Sign in to follow this  
deicer

Why You Need Trusted News Sources

it is at that point one of two things happens.  Collapse of the empire or revolution.

CNN’s Toobin: BuzzFeed ‘Bombshell’ ‘Reinforces’ View ‘Media Are a Bunch of Leftist Liars’ ‘Willing to Lie’ to ‘Get’ Trump

After Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s office disputed a Friday “bombshell” BuzzFeed report, based on anonymous sources, that claimed President Donald Trump ordered his then-personal lawyer Michael Cohen to lie about a proposed Trump Tower project in Russia, CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin said BuzzFeed’s disputed story “reinforces” the belief that many Americans have that the media “are a bunch of leftists liars” who are willing to lie to “get” Trump.

“This is a bad day for the news media. Let’s not kid ourselves,” Toobin said on CNN. “The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and they’re willing to lie to do it.”

Toobin said he did not “think that’s true,” but again added that “this is a bad day for us” because “it reinforces every bad stereotype about the media.”

BuzzFeed stood by its disputed report, based on anonymous sources, even after a spokesman for Mueller’s office said the outlet’s story was “not accurate.”

“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate,” special counsel spokesperson Peter Carr said in a Friday statement.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2019/01/18/cnns-toobin-buzzfeed-bombshell-reinforces-view-media-are-a-bunch-of-leftist-liars-willing-to-lie-to-get-trump/

Estimates of the March for life in Washington were between 200 to 400 thousand pro life people marched in Washington..

Yet what does CNN report ??   ...” Crowds converge on Washington for annual anti-abortion event “

yep...crowds...omfg

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics/march-for-life/index.html

Time lapse video of March >>>>     https://www.facebook.com/79125112926/posts/10155949897082927/

Edited by Jaydee

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:13 AM, Jaydee said:

Estimates of the March for life in Washington were between 200 to 400 thousand pro life people marched in Washington..

Yet what does CNN report ??   ...” Crowds converge on Washington for annual anti-abortion event “

yep...crowds...omfg

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics/march-for-life/index.html

Time lapse video of March >>>>     https://www.facebook.com/79125112926/posts/10155949897082927/

Doesn't 200,000 to 400,000 qualify to be described as crowds?  😀

29 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Doesn't 200,000 to 400,000 qualify to be described as crowds?  😀

Still looks like a bigger crowd than the last inauguration 😁

When did pro-life become anti-abortion? It must have occurred at the same time that illegal immigrants became irregular boarder crossers eh?

How did they sneak that in and in what universe did they think that it would change anything. It worries me a bit that they think the label helps their cause. Now, try this.... call the "pro-choice" folks "pro-abortion" and listen to them howl, shriek, and lament about how much words matter.

Edited by Wolfhunter

4 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

call the "pro-choice" folks "pro-abortion" and listen to them howl, shriek, and lament about how much words matter.

Haha!  I do that!  Not that it comes up too often but when it does I call the two sides; pro-life and pro-abortion.  Then, if I get blow back I say, OK, I'll call the two sides anti-abortion and anti-life - drives 'em crazy.

The argument my 21 yr old Granddaughter gave me was “ Just because I am Pro Choice does not mean I am in favour of abortion. . I just want the right to make choices concerning my body and not some government. “

I suggested her generation was simply using abortion as a method of birth control......that personally I was only in favour of Abortion under certain circumstances..rape, mothers health etc......and that......OOoppppssssss was not a reason to kill another human being.

The conversation didn’t go much further.

It would be interesting to see if attitudes changed if governments funded ADOPTIONS instead of abortions.

Edited by Jaydee

10 hours ago, Jaydee said:

It would be interesting to see if attitudes changed if governments funded ADOPTIONS instead of abortions.

Indeed.

While abortion is likely a separate thread, it's noteworthy that we abort the entire city of YQT on a yearly basis whilst clamouring to import people who don't like us in order to maintain growth all the while refusing to acknowledge the physical reality that sustained growth is manifestly unsustainable. You really do have to go back to Roman history to find parallel thinking.

Maybe CNN (or some such) should run a series on the parallels between current western civilization and the Roman Empire just before it fell. The similarities on virtually all fronts are striking and the tactical use of language to encourage "proper thinking" is still employed as a tool with purpose. The concept being to repeat a falsehood until it is deemed to be true.

