Flight Skids of Runway, Hangs Up On Cliff

deicer

(((((...On Jan 15th 2018 Trabzon's Prosecution Office reported they have opened an investigation into the accident. The flight crew was tested for intoxication, no findings were made, and was interviewed. The flight crew reported the flight was normal until after touch down with the first officer being pilot flying, deceleration was slow due to the wet runway, the controls were handed to the captain, the captain applied brakes, the aircraft turned left, the aircraft went off the runway, the right hand engine suddenly accelerated in forward thrust unintentionally. The aircraft went over the cliff and dropped, the right hand engine separated and fell into the sea. The aircraft came to a stop, the crew alerted tower and emergency services responded arriving in a short time.  )))))

Credited to ;

AVHerald Update:

http://www.avherald.com/h?article=4b39bd2e&opt=0

Interesting initial report Kip.

So a transfer of control at a critical phase on a contaminated runway? Was the unintentional engine accell perhaps an attempt to regain directional control? As per other ongoing discussions here the experience level of each pilot may be another key factor. It’s never just one thing!

11 hours ago, conehead said:

Ever seen “Heavy Rescue 401”? :)

Yes..... I have....unfortunately as soon as the camera turns up in a "reality" show, everyone wants to be a star.

Personally, I think there are better " removing wreckage"  on You Tube by this fellow who wears a camera and drives the biggest Tow/Wrecker truck I have ever seen. Very interesting videos

Archived