Sign in to follow this  
Jaydee

Conservatives....The Future of Ontario

Nothing could be more stark than the reality of the NDP.

Then again, this is also Ontario so nothing is impossible. They did after all vote in the Liberals for over a decade so......

00199D9E-64F7-437F-93F7-F771B262F618.jpeg

deicer -  I sincerely hope you get your wish. I profoundly regret I don't get a vote here as I would vote in total support, and that, only because we desperately need a province to fail. A message needs to be sent, delaying its onset amounts to cruelty. Get er done, lets have our moment of stupid and move on. Please.... make it brief!

Edited by Wolfhunter

Good evening Wolfhunter

While you may think that the situation in Ontario is leading to failure, what do you define as failure?  What government has ever gone bankrupt?  Have they ever repossessed a country, state, province?  Debt is just the modern day version of chains.  If you do a quick check of who owes what to whom, you will find that in the end, everything cancels out.  

The issue I put forth is that Doug Ford is a failure to follow.  With the scandal on him vote buying, one doesn't have to use a lot of brain power research that he has done this before.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/12/12/doug-ford-20-bills-public-housing-video_n_4433880.html

If you think he is better than the other two main options, well, one only has to look at what boogeyman they pull out.  Bob Rae.  Well, as bad as you think Rae was, the good conservative Harris did far more damage and raised actual taxes through the downloading he did while cutting jobs, hospitals and schools.  Lived through that, don't want it again.

If it means we have to stay in debt to maintain public services, at a cost to corporate profits, then I prefer the money to go to the average citizen.  Doug Ford will only be like Trump and effect tax measures and cuts that benefit the rich.  If you think that business will pull out, ya, they will.  Then someone else will be smarter and move in.  That's just the way it works.

As for the history of Canadian politics, once again I post this as the version of insanity we enjoy.  Time to break the chain.

History Of Canadian Politics.jpg

We could start with Belarus, Argentina, Jamaica, Belize, Venezuela, Greece and Ukraine as countries we don’t wish to emulate. Ontario is the worlds most indebted non sovereign government and that should give residents pause for concern. I don’t see this as a sustainable endeavour… but I’m rooting for ya. I you think the rich are going to pay, well... you will likely find yourself deemed to be wealthy.

The real issue here is the self inflicted polarization that’s  sweeping the first world and limiting choices and options in its wake. We stand at a threshold of only having a choice between stupid left and stupid right. There are degrees of magnitude here of course, but overall, the choices here are becoming more and more stark as time goes on.

If 56% (or more) of the people want to stay the course then God bless them, I concur with your last sentence BTW, there is no good outcome here no matter how it gets spun. I still maintain that a good spanking would serve the country well. Growing economies from the heart out and thinking budgets balance themselves seems problematic. Then again, Ontario is but a series of fuel stops and dangerous drivers for me.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

I don’t understand why the citizens of Ontario cannot understand that we are borrowing $$$$$ every day of the week by the actions of our governments...thats what deficits mean...and we have been warned by those people that lend Ontario money that they don’t trust the governments for their financial plans....so like the banks, if you are a high risk lender, you pay higher interest rates.  So, to pay the lender, servicing costs for the existing governments operating promises, there will be less money to fund services and the new govts promises ... it’s not like the budget will balance itself...Trudeau has proved that..this won’t end well and we won’t like the ramifications.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, deicer said:

What government has ever gone bankrupt?  Have they ever repossessed a country, state, province?  Debt is just the modern day version of chains.  If you do a quick check of who owes what to whom, you will find that in the end, everything cancels out.  

Can't wait to see the benefits of having our economy run by the IMF.  Of course, they can't do worse than the currents bozos we have.

As I said before, the cons would have had a chance if they elected Elliot as their leader, but the angry old white men couldn't have another woman could they?  So they got what they wanted which was another Trump.

Fortunately, Canadians as a whole are smarter.

And if you want to keep bringing up Rae, take a good look at the greater damage Harris did afterwards if you want to compare the past.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/2009/10/31/still_living_with_mistakes_of_the_harris_government.html

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2015/03/30/pc-blunder-over-highway-407-looms-over-liberals-on-hydro-cohn.html

Red, Orange, Blue or Green.  It is all the same.  None are any better or worse just different.  The only possibility of anything decent coming out of the next government is if it is a MINORITY.  At least then the opposition parties can stop the really bad crap from happening. and maybe, just maybe, we could get some cooperation between parties and move something positive forward.

If it were me at the helm I would bankrupt the whole shooting match.  clear out the payments we are making for nothing (gas plant BS) reduce interest charges and move forward from zero.  When we are paying more in interest charges than we are to infrastructure then there is a problem.

49 minutes ago, boestar said:

If it were me at the helm I would bankrupt the whole shooting match.  clear out the payments we are making for nothing (gas plant BS) reduce interest charges and move forward from zero.  When we are paying more in interest charges than we are to infrastructure then there is a problem.