Since the anti gun lobby uses the same technique and refuses to refrain from using the term "assault rifle" and applying it to rifles "dressed up to look like assault rifles" (but actually aren't), I have installed a Mercedes hood ornament on my old 3/4 ton and raised the asking price accordingly. The old plow is included and now has racing stripes on it.... it's a Ferrari plow now. Unfortunately, as a result I have had to raise the price on it too.

Edited by Wolfhunter

1 hour ago, Wolfhunter said:

Indeed.

While abortion is likely a separate thread, it's noteworthy that we abort the entire city of YQT on a yearly basis whilst clamouring to import people who don't like us in order to maintain growth all the while refusing to acknowledge the physical reality that sustained growth is manifestly unsustainable. You really do have to go back to Roman history to find parallel thinking.

Maybe CNN (or some such) should run a series on the parallels between current western civilization and the Roman Empire just before it fell. The similarities on virtually all fronts are striking and the tactical use of language to encourage "proper thinking" is still employed as a tool with purpose. The concept being to repeat a falsehood until it is deemed to be true.

Since the anti gun lobby uses the same technique and refuses to refrain from using the term "assault rifle" and applying it to rifles "dressed up to look like assault rifles" (but actually aren't), I have installed a Mercedes hood ornament on my old 3/4 ton and raised the asking price accordingly. The old plow is included and now has racing stripes on it.... it's a Ferrari plow now. Unfortunately, as a result I have had to raise the price on it too.

6DFD65E0-1F7A-4350-8514-C0CD4067191F.jpeg

Yup, fake news. I guess he really wants to look like Vlad....

President Trump Posts Altered Photos to Facebook and Instagram That Make Him Look Thinner

A demonstration of the digital changes that have been made to President Trump’s appearance on Instagram and Facebook GIF: Gizmodo

President Donald Trump’s social media accounts are filled with vile racism, idiotic xenophobia, and inaccurate statistics. And now we can add another category to the list: fake photos.

In recent months, Trump’s official Facebook and Instagram accounts have published photos of the president that have been manipulated to make him look thinner. If it only happened once you might be able to chalk it up as an accident. But Gizmodo has discovered at least three different retouched photos on President Trump’s social media pages that have been published since October of 2018.

The image below, published on the official Donald J. Trump Facebook page on January 17 and on his Instagram account over the weekend, has been altered to make the president look more fit.

pxmtfxkjgvgiz2sad3yg.jpg
The altered image of President Trump, seemingly manufactured to make him look thinner Graphic: Facebook

The photo looks pretty normal at first glance. But once you compare it to the original, which is available on the White House’s Flickr page, you can see what was changed.

The original photo was taken by a White House photographer on January 14, so you know that the original hasn’t been altered by anyone in the so-called “fake news media” to make Trump look heavier. It sounds silly to even have to say that, but many Trump supporters believe that the media is involved in a coordinated conspiracy against him. Allegations about this conspiracy often have anti-semitic overtones.

k2fxizm4jpy9bzctcsrw.jpg
The image released by President Trump’s Instagram and Facebook accounts (left) compared with the original photo (right) Screenshot: Facebook/Flickr

As you can see in the comparison above, Trump’s right shoulder has been slimmed down and his face is looking thinner. He’s also gotten a haircut—well, a digital one anyway—and in one of the strangest alterations, Trump’s fingers have been made slightly longer. Seriously.

Donald Trump, an unindicted co-conspirator whose own lawyer admits that the president was trying to secure a real estate deal in Russia as late as November of 2016, has been somewhat sensitive about the size of his hands ever since journalist Graydon Carter described Trump as a “short-fingered vulgarian.” Carter was writing for the now-defunct Spy magazine in the 1980s when he made the observation and the insult has reportedly bothered Trump for decades. Carter claims that the president has even sent photos of his hands to Carter with the fingers circled in gold Sharpie.

“To this day, I receive the occasional envelope from Trump,” Carter wrote in 2015, before Trump won the presidency. “There is always a photo of him—generally a tear sheet from a magazine. On all of them he has circled his hand in gold Sharpie in a valiant effort to highlight the length of his fingers. I almost feel sorry for the poor fellow because, to me, the fingers still look abnormally stubby.”

