Sign in to follow this  
Jaydee

Conservatives....The FUTURE of Ontario !

Ford and his gang take 14% (Which I did not approve.  Did you?)  but everyone else has to suffer.

34 minutes ago, boestar said:

Ford and his gang take 14% (Which I did not approve.  Did you?)  but everyone else has to suffer.

That’s probably less than Wynne spent on her girlfriend at tax payers expense and Ontario Liberals didn’t say bleep in protest.. IOW..the amount is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things compared to...

3DD65F3E-B9BE-4118-8D07-C529B24FFCB3.jpeg

Edited by Jaydee
  • Thanks 1

oh look Apples.  Lets distract from the conversation by introducing oranges.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, boestar said:

oh look Apples.  Lets distract from the conversation by introducing oranges.

Right out of the conservative playbook!  At least he didn't mention Biden 🤣

28 minutes ago, deicer said:

Trump North strikes again!

These are a couple of strait forward instances, either of truth or of lies. There is no middle ground as nothing is open for interpretation, it's dead simple.... someones a liar. I'd like to know who.

I put this link on another thread.... more of the same. As i said there, I would look into this, find the liar, expose the liar and hand the win (the full win) accordingly. In the absence of proof, partisans are no better than monkeys throwing handfuls of excrement from low hanging branches.

This is one of the few clear cut occasions where the liar can be outed. I'd love to see that happen.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/lecce-hammond-teachers-strikes-metro-morning-1.5450939

Edited by Wolfhunter

Where else in Ontario is there to invest in?  Nobody wants to go to those places otherwise they would have already attracted investment money.

Nobody wants to go to those places otherwise they would have already attracted investmentmoney.

Gee...I wonder why it’s so hard to attract investment money in Ontario??

Hint.... 15 years of liberal government

• Haha 1

The job numbers seem to contradict your position.  And maybe the higher minimum wage is allowing people to spend more, thereby feeding more jobs?  Dougie definitely had nothing to do with that.

I think Dougie has a lot to do with it:

Unemployment rate climbs to 7.1% as Ontario hit hard......

Ontario, which lost 34,000 jobs last month, was a sore spot in the report, adding to the pressure on the recently re-elected government of Liberal Premier Kathleen Wynne.

Manufacturing in Ontario, which lost another 13,600 jobs, is now at its lowest point on records dating back to 1976, Mr. Porter noted.

Ontario Economic Development Minister Brad Duguid promised to do more for the manufacturing sector in the wake of June's grim job numbers.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/jobs/unemployment-climbs-to-71-as-jobs-market-limps/article19562032/

And don’t try to turn this around by saying it’s the pay off of 15 years of Liberal policy.

One monthly drop doesn't indicate a trend.  Just like the end of last year when Canada had a temporary blip.

If you want to compare apples to apples, in August 2018 Ford far outdid Wynne...

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/09/07/in-sobering-news-for-the-ford-government-ontario-lost-80000-jobs-in-august.html

In sobering news for rookie Premier Doug Ford, Ontario lost more than 80,000 jobs last month — the equivalent of the population of Peterborough.

That’s the province’s greatest loss of jobs in a Statistics Canada monthly employment survey since the 2009 global recession, though it seems largely due to seasonal fluctuation.

While Ontario’s unemployment rate rose to 5.7 per cent in August — up 0.3 percentage points from July

Still, last month’s decline of 80,100 jobs is the sharpest drop since January 2009 when 95,700 jobs vanished during the biggest international financial crisis since the Great Depression.

FWIW....in your example of job losses, Ford have been in office for 1 month. In the example of the Liberal record, they had been in power for 11 years.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, st27 said:

FWIW....in your example of job losses, Ford have been in office for 1 month. In the example of the Liberal record, they had been in power for 11 years.

It seems to me that owning it and causing it are two separate things. Those who cause it never own it and those who own it and try to fix it are accused of causing it. 

