Sign in to follow this  
Jaydee

Canadas Immigration Policy Totally Out of Control

Malcolm

I think you would agree, humans have proven to be incapable of exercising responsible birth control practices and as the third world shows, when it comes to eating ourselves out of house & home, our collective response is no better than would be expected of rabbits.

Everyone in a position to act already knows the growth of human populations is limited by the planet's ability to absorb our destructive consumption patterns.

Accordingly, it would seem the survival of every other form of flora & fauna depends on our failing as a species, which means we're leaving it to a massive war, waves of plague like disease, a great famine, or some other form of natural disaster to cream mankind and reduce our numbers to a more sustainable level.

• Like 1

Regarding the article Malcolm posted above.

How much has it cost this Country in total to allow this scum to play us for fools?

Is Trent Cook still employed?

Edited by DEFCON

The reality is that when it comes to Canadian public opinion, Justin Trudeau’s immigration policies are on the extreme fringe.

As Justin Trudeau ramps up his year-end interviews, he launched into an attack on the Conservatives over immigration.

Here’s what Trudeau said about the dangerous UN Global Compact while speaking to the CP:

“The decision that the Conservatives have taken recently to, for example, go after the global compact on migration in a way that is deliberately and knowingly spreading falsehoods for short-term political gain and to drum up anxiety around immigration is irresponsible, is not the way we should be moving forward in a thoughtful way on one of the big issues that is facing our country.”

The CP also pointed out “Trudeau said he believes a broad Canadian consensus holds that immigration is good for the country, in the face of growing opposition to it in other places.”

Take note of two things here:

First, Trudeau used his usual tactic of deflecting any criticism over his open borders policy by claiming it’s the result of ‘falsehoods,’ and always blaming the Conservatives for the anxiety caused by his own policies.

And secondly, Trudeau once again purposely refused to make a distinction between legal and illegal immigration.

The combination of Trudeau’s rhetoric is part of the overall Liberal strategy of making it seem like Trudeau’s policies are widely supported, while casting his opponents as extremists.

However, the facts show that the reality completely at odds with Trudeau’s deceptive rhetoric.

In fact, Justin Trudeau’s policies are extreme, and Canadians are much more on side with the Conservatives when it comes to immigration.

In late August, I wrote about an Angus Reid poll showing massive opposition to Trudeau’s immigration policies. Given Trudeau’s recent comments, that poll is worth revisiting:

As I noted, Trudeau is planning to increase immigration from 260,000 a year under Harper, to 350,000 per year.

But when asked about it, 49% of Canadians wanted lower immigration levels. 31% said they want immigration levels to stay the same. And just 6% want more immigration.

So, Justin Trudeau is representing the viewpoint of a mere 6% of Canadians, while the views of 80% of Canadians are being ignored.

That puts Trudeau in far-left extremist territory, while the Conservatives are representing the overwhelming majority of Canadians.

Additionally, that poll was taken before the UN Global Compact on Migration was even signed. Furthermore, there is a widespread belief that Trudeau’s failure to secure Canada’s border and his weakness on illegal immigration has caused support for all immigration to fall.

Once again, Trudeau deflects and blames others for his own failures and for the consequences of his policies. It’s a classic case of projection: The more Justin Trudeau lies and misinforms people about immigration, the more he accuses of others of lying and spreading misinformation.

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2018/12/17/trudeau-keeps-pretending-canadians-support-his-immigration-policies-but-the-evidence-says-the-exact-opposite/

Finally ... our pm has some good news to share with all those Nigerians and Haitians that have wandered in to our country.....hundreds of high paying jobs will be created in Toronto..oh .. wait a minute ...they just happen to be those clean high tech jobs that he wants the economy to transition to... 

The new jobs will be in fields including software development, machine learning and cloud computing, said Tamir Bar-Haim, Amazon's head of Canadian advertising.

I guess our migrants will just have to clog the social systems for just a little bit longer, maybe 4-5 years.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/amazon-hiring-in-toronto-1.4950541

From the article posted by st27

John Tory says; "I look at this as a wonderful day . . . but I know that bigger and better things lie ahead, in terms of more jobs and more people,".

This guy is not a Conservative, which is why he didn't get to first base running for Premier a few years ago.

Interesting addition to a citizenship ceremony, time I think to add some things to ours.

January 17, 2019 / 1:26 PM / Updated an hour ago

Want to be Danish? You'd better shake hands

4 Min Read

•  

COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Afghan-born Sakandar Khan, 30, was among the first nine new Danish citizens who shook hands with Denmark’s immigration minister under a new law that makes a handshake the final step in the naturalization process.

