what they asked for and the Minister resigns, or they get the last offer from government. Good thing I'm not Premier eh?.... that's exactly what would happen. They would either go away happy or be legislated back by weeks end. I would vote for any Premiere who did exactly that....

"I'm here to tell you, without hesitation, that we did not talk about compensation at that table over that three-day period," said Sam Hammond, president of the Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario (ETFO). 

Education Minister Stephen Lecce took exemption to Hammond's assertion that compensation for teachers didn't come up during last week's negotiations."That is patently false. Of course it did. Benefits and pay certainly came up over that process. There is a real contrast of priorities. They want us to make significant benefit enhancements and increase compensation, which we cannot accept," Lecce said.

Edited by Wolfhunter

Out of all the interviews that the teachers unions have been making, and of all the advertising slamming the government for their take it or leave it position on class sizes, e learning, and compensation....there has not been 1 word on what the teachers are offering or whether they are willing to make concessions...maybe I wouldn’t be a good negotiator but I don’t trust the teachers so far.

• Like 2

I told my 10 year old grand-daughter to keep a copy of the Eatons catalog handy.  She had no idea what I was talking about. 

22 minutes ago, Fido said:

She had no idea what I was talking about. 

Before that was squares of burlap feed bags and a pan of warm water. Climate change warriors are such fun eh? What was once everyday stuff and never garnered a second thought is now off the charts.

Clearly this is all Trump's fault..... 

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

Before that was squares of burlap feed bags and a pan of warm water. Climate change warriors are such fun eh? What was once everyday stuff and never garnered a second thought is now off the charts.

Clearly this is all Trump's fault..... 

Can not resist and after that or perhaps before came the bidet and cloths for drying. So a lot of Europeans will not be inconvenienced by any shortage of tp

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Can not resist and after that or perhaps before came the bidet and cloths for drying. So a lot of Europeans will not be inconvenienced by any shortage of tp

Alive and well in Canada too.

The input line connects from the toilet feed (T connect from the shutoff valve) and mounts below the toilet seat proper. Some come with integral heated tanks.  

Easy connect, flow control and pressure adjustment...  pretty clever actually and they work quite well for those so inclined.

Burlap squares and warm water is the domain of poo folk, pioneers, survivalists and infantrymen. 

The notion of TP as a commodity worth fighting over is a recent construct. It will soon be deemed racist since most of it is white.... stay tuned, outrage to follow on CNN and MSNBC I bet.

BTW, where have you been?  I missed you and hope all has been well with you and yours..... Best wishes.

Edited by Wolfhunter

Be aware as this is not being mentioned anywhere.

Toilet paper manufacturing was stopped due to the rail blockades preventing wood pulp from being delivered for processing into toilet paper.

that production has since restarted but there is an actual shortage that no one seems to be mentioning.

Plenty of toilet paper to go around, Canada’s biggest producer says SEAN SILCOFF THE GLOBE AND MAIL March 12 at 7:14 PM ET It has been one of the enduring images of the COVID-19 pandemic: empty toilet paper shelves in stores around the world as fearful citizens stockpile staples for long home stays. But the head of Canada’s largest producer of toilet tissue says that despite a jump in demand, there’s no shortage of product in Canada. “We’ve got all the raw material, we’ve got all the assets running, we have all the production, our sites are at full capacity to recover from this spike," said Dino Bianco, chief executive officer of Mississauga-based Kruger Products LP, maker of Cashmere and Purex brand toilet paper, which has a 33-per-cent market share. (Kruger also makes Scotties facial tissues, the market leader in its category, and Sponge Towels paper towels.) “You’re going to see it catch up in days and weeks." He added: "We’re essentially selling it at exactly the same price to all our customers. Ethically, we do not want to take advantage of a situation that is of great consumer and community need.” J.D. Irving Ltd. of Saint John, the No. 2 player in Canada and maker of the Majesta and Royale brands, said its tissue operations are running at full capacity. It did not provide any information on production, as it is a private company.

reported on CP24 Toronto, people are actually buying the stuff and reselling it on kijji, cashing in on the insanity...a Costco reported an individual buying up 3 skids on hand wipes.

On 3/13/2020 at 8:56 AM, boestar said:

Toilet paper manufacturing was stopped due to the rail blockades preventing wood pulp from being delivered for processing into toilet paper.

Actually, I took that as a given in Canada, other commodities were affected as well (propane comes to mind). The situation was made worse by hoarding; as a result, it serves as a funny anecdote that speaks to a larger problem IMO.... hopefully people get that. Even so, toilet paper madness is a thing in Australia and the USA as well.

There are important takeaways from all of this and hopefully those vulnerabilities will be addressed in the future. As an example, only a situation like this could draw attention to the possible weaponization of the US drug supply from China. Suggesting that this issue stands as a vulnerability worthy of consideration would previously have drawn ridicule from most people as would the notion that large numbers of first responders could (possibly) be affected and rendered unavailable in time of need. As it stands now, police, ambulance, fire service and hospitals are running at 100% capacity simply as a matter of SOP.... there is no fat and there is no 1% to pick up the slack when it's needed (at short notice). 

It's possible that people now see some of these cause and effect issues in a different light..... that's a good thing.   

Edited by Wolfhunter

I have always stood by the notion that WW3 would be a bloodless war.  No bombs, no guns, just an economic war.  It really seems like the americans are losing, and by default others including us.

22 hours ago, Malcolm said:

From my time in Jeddah there was a sign in the bathroom telling us NOT to throw TP in the toilet.

It took me weeks to understand.

9 hours ago, boestar said:

the rail blockades preventing wood pulp from being delivered

I doubt much wood pulp was being carried between Toronto and Montreal.

6 hours ago, Fido said:

I doubt much wood pulp was being carried between Toronto and Montreal.

FROM THE EAST COAST TO TORONTO

• Thanks 1

Satire...I think...

“ CBC has given a special award to the clock hanging in one of its studios, naming it the networks most accurate reporter. The clock, which has been stuck showing the time to be 1:12 for the past three years, was found to surpass every other CBC reporter in how often it got the news exactly right.
“The wall clock is an inspiration to us all,” said CBC president Catherine Tait. “Now, it doesn’t always get things right---but nobody is perfect. Still, twice a day, that clock absolutely nails the facts. That’s way better than anyone else we have.”
Not everyone was happy that the clock received this recognition. Some reporters, who wish to remain anonymous, say the clock sets an unrealistic standard for news accuracy. Also, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau denounced the clock in a presser, calling it “biased against him” and blaming its faulty reporting for making him late to a coronavirus update last week.”

• Haha 1

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-ratings-flat-first-quarter

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-media-change-tune-trump-attacks-coronavirus-china-travel-ban

By virtue of recent experience, people have begun to ask "does this make sense?" Good to see and overdue IMO....

When a government say's that border controls don't work and then closes the borders 3 days later, people ask... does this make sense?

When a government suggests that drug fuelled gang murders are related to olympic and IPSC shooting events people ask... does this make sense?

Yes, I could go on at significant length but I know you get the general idea. 

Political correctness has has utterly, totally and completely failed on first contact; CNN, MSNB and, CBC are on full display for open minded citizens to asses on the merits of their performance. Good judgement is a product of experience... and nothing says experience like experiencing experience... 

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 2

News outlets are just a vehicle for people with money and power to put forth an agenda. Don't expect anything else.