Just keep your eye on the finger to see how it “grows” for Trump’s social media pages:

A demonstration of the digital changes that have been made to President Trump’s appearance on Instagram and Facebook GIF: Gizmodo

The photo was presumably altered with something like Facetune or Photoshop, but we can only speculate about the exact tool that was used. President Trump’s 2020 re-election campaign manager Brad Parscale did not respond to Gizmodo’s multiple requests for comment over the weekend. Parscale has gotten credit for helping Trump seize power in the U.S. through his successful use of Facebook ads, but he’s never talked about digitally altering the way that the president looks.

Facetune is wildly popular with Instagram celebrities and is used to make enhancements to photos. The app can smooth out skin, make someone thinner, or even make people appear more muscular. The app was first released in 2013 but its popularity really skyrocketed with the release of Facetune 2 in November of 2016. Facetune has consistently topped the charts ever since.

But it’s not just that one photo that was altered and posted to social media. There’s also this graphic, published on Trump’s official Facebook page on October 3, 2018 when the stock market was doing really well. If you think Trump’s face looks a little weird, you’re not alone.

brg83dnmybyd9iz4fj1j.jpg
Graphic: Facebook

The original photo is from then-candidate Trump’s trip to Scotland in June of 2016 and was taken by Jeff J. Mitchell. You can see the unedited picture on Getty Images.

Trump is wearing a white “Make America Great Again,” and can be seen pointing at something in the distance. One thing is clear from looking at President Trump’s social media accounts: he really loves pointing.

qixzggkgsifgv36sqfai.jpg
Photo: Getty Images

As you can see, the original photo has been edited for Facebook in a number of ways. President Trump’s jacket has been digitally cut down to be smaller underneath his right arm and the shoulder pad in his suit has been smoothed out.

And yet again, the altered photo appears to make Trump’s finger slightly longer. The GIF we’ve made below can help show what’s been changed, including yet another minor digital trim that removes a few stray hairs.

GIF: Gizmodo

Not all of the changes that have been made to Trump’s photos are obvious. Some of the alterations that I stumbled upon while looking through Trump’s Facebook and Instagram photos actually surprised me, mostly because they were so minor.

For example, I noticed that some elements in the background of one photo from Trump’s Instagram had been removed, so I loaded it up on my computer to make a GIF as an example of an innocuous edit. But it was only after I had placed the photos on top of each other that I realized this one was also edited to make President Trump look thinner.

Have a look for yourself. This photo, published on Trump’s official Facebook page on January 18, looks normal enough. But when I saw that the presidential seal is missing from the back of the Air Force One plane door I searched for the original on the White House’s Flickr page (seen below on the left). I then pulled them up side by side and it’s clear that it wasn’t just the plane door that was altered.

tzy11ymp9a8hjyum7kjx.jpg
Graphic: Flickr/Facebook

Again, it can be hard to see anything different between the two photos. But once you flip between the two it’s clear that the president’s stomach has been made slightly smaller. And the skin around his neck and the lower part of his face has been tightened up a little bit.

It’s easier to see the transformation in GIF form, especially around the president’s stomach. Keep an eye on the president’s tie:

GIF: Gizmodo

It’s a subtle change, but that’s the point of using an app like Facetune. The goal is to make sure that no one notices. Everyone knows what President Trump looks like, so drastic alterations are going to be obvious immediately.

People tend to poke fun when Facetune is used too drastically, as they did when the president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., and his girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle, posted a photo that had clearly been Facetuned to remove any wrinkles from their faces. It’s... not subtle.

20 minutes ago, deicer said:

Yup, fake news. I guess he really wants to look like Vlad....

Another popular pastime during the days of pre-fall Rome was the obsessive vilification and ridicule of political rivals leading to further (and rampant) polarization. This pastime also included the removal of statues bearing the likeness of past leaders who failed to measure up to “modern” standards.

History repeats itself over and over. Since it’s an airline forum I would note that just before an airline fails, they invest heavily in new uniforms and then one or more (or all) individual labour groups go on strike and stay there until they find themselves in a cold parking lot, talking to each other over a 45 gallon burn barrel with donated scrap wood from a sympathetic lumber yard. I have two such barrels and years worth of survival and field expediency training with which to enjoy the coming show.... let er rip, danger close.

