Identify this aircraft.

Seeker

No idea what type the first one might be, but the out of place instruments lead me to wonder if it's an old storm chaser, or waterbomber of some sort?

I'd put my money on the second one being a twin?.

2 hours ago, DEFCON said:

No idea what type the first one might be, but the out of place instruments lead me to wonder if it's an old storm chaser, or waterbomber of some sort?

I'd put my money on the second one being a twin?.

Check out the instruments for the FO - guess he's not expected to fly much since his primary instrument is the oil pressure gauges.  WW2 vintage transport that flew into the 90s as a civilian version.

Pretty sure I know what the second one is and the comment about the greenhouse is what I was thinking too. I have no idea on the first one but seeing gauges for liquid oxygen and ammonia make me think it's a military ship of some type. 

1 hour ago, J.O. said:

Pretty sure I know what the second one is and the comment about the greenhouse is what I was thinking too. I have no idea on the first one but seeing gauges for liquid oxygen and ammonia make me think it's a military ship of some type. 

Not sure if you can make out the climb speed schedule on the control column - gives a climb Mach of 3.0 for FL710.  That should narrow it down a bit.

4 minutes ago, FA@AC said:

737 MAX?

Nah, trim wheel's too small for a 737.  I do notice the same round glass things with the pointy things in them and the same lack of EICAS/ECAM however.

9 minutes ago, JL said:

C46?

Yes, although st27 and Super 80 knew the answer earlier.  Here's a picture from just a little further back (different aircraft) - check out the large windows.

51623_1434210411.jpg

9 minutes ago, DEFCON said:

Mach 3 eh; the only thing that comes to mind that's capable is the XB -70 Valkyrie?

Yup, got it.  If you look up a few posts you'll see Rich already posted it and, to give credit where due, Super 80 posted the correct answer earlier too.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_XB-70_Valkyrie

General characteristics

Performance

151103-F-DW547-003.JPG

XB 70 Aircraft Wallpapers 06.jpg

Archived