Even with a majority I don’t envy Ford one bit. Much like Trump is facing, the job ahead that HAS TO happen will make him a constant target,  I also think before a minority Conservative government is allowed to proceed you will see a coalition of the Left which would be a perfect scenario. When Ontario eventually fails (which is a given) the blame can be squarely put at the feet of those who caused it to happen. 

The Cause was started a long time ago and ALL parties are party to it.  We the public have stood by while government after government has taxed and spent all the money all while propping up their buddies.

The red tide is only the latest and most public (blame social media, the bane of our existence) wave of corruption.  before that it was the Blue wave and Orange wave.

WE ARE DOOMED.

I can't believe the Sun published this...

http://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/parkin-almost-everywhere-conservatives-have-become-the-party-of-fiscal-recklessness

On 5/25/2018 at 9:10 AM, deicer said:

....So they got what they wanted which was another Trump.

I sincerely hope you get what you want out of this election. I truly believe that Ontario deserves an NDP government or even a coalition with the Liberals. My preference would be an NDP majority. The sooner we put this beast down the better. 

Edited by Wolfhunter

As much as you think that it will be a failure, time will tell.

What is the biggest failure here is the conservative voter.  They were literally handed the election.  It was a massive majority on the silver plate, just dangling there.

So if they are angry, they should be angry at themselves for picking Ford.  

I've said all along, they would have had better chances if they had gone with Elliot, or even Mulroney.

It happened last time with Hudak.  Hudak's only sin was being too honest.  Then the corrupt conservative element took full control.

Look in the mirror for who to blame.

13 minutes ago, deicer said:

As much as you think that it will be a failure, time will tell.

Failure might be the wrong word; perhaps unsustainably expensive is better. Free dental and tuition is something to aspire to but only after the books are balanced. Winters in Ontario are cold and the province will eventually run out of furniture to throw in the stove. Yes voters are to blame... if they accept responsibility for the present circumstances and wish to stay the course that's OK, fine and dandy with me. But I simply don't believe they will.

If you are willing to pay for a sanctuary province then by all means do it. But cowboy up, pay the bills when they come due. I don't get a vote here but you are right, the mirror tells the "tale of the tapes". Just tell me you are ready to pay and prepare to accept my full support in return....

I honestley thing Ontario needs a Conservative Government (fiscally) but NOT THIS conservative government.

2 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

Failure might be the wrong word; perhaps unsustainably expensive is better. Free dental and tuition is something to aspire to but only after the books are balanced. Winters in Ontario are cold and the province will eventually run out of furniture to throw in the stove. Yes voters are to blame... if they accept responsibility for the present circumstances and wish to stay the course that's OK, fine and dandy with me. But I simply don't believe they will.

If you are willing to pay for a sanctuary province then by all means do it. But cowboy up, pay the bills when they come due. I don't get a vote here but you are right, the mirror tells the "tale of the tapes". Just tell me you are ready to pay and prepare to accept my full support in return....

Well, if you think that it is that scary, since the last NDP government, the most damage was done by a conservative government under Harris.  Lived through it, don't want to do that again.

We're still standing, still have the best economy in the country, and the sun will still come up tomorrow.

Debt is the new chains around the people's neck.  Where the pain will be is when people realise they are accountable for themselves and live within their means.

It also means that corporations are also 'citizens' and have to contribute their fair share as well.

Then, you will have balance.

Sounds like you are willing to pay for what you want. It is a commendable and honourable position to take and really, all I expect from voters and people in general. I have been tremendously disappointed and even ashamed of Canadians who snarf back the last of the bacon before running to an exit when the bill came. 

BTW, the NDP plans to buy back Hydro 1 and cut bills by 30%.... open your wallet. Let me predict right now that won't happen.

Edited by Wolfhunter

It's too late, I'm now convinced that stupid has won.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44234250

The farm folk in the crowd are likely familiar with "Meat King" chickens. Feed them too much and their legs collapse (they can't support the high conversion rate). LOL, vote NDP... your economy is hungry!.

Edited by Wolfhunter

May I submit this for discussion, a view without the revisionist history...

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorialopinion/2012/04/15/bob_raes_failed_premiership_is_a_myth.html

I think it's important to look at the here and now. Where we are, where we are headed and where we want to be headed. That creates a deviation factor that can be addressed with measured and attainable objectives over time. Five to 10 degrees of helm will turn the ship without drama, asymmetric control and bow thrusters are there if you need them... but everyone will notice.

References to people and events that predate the birth of my adult children have as much value as the actions of those long dead relatives  that wreck family reunions.

• Thanks 1

We are in the dumpster...We are headed to the land fill or the incinerator depending on the election outcome.  If we hit the landfill there is a chance we can be recycled.  If we hit the incinerator we are done.