TV Crew Out to Create News

Got their fingers burnt. I wonder what they can / will be charged with?

Jan 18, 9:35 PM EST

TV crew attempts to pass fake bomb through airport security

A

NEWARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Authorities say at least seven people who claimed to be working for a TV network were arrested at a New Jersey airport after they tried to film themselves passing a fake explosive device through a security checkpoint.

Transportation Security Administration spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein says it happened at Newark Liberty International Airport on Thursday. She says some members of the group attempted to bring the fake explosive device in a carry-on bag, but it was detected by TSA officers and never made it past security.

Farbstein says the alleged TV crew members were arrested on multiple charges and face possible civil penalties by the TSA.

It wasn't clear what television network the crew claimed to work for.

Well. they wanted a story.  I am looking forward to their expose of the complete experience.  Attempt to breach security, the arrest, trial, conviction and sentence.

Should be a riveting read.  I would suggest wide distribution of the story.  Might serve to take the glory factor away from a few.

Hopefully they won't get the light touch that the Canadian journalist who pulled this stunt at one of our majors did...

Vs

According to New York Daily News, the suspects worked for the show “Staten Island Hustle,” saying they wanted to record reactions from the TSA upon discovering the fake bomb. 

The suspects also said that they were hoping to cause mass panic in the airport and film that as well. 

So lets create some film for our show despite the "real risk" to members of the public.   I hope they get serious jail time. By the by the "Reality" show is (hopefully now was) slated to start on CNBC this spring.:angry:

Archived