• Like 1

When you say that, you must also mean how the republicans vilified Obama as well?  Their tactics make the radical lefty of today look amateurish.

Your definition of radical right seems off to me. I submit that the PPC is now the new PC party, that the PC party is now the new Liberal party, that the Liberal party is now the new NDP party and the NDP is so far left as to have removed themselves from the equation.

Frankly, it wasn't me that changed, it was the landscape and since typography plays a major role in the selection of tactics, I adapt accordingly. Weather and opposing forces are also (metaphorically) prime considerations. So, all roads lead back to the garden of good ideas. Hopefully the planting season will arrive in a timely manner. Until then the herb garden stays the course with artificial sunlight and awaits the warmth of spring. As do I. Cheers  

Edited by Wolfhunter

7 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

Not CNN but maybe better;

Edited by seeker
  • Thanks 2

Both great videos.... thank you.

They should be required viewing for all, as should compulsory military service. It deeply ingrains a healthy and profound respect for the law of unintended consequences and the sure and certain knowledge that you are not immune, that bad things can happen if you slumber on watch and that things are not always as they appear to be. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/covington-stand-off-1.4987065

Edited by Wolfhunter

Interesting, If publishing real news you would expect their staff would be on the increase.

January 26, 2019 6:41 pm

Trump blames media layoffs on ‘fake news and bad journalism’

By Kerri Breen Digital Content Coordinator  Global News
News: Trump: 'Buzzfeed piece was a disgrace to our country, to journalism'x

WATCH: "Buzzfeed piece was a disgrace to our country, to journalism," Trump says

Donald Trump is blaming economic woes in the media industry on “fake news and bad journalism.”

In a Twitter post referencing recent staffing cuts at BuzzFeed and the Huffington Post, the U.S. president said they have “caused a big downturn.”

“Sadly, many others will follow,” he said. “The people want the Truth.”

READ MORE: Trump says it’s a ‘sad day for journalism’ after Mueller’s office disputes BuzzFeed report 

BuzzFeed announced Friday it was firing about 200 people, 15 per cent of its staff. Earlier in the week, it was revealed that Verizon’s media division, which includes Huffpost and Yahoo, would be reduced by 800 positions.

Buzzfeed was criticized by the president last week as well after the office of Special Counsel Robert Mueller said a story on Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen and the Russia investigation was not accurate.

The report, which Buzzfeed said it was standing by, alleged that Trump had asked Cohen to lie about a proposed Trump Tower project in Russia.

Nicholas Sandmann's Family Makes Major Move Against Media After Being Smeared

The family of 16-year-old Covington Catholic student Nicholas Sandmann has hired a high-powered lawyer who specializes in going after media organizations for libel and slander.

The family has hired L. Lin Wood, whom disgraced former journalist Dan Rather described as the "attorney for the damned," and who is known for "aggressive libel and slander suits against media organizations."

The family made the announcement in a statement released by the Hemmer DeFrank Wessels law firm, The Enquirer reported.

"...Todd McMurtry, the family’s legal counsel, conducted an extensive search to find a nationally-recognized attorney skilled in the fields of libel, defamation, and the First Amendment," the release said.

Wood has a history of representing high profile clients in major cases including the family of JonBenet Ramsey and others.

"Mr. Wood brings an unrivaled record of success in the courtroom, having represented such clients as the family of JonBenet Ramsey, former Rep. Gary Condit and Richard Jewell in lawsuits against the media," McMurtry wrote. "Mr. Wood visited with the family today in northern Kentucky. He is committed to bringing justice to 16-year-old Nick Sandmann and his family. Further announcements should be expected in the next few days."

Sandmann was thrust into national spotlight over the weekend after far-left activists and left-wing journalists spread a selectively edited video clip of an interaction between him and Native American Nathan Phillips. The Daily Wirereported:

The three-minute video was posted online by a group of Native American protesters who claimed they were harassed and intimidated by a group of Covington Catholic High School students waiting for their bus near the Lincoln Memorial. The video is heavily clipped at the beginning and end, and shows only an apparent "confrontation" between a protester named Nathan Phillips and a Make America Great Again-hat wearing teen. ...

