AC baggage disappointment in BDA!!!

HST

Great AC service YYZ-BDA Nov. 1 until arriving at baggage claim. 11 guys on our annual golf trip and only 2 sets of clubs and their bags arrive. BDA staff were pleasant enough but used computer print out paper to hand collect data. The BDA staff hadn’t any answers except call the 1800 “we don’t give a sh!t” number and sit on hold for 1:30 mins only to be connected to a data collector. No communication from AC during our entire stay. 

Our luggage/clubs were sent on the day of our departure (yyz-bda) then turned around and sent back for collection in YYZ.

An AC friend put us onto the Service Plus program to recoup expenses but the “get back to you in 2 business days” has been 8 days and counting. Filed general claim via Accc-prod.microsoftcrmportals.com as well as consulting airpassengerrights.ca.

It was a great trip despite the set back but AC failed miserably in the communication department. 

It’s been 20 years since I’ve operated there, incidentally on the A320, but is there a load issue of fuel versus bags on the A320 into BDA? I ask because we ran into more than a few AC customers with sports equipment and baggage woes (including Canadian rugby team) while there.

Do you think a fuel/weight issue or just a screw up? With that many items missing I’d guess an entire container (or two) didn’t make your flight. Golf bags and your luggage. Whether it departed for an alternative destination or sat parked somewhere during your trip only AC knows. And it sounds like the “not give a sh!t meter” is pegged on high. 

Wait times for baggage on inbound AC flights at YYZ are getting excessive. And frequently  gate arrivals are also delayed due to lack of ground crews. 

So maybe a manpower issue or just a screw up with container labels?

And finally, can you rent a nice set of Titleist clubs in BDA? :)

They had nice "loaners" at mid-Ocean and at Castle Harbour. Acknowledged.....at the time, I was using hickory shafts and percha balls!!

My clubs went astray in NAS years ago. I was playing a tournament at Lyford. The day after my arrival, they were delivered by taxi--- no muss; no fuss.

2 hours ago, J.O. said:

Remind me to never play you for money. ;)

It was a bunch of "comfortable" guys playing a net bestball for the Fraser Elliott ( Stikeman Elliott) trophy. I was just a guest; enough of a "bagger" to be invited back 4 years. Very interesting people--- golf was ALMOST  secondary. Lol

10 hours ago, blues deville said:

Do you think a fuel/weight issue or just a screw up? With that many items missing I’d guess an entire container (or two) didn’t make your flight. Golf bags and your luggage. Whether it departed for an alternative destination or sat parked somewhere during your trip only AC knows. And it sounds like the “not give a sh!t meter” is pegged on high. 

Wait times for baggage on inbound AC flights at YYZ are getting excessive. And frequently  gate arrivals are also delayed due to lack of ground crews. 

So maybe a manpower issue or just a screw up with container labels?

And finally, can you rent a nice set of Titleist clubs in BDA? :)

I initially figured it was a missing container but running into folks with similar stories on other AC flights was too much to ignore.

I brought carry on and didn’t have to play in dress shoes and jeans a few hours after arrival. Others who hadn’t “planned on incompetence” were as lucky.

It’s a TaylorMade island. What a shame! ;)

Archived