Anybody got a big backyard, I have a business idea.....OT (obviously)

Seeker

Looks like a nice facility. Seems to be a winning combination. Wineries and race tracks. 

For my 2017 birthday my family gave me a day at Mosport and their Porche driving school. Some handling lessons and then lots of track time. Supposed to go out in pairs but my planned partner never showed. Good thing because i doubt i would have lasted a lap in the passengers seat. There were a few gear heads in the lobby looking kind of green.

Most amazing day. Never drove anything like that before and probably never again. 

9E338EFB-41C6-4A68-A5FE-F98545D9A078.jpeg

On 2018-01-06 at 1:05 PM, J.O. said:

Jacques Villeneuve and a bunch of investors recently opened a private circuit in the Okanagan. I’ve flown over it a few times and it looks like a modern F1 layout. Maybe there’s room for your dream there. I’d come and buy some track time from you! 

http://www.area27.ca/

Initiation fee of $45,000, yearly dues of $4,000.  I couldn't afford it, and even if I could - membership is SOLD OUT! I guess there's lots of money in BC.

3 hours ago, seeker said:

Initiation fee of $45,000, yearly dues of $4,000.  I couldn't afford it, and even if I could - membership is SOLD OUT! I guess there's lots of money in BC.

Rich man’s sport. My son is in the race apparel business. Race suits, team jackets, etc. All big money people. And the real big names in motor sports get everything for free. Crazy. 

A big part of the problem in Calgary is the project proponents originally proposed to build an airstrip and FBO as well and that made the project toxic, so their reputation proceeds themselves and they face organized opposition everywhere they pop-up.

Archived