The worst part of this is those doing the spin are doing it deliberately all the while  screaming the loudest about media manipulation..... which they define as anything that doesn't fit their narrative. 

Edited by Wolfhunter

19 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

It seems to me that owning it and causing it are two separate things. Those who cause it never own it and those who own it and try to fix it are accused of causing it. 

The worst part of this is those doing the spin are doing it deliberately all the while  screaming the loudest about media manipulation..... which they define as anything that doesn't fit their narrative. 

2FB4E0AC-0A2E-4F07-9198-B4863C615FD9.gif

11 hours ago, st27 said:

The point you missed is that the economy will do what the economy wants to do.  

Do you really think that governments have control over it? 

Just ask Alberta how well they did giving Encana a big tax cut.

The point you missed is that the economy will do what the economy wants to do.  

Do you really think that governments have control over it? 

Of course governments can affect how the economy performs......and investors and companies “vote” with their feet. 
Why is the United States economy booming and Venezuela in the tank?

1 hour ago, st27 said:

Of course governments can affect how the economy performs......and investors and companies “vote” with their feet. 
Why is the United States economy booming and Venezuela in the tank?

Following your example, why is Ontario booming after having a majority of liberal governments, yet Alberta is tanking from 40 years of conservative rule?

I know where I would want to invest and live.

• Like 1

Economy changes that happen in the first year of a newly elected government can rarely be attributed to the new government.  Any impact of a change to policy would take time to have a discernible effect on the economy.  Generally speaking anything like job stats and such in dougies first year were likely due to Liberal policy.

On 1/29/2020 at 8:58 AM, boestar said:

THEY ARE NOT ASKING FOR MONEY.......Get that through your head.  a 2% increase is peanuts and barely over the inflation rate.

Don't listen to the Conservative Home Schooled moron.

This has been bothering me so I want to reply - my neighbour home schools and her 16 year old daughter entered Western this year

with a 90+ % Also, her mom isn't marching up and down my street demanding more.

BTW- where are all the strikes this coming Friday? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Falken said:

This has been bothering me so I want to reply - my neighbour home schools and her 16 year old daughter entered Western this year

with a 90+ % Also, her mom isn't marching up and down my street demanding more.

BTW- where are all the strikes this coming Friday? 

Totally has nothing to do with anything.

Home schooling is a 1 to 1 ratio.  There are no special needs kids and no distractions.  Have he enter tain 30 kids in her kids "class"  5 with ADHD and one Autistic and another with an inability to control anger emotions.  Then see how she feels.  Home schoolers don't live it so theri opinion is MOOT.

Just now, boestar said:

Home schooling is a 1 to 1 ratio.  There are no special needs kids and no distractions.  Have he enter tain 30 kids in her kids "class"  5 with ADHD and one Autistic and another with an inability to control anger emotions.  Then see how she feels.  Home schoolers don't live it so theri opinion is MOOT.

Perhaps time to zone children based on their needs rather than trying to fit all into one classroom with the possible negative effects on the overall learning of the entire class unless adequate supervision / help is staffed for those students with special needs.  

YA THINK?  THAT is why they are on strike.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, boestar said:

YA THINK?  THAT is why they are on strike.  

boestar, you missed my point. I have contact with a number of educators and they are unanimous in their opinion that a return to separate teaching facilities is the only answer that will solve the problem. Time to stop pretending that special needs children can be accommodated in regular classes. It seems no matter the number of aids, there is disruption to the learning of the "Non Special Needs" students.  Regarding the reason they are striking, the reasons are many:  https://www.chatelaine.com/news/ontario-teacher-strike-2020/

While some parents believe teachers are only looking for salary increases, the ETFO maintains that its most pressing issues include resources for special education, protection of Ontario’s full-day kindergarten program, smaller class sizes, reduction of violent incidents and fair compensation for educators—particularly occasional teachers, early childhood educators, professional support personnel and education support personnel.