150 years young

I hear 150 is the new 90. 

Curious why neither major Canadian airline have added something special to a plane or two. AC has some trip and photo contests. Westjet is offering some special fares. I guess only Walt Disney gets recognized.

Nice to see that CF-18 Hornet has at least remembered this special year in our country's history.

Have a happy holiday weekend. And remember Canada is the thinking man's America. 

I'm finding this whole 150 thing a bit odd.  I'm 50+ which means I've been around for more than a third of Canada's lifetime.  For some on here it's closer to half.  When you look at the 150 anniversary that way it seems like such a piddly milestone.  

On 6/28/2017 at 1:59 PM, Specs said:

I'm finding this whole 150 thing a bit odd.  I'm 50+ which means I've been around for more than a third of Canada's lifetime.  For some on here it's closer to half.  When you look at the 150 anniversary that way it seems like such a piddly milestone.  

Kip? :lol:

" Mr. Trudeau, what do seniors get in the new Budget? Seniors outnumber Indians; so maybe you will resolve their grievances sooner if they block the Trans Canada Highway or the CN Rail lines?

When reporters ask the protesting Seniors what they want, the Seniors can answer, "Same as the Indians have been getting for years." (free dental, free eye care, free prescriptions, free secondary education, free transportation, no tax on gas, no income tax, no tax on vehicles, free housing and many other things, paid for by the tax payer.)

And, now 600,000 Metis are considered Indians.

Seniors want the same as the Attawapiskat Band Members received from the Government in 2014, $34 million for just 1500 people (that's $22,666 each), tax free, instead of the $7,200 the government pays Seniors in Social Security after working 50 years, and still having to pay tax on that, after they've paid their own, their kid's, and the Natives' way. Something is very wrong with this picture!!  And the natives are demonstrating? Maybe it's time for seniors to react..."

On 2017-06-28 at 0:45 AM, blues deville said:

I hear 150 is the new 90. 

Curious why neither major Canadian airline have added something special to a plane or two. AC has some trip and photo contests. Westjet is offering some special fares. I guess only Walt Disney gets recognized.

Nice to see that CF-18 Hornet has at least remembered this special year in our country's history.

Have a happy holiday weekend. And remember Canada is the thinking man's America. 

The difference is that the Military doesn't have to turn a profit and spends the taxpayer's money with ease.

20 hours ago, thor said:

The difference is that the Military doesn't have to turn a profit and spends the taxpayer's money with ease.

I'm pretty sure Air Canada and Westjet have sizeable budget for events such as this. I'm guessing AC's Montreal based HQ saw no need and WS followed along. Perhaps they will both catch #200. What is interesting is how our military's limited budget managed to add little maple leafs to the Tutors. Not a costly item. And the CF-18 on tour will probably inspire hundreds of young Canadians to consider signing up to serve the country. The crew's who used to board aging SeaKing helicopters and still board used Diesel submarines were/are brave Canadians. 

"The crew's who used to board aging SeaKing helicopters and still board used Diesel submarines were/are brave Canadians."

Brave, or crazy, it does take a lot of moxy to operate aboard some of our less than modern equipment.  

Archived