(CBC) AC FAs Sexually Harassed by Management

Kip Powick

As to the first portion of the complaint as reported.....the "dress code" issue and the " fashion show"....I don't believe CUPE is representing the membership. That is driven by ideologues within the union and distracts from the issues that are of significance to the majority.

Let me give one small example of institutional idiocy. Imagine you require an orthotic device. It costs $500 in Canada but only $200 in the US. Coverage is limited to $400 Cdn. You're no fool....you buy it in the US saving yourself AND THE COMPANY money. Except...when you submit your claim, it is denied. Coverage is limited to goods and services acquired in Canada. Work on changing that CUPE...a win-win for everyone.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be interested in what FA@AC thinks, from what I see this is all about the Onboard Service Managers (OBSM's.)  For those outside the company, there have been a number of Service Directors demoted.  In talking with the FA's, most of these were  overdue. The Airline is making a solid attempt at improving the onboard product.  

Looking like a street bum with a mustard stain on your shirt is not your Human Right. Neither is rushing through a terrible service,  heaven knows you need to hit that crew bunk - we need to be well rested on arrival in Beijing.

A girl's got shopping to do.

2 hours ago, Johnny said:

Looking like a street bum with a mustard stain on your shirt is not your Human Right. Neither is rushing through a terrible service,  heaven knows you need to hit that crew bunk - we need to be well rested on arrival in Beijing.

A girl's got shopping to do.

The vast majority, and by that I mean just about every crew member I work with, doesn't deserve that comment.

Vs

I would agree about the "majority" Vsplat, however there is always a percentage that make everyone look bad.  As far as Uniform deportment, the same can be said about the Pilots.  

We do however have a segment within In-Flight that treat the job as an inconvenience to go on a paid Shopping Vacation.  Maybe we are working with different demographics....so to speak?

Archived