“This is a huge thing for me. I am thrilled,” the former practicing Muslim dressed in shirt and tie said with a smile.

For Khan, who fled Afghanistan with his family in 2001, shaking the hand of the minister, who happens to be female, was not a problem. But the law has been criticized for breaching freedom of religion, as some observant Muslims and Jews avoid touching unrelated members of the opposite sex.

The government says the handshake is an important part of Danish culture and values, and no one who refuses can be Danish.

“If you don’t shake hands, you don’t understand what it means to be Danish, because in Denmark we have equality and that is something generations before us fought to achieve,” said Immigration Minister Inger Stojberg, who led the first ceremony

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

and no one who refuses can be Danish.

Good Lord. This may be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.... it's right up there with every restaurant having a pork dish on the menu. Liberal values completely run amok in the search for cheap (read idiotic) solutions created by the very authors of the current incarnation of stupid. 

These guys need to open their wallets and do it right.... Where do these ideas come from? Is there a panel of "hey, I know what lets do" fools out there somewhere or did JT and co have a hand in this?

Edited by Wolfhunter

55 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

Good Lord. This may be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.... it's right up there with every restaurant having a pork dish on the menu. Liberal values completely run amok in the search for cheap (read idiotic) solutions created by the very authors of the current incarnation of stupid. 

These guys need to open their wallets and do it right.... Where do these ideas come from? Is there a panel of "hey, I know what lets do" fools out there somewhere or did JT and co have a hand in this?

Trolling or just fishing? 😀  or did you forget this?sarcastic.jpg.deb851a3fb20e57ba83b5dffdfae1d9f.jpg

Getting a little tired of “Canadians” using Canada as a convenience....

Although the girls are Canadian citizens, as is their father, they've never lived in Canada. Mursal came as a refugee from Ethiopia to Canada in 1988. He married an Ethiopian woman during one of his many extended visits back to his homeland.

The issue with the disputed photo on the passport application is that the photo is not Mursal's daughter — a troubling situation that isn't able to be clearly explained.

Officials with Immigration, Refugee Citizenship Canada (IRCC) say the "impostor" photo was submitted fraudulently. Mursal vehemently denies the allegation.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-kenya-ethiopia-citizenship-passport-war-human-rights-1.4983010

And then we have this little item:

NAIROBI, Kenya — A Canadian national and five other people suspected of helping extremist gunmen stage a deadly attack in the Kenyan capital this week appeared in court on Friday as prosecutors investigated them for suspected terror offences.

A judge ordered five of the suspects held for 30 days while authorities look into the assault on the dusitD2 hotel complex that was carried out by al-Shabab, a group that is linked to al-Qaida and based in neighbouring Somalia.

https://torontosun.com/news/world/canadian-among-six-suspects-held-over-nairobi-hotel-attack/wcm/64e73ba4-c177-4891-8d4a-35d945cac414#comments

Or another favourite.....watching exasperated CBSA staff trying to communicate with wheelchair passengers holding Canadian passports, who don’t have a clue of what he’s trying to say (in either official language) !

So, I have to laugh (cry?) when I hear a headline involving a “Canadian”...

but..it’s all good.....a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Trolling or just fishing? 😀  or did you forget this?sarcastic.jpg.deb851a3fb20e57ba83b5dffdfae1d9f.jpg

I don't know what you mean.... was the article made up, or a joke? If so, I would feel better about it but it seems silly enough to be true. Is refusing a handshake now sufficient to revoke existing citizenship? Are amputees now subject to deportation? After considering all inquiries and references to the notion of "common values" to be racist and xenophobic, is this the best we have to offer now?

Edited by Wolfhunter

And the wait times in hospitals might just be getting a little longer:

The government will also accept more parent and grandparent sponsorships in 2019. The current cap of 17,000 applications will be increased to 20,000 next year.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/sponsorship-parents-grandparents.html

12 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

I don't know what you mean.... was the article made up, or a joke? If so, I would feel better about it but it seems silly enough to be true. Is refusing a handshake now sufficient to revoke existing citizenship? Are amputees now subject to deportation? After considering all inquiries and references to the notion of "common values" to be racist and xenophobic, is this the best we have to offer now?

I think rather it means that countries have the right to set the criteria for obtaining citizenship and these must be the same for all with no exceptions for race or religion. I am not sure how , as you say, this has anything with revoking existing citizenship. It merely prevents becoming a citizen unless you match the desired criteria. To put it more plainly, the first thing you should see when applying to become a citizen is :"The following are the rules / criteria for becoming a citizen of …….., if you don't like them then don't apply!"

