Mysteries Solvied

Why do cats put up with us...... because we feed them.

Why do dogs love us...... because we have fingers that can scratch where they can not.

Why do Women put up with Men.   ??? :D

Who do Women put up with Men.   ??? :D ( I assume WHO should be WHY)

Going to go on thread drift here so bear with me, if you like.....:mellow:.. 

Women putting up with men???

In HW case I am going to assume that many females put their aspirations to be famous at the forefront and, again, many allowed HW the liberties he took. Their silence allowed HW to continue and of course many careers began to blossom.

Can those women who endured HW advances and made no effort to come forward much earlier be cloaked as  "cowardly" is a debate that many will have and complete agreement will never be forthcoming.

Just like Bill Crosby, the 'molested' come out of the wood work when one of their own had the guts to stand up to the creep....but remember this...all the wood worms are now famous or very near so, so once again we have to ask....why the silence for so long???

I have no use for Jane Fonda, especially after her visit to Vietnam where she, as a USA movie celebrity, made a public proclamation, while travelling Vietnam, that "All American POWs should be tried as War Criminals and executed"....and here she is on CNN saying she knew what was going on with HW and is embarrassed that she did not come forward prior to the events unfolding as they are now. Is the camera on me????, I have to say something that will make me look like I was also an innocent victim"

In my book, there is no room for any man who does what HW or BC did, (if proven in court), 

I believe that, in both cases, it probably did happen and is probably still happening in other facets of our lives and no matter what happens in these two cases, denigrating and sexual harassment of women by men who have the power.... will continue......Ergo the statements made by the POTUS  to the reporter during his campaign.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And on the aviation side...here is a link that I am sure many will enjoy.....Spitfires in breathtaking photos (passed to me by another AEF member)

Heart Pounders

Assume I'm a "player" and everyone knows I'm a player. When I invite you over.....and you come.....is it unreasonable for me to assume you've "agreed"?

You want a starring role and I'm the guy who decides. I'm trading my power of assignment for your "concession". Abuse of authority, perhaps but a consensual arrangement?

All of the stories published indicate that the women arrived at his inner sanctum by arrangement but were taken aback by his requests  and his attire ( a bath robe). Apparently, when they " declined" the implicit ( and express) invitations, they were free to leave. There was no suggestion of physical compulsion.

Reprehensible behaviour maybe, but where is the offense when you ask" Do you want to watch me shower?" and you simply watch them walk out in acceptance of their refusal?

Women have been using their sexuality to lead men around by the you know what since the beginning; the trend began with Adam.

As it is, HW has a much younger and extremely pretty wife. Would anyone believe the lady is naturally attracted to fat old men?

It's also interesting to note that no one anywhere pats themselves on the back as much as the entertainment industry.

They hold themselves up as examples of moral purity railing against Republicans(mostly) and Trump specifically then they come out and tell you they have known about HW's proclivities for years and years, and did nothing. But, of course, he is huge Democrat and donated $1.5M to Hillary.

This thread has the potential to cause lots of discord.  If I was smart I wouldn't post anything.....

Why do men put up with women?  For sex, companionship and children.

Why do women put up with men?  For resources (money and security), children and sex.

Gay couples?  Don't know, haven't thought about it.

Both genders provide something the other wants and needs and both try to manipulate the other and get the best deal.  Young, sexually attractive women use their advantages to get the most resources they can and attract the richest/most powerful and best looking men they can.  Does anyone fault them for this?  Rich, powerful men try to get sex in exchange for their resources - seems like a fair trade.  Obviously there are limits.  If it's true that HW targeted any underage women/girls this should be punished severely.  I guess there are other scenarios that may cross the line but I'm not going to try to think through and list every possible permutation.  In general though; "have sex with me and I'll help your career" doesn't seem to be anything more than putting into words the way the sexual dynamic has always worked and been understood to work between men and women.

9 minutes ago, seeker said:

This thread has the potential to cause lots of discord.  If I was smart I wouldn't post anything.....

Why do men put up with women?  For sex, companionship and children.

Why do women put up with men?  For resources (money and security), children and sex.

Gay couples?  Don't know, haven't thought about it.

Both genders provide something the other wants

Seems like everyone is afraid to post one little word that embodies "putting up with each other"..................... "love".

I never married for sex or companionship, let alone children. I married her and she puts up with me as I put up with her and sex certainly was/is  part of the marriage, (it just seemed natural), but companionship can be acquired when one purchases a dog.:P. Children came along because we both wanted them but having children was never a reason to put up with one another.

She certainly didn't marry me for $$ as I was making, Gross $700.00/mo when we did tie the knot.

