MH370 Revisited

blues deville

10 hours ago, conehead said:

Whaddayamean "not meant to be found"?

More than one former MAL pilot has told me (their words not mine) they believe strongly that the cargo being flown to Beijing on MH370 was the reason for it going missing. Very little has been published by the Malaysian government or airline with a detailed itemized list of the cargo. Also, the barnacles attached to the flaperon found on Reunion Island do not match the amount of time it would have been floating in the ocean. 

5 hours ago, blues deville said:

More than one former MAL pilot has told me (their words ont mine) they believe strongly that the cargo being flown to Beijing on MH370 was the reason for it going missing. Very little has been published by the Malaysian government or airline with a detailed itemized list of the cargo. Also, the barnacles attached to the flaperon found on Reunion Island do not match the amount of time it would have been floating in the ocean. 

The note on Page 5 re lithium batteries is interesting.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/MH370CargoManifestandAirwayBill.pdf

5 hours ago, blues deville said:

More than one former MAL pilot has told me (their words ont mine) they believe strongly that the cargo being flown to Beijing on MH370 was the reason for it going missing. Very little has been published by the Malaysian government or airline with a detailed itemized list of the cargo. Also, the barnacles attached to the flaperon found on Reunion Island do not match the amount of time it would have been floating in the ocean. 

Interesting.... thanks.

There is no doubt that the data re the consolidations exists as there would have been itemized consolidation manifests (at the very least presented to customs for export) and of course the HAWBs, it would be surprising if they were not available for review. 

1 hour ago, Jaydee said:

The note on Page 5 re lithium batteries is interesting.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/MH370CargoManifestandAirwayBill.pdf

Yes apparently it had lithium batteries but I was told the cargo load of fresh mangosteen's is inaccurate due to them being out of season at the time of this flight. 

9 hours ago, blues deville said:

Yes apparently it had lithium batteries but I was told the cargo load of fresh mangosteen's is inaccurate due to them being out of season at the time of this flight. 

Almost right it all depends on where the fruit originated.  In Bali for instance the season is April and March, Thailand April and July, Malaysia June and August. So the could indeed be fresh Mangosteen from Bali.

Mangosteen Season in Southeast Asia

Mangosteen trees prefer hot and wet climates with high humidity, so the fruit is best in the summer months. Thailand’s oppressive heat between April and July just as the rainy season begins is the perfect time to find good mangosteen. Mangosteen fruit is best in Malaysia between June and August.

20 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Almost right it all depends on where the fruit originated.  In Bali for instance the season is April and March, Thailand April and July, Malaysia June and August. So the could indeed be fresh Mangosteen from Bali.

Mangosteen Season in Southeast Asia

Mangosteen trees prefer hot and wet climates with high humidity, so the fruit is best in the summer months. Thailand’s oppressive heat between April and July just as the rainy season begins is the perfect time to find good mangosteen. Mangosteen fruit is best in Malaysia between June and August.

Not according to the former MAL pilots who have told me their viewpoint of this event. 

53 minutes ago, blues deville said:

Not according to the former MAL pilots who have told me their viewpoint of this event. 

Lots of info on the internet showing that March is the end of  mangosteen season in Bali  eg.

magosteen.jpg.7e0c390616932ed6ffb651e9b5e9d3e4.jpg

Balinese Food: The Traditional Cuisine & Food Culture of Bali

By Vivienne Kruger

but I agree that routing would be interesting but China does import large shipments of Mangosteen from Bali.

Bali - mangosteen fruit

icon18_edit_allbkg.gifLabels: bali, food
large_mangosteen-last.jpg
A variety of mangosteen from the Pupuan area of Bali has been deemed so good, the Ministry of Agriculture has granted it a patent.

Manggis Palasari Serasi is the name given to the fruit grown in Selemadeg, in the west of Pupuan, which has been deemed superior to the fruit grown in other areas. The demand for mangosteen remains high, with 4,000 tons of the fruit sold to China last year. A new agreement has Chinese importers agreeing to buy 4,000 containers of them over the next five years. The fruit is sought after for its sweetness but also for its proclaimed health benefits.

A spokesperson for the department of Agriculture and Horticulture in Tabanan said the fruit was granted a patent owing to its high quality in that area. No other region can sell its fruit under this brand name. The news was greeted enthusiastically by Pupuan’s mangosteen farmers. Chairman of the Association of Selemedag Pupuan Mangosteen growers, Jro Tesan Putu, said the mangosteens are much sought after, especially by the Chinese market. He hopes the patent will boost exports, stabilise prices and avoid the intervention of middlemen. On average, mangosteen sell for around Rp 20,000 per kilo. About 80 percent of the fruit is exported and the remaining 20 percent is sold locally and processed into juice.

13 hours ago, blues deville said:

Is it possible that those MAL pilots are supporting a conclusion other than intentional misdirection by one of their compatriots?

Anything is possible and I'm not saying their theories are correct. However, the common response when asked for their opinion of what might have happened is "the Captain could not have done this on his own. Something happened to his aircraft that was beyond his control". They all knew him and one said they were very good friends from when both hired at Malaysian. 

So their common theory is that one piece of cargo being carried was intentionally mislabeled and the cause of aircraft's disappearance. 

Fair enough. All theories should still be on the table as there is no evidence to exclude any one of them. One would think, though, that (except for the region in which this happened) there would be enough of an evidence trail found by now if cargo was intentionally mislabeled.

4 hours ago, blues deville said:

Anything is possible and I'm not saying their theories are correct. However, the common response when asked for their opinion of what might have happened is "the Captain could not have done this on his own. Something happened to his aircraft that was beyond his control". They all knew him and one said they were very good friends from when both hired at Malaysian. 

So their common theory is that one piece of cargo being carried was intentionally mislabeled and the cause of aircraft's disappearance. 

Sadly that may indeed by true, I only hope we find out. 

Archived