• Like 2

I have to agree.

As silly as the custom may be, the handshake is part of an initiation policy that belongs to the Danes.

Western cultures have used the handshake to seal deals for ever; the practice confirms a covenant of sorts.

Edited by DEFCON

The unwillingness of some Arab (Muslim) women to shake hands is not a surprise. It is part of the diversity lefties once celebrated and once called me racist for even pointing out…. yes, it was right here. They now have buyers remorse and are looking at silly, simple, cheap ways of correcting a situation they are responsible for creating. Had I suggested this handshake thing a couple of years ago there would be howls of indignation and lots of name calling, and you know it!

I knew full well that there would come a time when lefties would pull back from their values and become the very racists they once accused me of being. As in a Tale of Two Cities, long ranks of the new oppressors. I also knew there would come a time when I would stand in opposition to their petty attempts at rectification… looks like the time is here.

You (not you, we & us) wouldn’t listen then and sure as hell won’t listen now. This is the very foolishness (in reverse) that got us to where we are today and it will be no more effective than the previous incarnation. If you won’t listen, then watch as phase two plays out. Remember when I asked you if you were willing to pay for those left wing liberal values? Who was it that said they would not want to live in a country that wouldn't? My mistake was (partially) believing that you were sincere while fully expecting that you weren't. Not a mistake I will make again at voting time. Pretty pathetic IMO...

Edited by Wolfhunter

1 hour ago, DEFCON said:

Western cultures have used the handshake

It's deliciously ironic eh? The complete lack of cultural awareness prevails.... as if it didn't yesterday.

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:

"The following are the rules / criteria for becoming a citizen of …….., if you don't like them then don't apply!"

Cool, but stop changing them as your values change, and stop changing your bloody values,  I'm running out of underwear!

When was a handshake by an Arab (Muslim) women a condition of citizenship anywhere.... stop it! Time for voters to grow up.

Edited by Wolfhunter

1 minute ago, Wolfhunter said:

Cool, but stop changing them as your values change.... I'm running out of underwear! When was a handshake by an Arab (Muslim) women a condition of citizenship anywhere.... stop it!

Seems to me they need to reflect the wants of the majority of citizens and not the desires of the Liberal minority. They should only change when current citizens want them to and then of course they would only apply to those who want to become citizens and not of course retroactively to current citizens.

43 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Seems to me they need to reflect the wants of the majority of citizens and not the desires of the Liberal minority.

Then stop voting for leftist governments and giving them majorities..... and then (AND THEN) being sooooooooo surprised that they do exactly what they said they would do.

JT is not a surprise, as far as I'm concerned, people got their monies worth here. In fact, I have far greater respect for his tenacity than I do pouty liberal voters who got exactly what they wanted and now think that hand shakes and pork dishes pave the road to salvation. People need to start taking more vacations in war zones, or reading things not of CBC or CNN or MSNBC or FOX. The grade is now so damn steep the horses are going to be run over by the cart.

One of my favourite quotes, from the favourite chapter of my favourite book:

"I see Barsad, and Cly, Defarge, The Vengeance, the Juryman, the Judge, long ranks of the new oppressors who have risen on the destruction of the old, perishing by this retributive instrument, before it shall cease out of its present use. I see a beautiful city and a brilliant people rising from this abyss, and, in their struggles to be truly free, in their triumphs and defeats, through long years to come, I see the evil of this time and of the previous time of which this is the natural birth, gradually making expiation for itself and wearing out.

Edited by Wolfhunter

29 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

Then stop voting for leftist governments and giving them majorities..... and then (AND THEN) being sooooooooo surprised that they do exactly what they said they would do.

JT is not a surprise, as far as I'm concerned, people got their monies worth here. In fact, I have far greater respect for his tenacity than I do pouty liberal voters who got exactly what they wanted and now think that hand shakes and pork dishes pave the road to salvation. People need to start taking more vacations in war zones, or reading things not of CBC or CNN or MSNBC or FOX. The grade is now so damn steep the horses are going to be run over by the cart.

Sitting here in the Conservative west, it is damn difficult to prevent the election of Liberals by the Liberal Minority. The majority of Canadians did not vote him in.

Party Party leader Popular vote
Liberal Justin Trudeau 39.47%
Conservative Stephen Harper 31.91%
New Democratic Tom Mulcair 19.73%
Bloc Québécois Gilles Duceppe 4.67%

Every once and awhile we get lucky (Harper being a success as far as I am concerned).

• Like 1