As far as I am concerned the over riding quality in any lasting relationship, (putting up with each other), is an indescribable and deep feeling of attachment with each other that makes powering through even the worst of times a challenging  adventure that both of you know you can endure and at the end  have produced even deeper feelings of togetherness.

Perhaps that doesn't make sense with the younger generation, but in our case it wasn't, and has never been, a case of putting up with each other, it was, and still i,s a feeling of completeness when she and I are together.........and I post from experience:lol:

Have a nice weekend...

Kip: like you I married because I loved her (thank goodness she felt the same way) and we both still do. But after 47 years the love carries on but we have also become best friends.  Talk about a great package deal, add the grandchildren and life is very good.

Kip.

Your "indescribable and deep feeling of attachment with each other that makes powering through even the worst of times a challenging  adventure that both of you know you can endure and at the end  have produced even deeper feelings of togetherness."  Is this not companionship?

Now, I don't know your wife and would certainly not presume to pass any judgement but would be willing to bet that "security" was a big part of what made you attractive to her.  I don't know how you will read that but please don't be insulted.  What I'm trying to say is that she probably saw in you that you would stick around through good and bad and be there to support her - obviously true since you did those things. - that's security.  My wife married me when I was a lowly float pilot but saw in me the same things - that I would stick around and do what was necessary  - nothing but potential and the right attitude.

1 hour ago, seeker said:

Kip.

Your "indescribable and deep feeling of attachment with each other that makes powering through even the worst of times a challenging  adventure that both of you know you can endure and at the end  have produced even deeper feelings of togetherness."  Is this not companionship?

Now, I don't know your wife and would certainly not presume to pass any judgement but would be willing to bet that "security" was a big part of what made you attractive to her.  I don't know how you will read that but please don't be insulted.  What I'm trying to say is that she probably saw in you that you would stick around through good and bad and be there to support her - obviously true since you did those things. - that's security.  My wife married me when I was a lowly float pilot but saw in me the same things - that I would stick around and do what was necessary  - nothing but potential and the right attitude.

Security was a non-issue as back in those days all we were offered, in the RCAF, was a Short Service Commission so my time could be up after 7 years and If I was not offered a Permanent Commission I did not what I would do. My life experience had consisted of working on our farm.  This was discussed prior to the marriage and her answer was, "It didn't matter what I was going to do, she wanted to be with me".

We married and I did get a Permanent Commission in year 5  and the rest is history. I really think, in this case, seeing we were engaged 3 months after we met and  went on 3 dates,and married 2 months later.... and "No" it wasn't a shot-gun wedding :lol: that, in hindsight,  perhaps she did see that I was "gonna do something " come hell or high water, and I guess that can be classified as 'security' in her mind.

Anyhow in about 4 months we will enter our 53rd year and I think we both feel it's not because we just put up with each other. !!:wub::lol: 

Is this not companionship? Perhaps in some people's mind it is ...in mine, she has been my BFF and my 'rock' since the day we met.

PS..there is no such thing as a lowly pilot, no matter what equipment  you fly or have flown,;)

Those of us that reached our personal goal in aviation had to start somewhere and did so through determination, effort, and a burning desire to be in the air. I wouldn't classify any aircraft I have flown as "lowly" not even the RCAF "Chipmunk":P

I mean "security" in who you were not in what your job was.  She saw in you the personality traits that made you a person she thought she could rely on which was obviously a correct assessment.  Same goes for the "companionship" vs being your BFF - we're saying the same thing.

You say you were on a short commission and I say I was a lowly float pilot - same thing - neither of us was in a stable, long term situation and yet your wife, and mine, saw the drive and personality traits that would make us secure (eventually).

thank you for the kind thoughts thor, my best friend and I met and 2 weeks later it became permanent (and that was in 1970). we had no money but lots of hope. I in-turn hope others as fortunate (and I do know of some, traditional and same gender).  I wish all of you the same good fortune. 

Reports claim that Courtney Love warned women some time ago about HW and was 'black listed' for doing so.

If the story is substantiated we'd know for a fact that there is a sexual conspiracy afoot in Hollywood.

In that case we should be asking who the power people are that accept HW's blacklisting and deny work to actors like Love.

9 hours ago, thor said:

Malcolm and Kip, my utmost respect to you guys and your wives. Through thick and thin, richer or poorer may you continue for many more years in love. I'm stil with my first wife, also my BFF.

Thank you for your kind words . As a lifetime  air-frame driver who spent a lot of time away from 'her',  I have always remembered this quote....."Distance Never Separates Two Hearts That Care".

Best of luck in all your endeavors.

DKP

Archived