Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm

Crap from the Left

Probably a good definition and perhaps some of it could be used to describe most Conservatives.

On the other side, I / we are not demanding money from other people to fund our pet causes either and that's where the real failure of democracy lies.

If I could be so bold I'd suggest that your perspective seems to fit the sociopath handle you like to toss around so freely.

You see, hate causes a form of sociological blindness.

Edited by DEFCON

deicer, it seems you think that those who disagree with you are somehow delusional or suffering from metal disorders, isn't possible that it isn't them but rather you?.Just asking......😀

Well Malcolm

When it was still just a discussion about the issues, those that disagreed with me, in my opinion, started to fall behind and turned to personal attacks instead of discussion.  I've tried to maintain the high ground, and stick to the issue, but it wasn't working. 

As I said earlier in another thread, I decided to start playing by their rules.  Still trying to put factual links to my 'arguments', and not just name calling though.

If I'm to be the only one who will stand up for what I believe in, then so be it.  There have been others who have dabbled in trying to be part of it, and I see how they can get frustrated at the name yelling.

I have always tended to push back against bullies, just my nature I guess.  So when the multiple threads shouting right wing angst started appearing, I stuck to my guns and kept at the issues that are foremost and affecting our society and economies the most, imho.

Judging by the daily like total, the right wing circle jerk of self appreciation still shows that regardless of facts, they will still stand for their guy.

Isn't that the nature of discussion though?  Am I supposed to be cowed by the intimidation?  

Our hosts are kind enough to let us have this discussion.  If they were to ask me to stop putting forth my views, I would.  

But where would that lead our society?

23 hours ago, deicer said:

THE SWITCHEROO: A sociopath will often switch back and forth between extreme charm and extreme threats to get whatever they want from someone, depending on what they see is or isn’t working at the time. Watch out for strong opinions, which they then drop to adopt the opposite point of view when it’s convenient or makes them look good. They will use whatever words they perceive as helping them dominate the situation at the moment, like an artist’s palette of colors.

TARGETS OF BLAME: As I mentioned in Part 1, many sociopaths end up focused on Targets of Blame—people who they feel justified in treating cruelly, whether in their families, at work or in their communities. They often enjoy the suffering of other people.

You have just described every person I have ever met. LOL

If she (in the above) was Canadian she would apologize, welcome him to Canada, and remind him how great we are because of diversity.

https://www.facebook.com/809432862555734/videos/981716768660675/?hc_ref=ARTmoQRRcjGmPJo7tmcWYv2gwwftPFcH1KsKals0rdTe9EDMRwEz_PyXIGOpaSWJn-g

19 minutes ago, deicer said:

The links you have been posting of late are not clickable so if someone wants to see why you posted (this one for example) they need to cut and paste the link into their browser. Most would likely not bother.  I looked at it and am not sure why you bothered to post the link....  just another dumb video. here is one you might enjoy more:

As you can see in my reply, the link in the quote is an active one.

When it comes to posting links, some work, some don't.  Even from the same source.  Don't know why.  Happens on multiple devices too.

you could just highlight the link then right click and click "Go To" 

Michael Moore is now urging his minions on towards violence; 'we have to start rising up (against Trump & his government) and be prepared to put our bodies on the line', he says.

Bill Mahr is openly wishing for economic collapse.

Robert Deniro wants to get up on a ladder and 'punch Trump in the face'.

Short of a Second Coming level intervention, this isn't going to end peacefully..

Are you prepared?

If the dumb-dumb speaker was speaking of any other colour the clip would be banned as racist.

I see no humour in this kind of disgusting anti white crap.

What's wrong with you Deicer?

• Like 1

I guess my problem is that I see humans as being equal.

Colour has nothing to do with it, yet the racism runs rampant in the U.S.  

Maybe we are lucky that in Canada we weren't created and built through slavery, so we don't have the same superior attitude as the Americans.  And hopefully it stays that way.

Having said that, I still don't harbour any socio or psychopathic desires to cause harm to other just because they don't have the same view as me.

Please get the help you need.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, deicer said:

I guess my problem is that I see humans as being equal.

Colour has nothing to do with it, yet the racism runs rampant in the U.S.  

Maybe we are lucky that in Canada we weren't created and built through slavery, so we don't have the same superior attitude as the Americans.  And hopefully it stays that way.

Having said that, I still don't harbour any socio or psychopathic desires to cause harm to other just because they don't have the same view as me.

Please get the help you need.

Not sure where you have been for the past few years but here is an article from Macleans.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/out-of-sight-out-of-mind-2/

42 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Not sure where you have been for the past few years but here is an article from Macleans.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/out-of-sight-out-of-mind-2/

Malcolm

The problem with that article is that it doesn't draw a direct comparison.  

If it did, it would compare Canadian indigenous with the American Indian.  Then it would be a direct comparison.  Don't forget, America was created through the genocide of North American natives.

The racism that involves the blacks in the U.S. is from them being imported as slaves.  That exists to this day.  So to counter your Maclean's article, I submit to you this more recent article...

https://mississippitoday.org/2018/03/29/conversation-on-race-untold-history-of-white-attitudes-in-the-north-against-minorities/

2 hours ago, deicer said:

Malcolm

The problem with that article is that it doesn't draw a direct comparison.  

If it did, it would compare Canadian indigenous with the American Indian.  Then it would be a direct comparison.  Don't forget, America was created through the genocide of North American natives.

The racism that involves the blacks in the U.S. is from them being imported as slaves.  That exists to this day.  So to counter your Maclean's article, I submit to you this more recent article...

https://mississippitoday.org/2018/03/29/conversation-on-race-untold-history-of-white-attitudes-in-the-north-against-minorities/

deicer: you quote an article about the US.  My offering was about Canada.  No where do I think there needs to be a direct comparison except in your eyes which seem oddly focused south of the 49th. 

Yes Malcolm, it is about the U.S.  My argument is the fact that you are trying to compare apples to oranges.

What is the comparison of blacks in Canada vs. the blacks in the U.S. which you brought forth?

Do we have as contentious a history of slavery?

1 hour ago, deicer said:

Yes Malcolm, it is about the U.S.  My argument is the fact that you are trying to compare apples to oranges.

What is the comparison of blacks in Canada vs. the blacks in the U.S. which you brought forth?

Do we have as contentious a history of slavery?

The Maclean article was about prejudice.  Not comparing black to black.