Saturday night, a two-hour long, full video of the confrontation became widely available on social media, and that video shows a very different interaction than the one initially portrayed. The video, taken from the point of view of a second group of protesters who witnessed the interaction, shows that Phillips approached the teens — not the other way around, as Phillips claims — and that the teens were relatively peaceful during the incident, laughing and clapping along with Phillips' drumming, and occasionally asking questions like, "what is going on here?"

The Covington Catholic students were verbally attacked by a designated hate group that called them "Child molesting f**gots," "Dirty a*s crackers," "Future school shooters," and "Incest babies."

Full transcript of Ingraham's interview with Sanders provided via Fox News:

INGRAHAM: Covington Catholic School has reopened but the violent threats against the students have not stopped. In fact, the Covington Diocese received a suspicious package just tonight. We share tweet after tweet with you from celebrities, liberal commentators calling for attacks and even the death of these teenagers. Tonight some hope that this hate speech will not go unpunished.

Joining me now exclusively for his first national television interview, is Rob Sanders. He's a prosecutor for Kenton County, Kentucky where Covington Catholic High is located. Rob, it's good to see you. What kind of charges could realistically be filed and against whom?

ROB SANDERS, KENTON COUNTY, KENTUCKY PROSECUTOR: Well, we have a number of different charges in Kentucky that might apply. The one that jumps out the fastest is terroristic threatening. Now there's three different degrees of terroristic threatening in Kentucky, two of them are felonies.

The most common one, I think that might apply in this situation is terroristic threatening second-degree, that's any time that someone threatens death or violence against a educational institution in Kentucky or any student in the educational institution in connection with the school function.

Now that is a Class D felony. It's one to five years in the state penitentiary. That could rise to five to ten years in a Class C felony if the person threatens that violence or death in connection to an educational institution in it the use of a device of mass destruction or weapon of mass destruction.

INGRAHAM: Yes. Well, you have - this is happening on Twitter though.

SANDERS: --that would double up the--

INGRAHAM: Mr. Sanders, this is happening on Twitter from different states.

SANDERS: Yes, ma'am.

INGRAHAM: --different locations, does that hinder the prosecution? I mean you don't really need an - I mean, you have to interview these people, they're in different states. You're going to have to get to them somehow.

SANDERS: Well, it makes it much more difficult. It makes it much more difficult, much more complicated, #1. There's a number of misdemeanors that could apply in a lot of these cases, but we can't reach across state lines and extradite for misdemeanors--

INGRAHAM: Right.

SANDERS: --which means, we would have to wait for the person to come back to Kentucky or make a stop in Kentucky before we could ever arrest them. But when it comes to the offenses that rise to the felony level, we can extradite.

Now it's not as easy as staying a Twitter handle. We can't reach out and just arrest someone who - half the time they're using a fake name, fake profile picture that sort of thing. We have to go through a process of issuing subpoenas, search warrants, getting--

INGRAHAM: Are you going to do this?

SANDERS: --information that goes with - it's already underway. I've had detectives in and out of my office all day today. We were starting with some comments, some threats that were made in state, because those are people that we don't even have to extradite. And we are moving on then to the ones that are out of state.

We've had the detective that works in my office has already been busy issuing Grand Jury Subpoenas and composing search warrants for detectives at other agencies.

INGRAHAM: Good.

SANDERS: --sending out, so we can get the information associated with the ownership of these accounts.

INGRAHAM: All right.

SANDERS: We get the IP addresses that are registered--

INGRAHAM: You got to get these people.

SANDERS: Then we find out.

INGRAHAM: I mean, it's only - you are only one office--

SANDERS: That's right, we find out who uses the internet, those IP addresses.

INGRAHAM: Yes, we get the IP addresses. We're going to follow-up with you later in the week to find out where you are on this. But--

SANDERS: Yes, ma'am.

INGRAHAM: --this has to happen. Because, until people--

SANDERS: Well, it's going to happen. Everybody's got to realize that these- -

INGRAHAM: --have to got jail. They have to go to jail. That's got to hurt. Otherwise someone is getting hurt and I fear - we're about to talk to Steve Scalise who felt it in a different way. Someone is going to get hurt or someone is going to get killed. Prosecutor, I really appreciate you joining us.

SANDERS: Yes, there is no doubt.

INGRAHAM: And we'll have you back. I know it's a longer segment. We've got a lot of people to talk to, so we appreciate it.