Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm

The Yellow Press

Take a look at the headline and then ask yourself, how the hell can the perps be Victims???????

une 18, 2017 9:06 pm

Impaired drivers and speeding motorcyclists fall victim to Okanagan RCMP

By Blaine Gaffney Global News
Global News File

A motorcyclist clocked at 170 km/h was one of three speeding bikers nabbed by traffic cops based out of Keremeos in an impaired driver enforcement campaign this weekend.

The team travelled throughout the south Okanagan.

Police say the biker was pulled over Saturday night as he was entering Summerland.

“Shockingly, this motorcyclist was also found to be under the influence of alcohol and failed a roadside breath test. The 22 year old man from West Kelowna had his motorcycle seized and in addition to the FAIL IRP, received a $483 fine for speed,” states Cpl. Ryan McLeod in a news release.

The other two motorcyclists were travelling more than 144 km/h.

Nine drivers were issued 90 day Immediate Roadside Prohibitions for providing breath samples in the fail range.

An Oliver man was charged criminally after his breath sample tested 2.5 times over the legal limit.

Police say they received many positive remarks from the public for their efforts targetting drunk drivers.

The media in general has fallen victim to the desire to have the most sensational language in their reports.  Unfortunately they are not smart enough to understand the best usage of the words and phrases.

The ticket should be the final bonus, the icing on the cake if you will, to compliment a 'dangerous driving' charge in all three cases.

Three CNN journalists resign after Trump aide article removed

CNN has had a stormy relationship with the new Trump administration since it took office

Three journalists have resigned from CNN after the US news network retracted an article alleging a Trump aide was under investigation by Congress.

The story was taken down on Friday following an internal investigation, with an apology to Anthony Scaramucci, an outspoken ally of the president.

Mr Scaramucci said it was not true, accusing the network of attacking President Donald Trump's friends.

Mr Trump responded by taunting CNN in a tweet saying: "FAKE NEWS!"

"Wow, CNN had to retract big story on 'Russia,' with 3 employees forced to resign," he posted on Tuesday morning.

"What about all the other phony stories they do?"

Journalist Thomas Frank, investigative unit editor Eric Lictblau - a Pulitzer Prize winner - and Lex Harris, who oversaw the investigations unit, all resigned on Monday.

'Mistakes'

A spokesman for the network - which earlier said the story "did not meet CNN's editorial standards" - said: "In the aftermath of the retraction of a story published on CNN.com, CNN has accepted the resignations of the employees involved in the story's publication."

Media captionBack in January, President-elect Donald Trump refused to answer a CNN reporter's question, declaring the organisation "terrible"

The story was written based on the account of a single anonymous source. Many news outlets require at least two sources before running a story.

CNN - along with organisations like the Washington Post and New York Times - has found itself butting heads with Donald Trump and his administration since they took office.

Mr Trump has often accused the organisation of "fake news" and refused to answer questions put to him by one of its journalists.

But Mr Scaramucci, a Trump transition team member, appeared content with CNN's resolution of the issue.

"@CNN did the right thing. Classy move. Apology accepted. Everyone makes mistakes. Moving on," he tweeted on Saturday.

What started as bias against him has become a cancer that is consuming the best and brightest. In rough biblical justice, media attempts to destroy the president are boomeranging and leaving their reputations in tatters. "

" CNN is suffering an especially bad case of Trump Derangement Syndrome, even trying to make a virtue of its hostility to the president. In doing so, executives conveniently confuse animus with professional skepticism, and cite growing audiences as proof of their good judgment. "

http://nypost.com/2017/06/27/the-media-will-do-anything-to-bash-trump-and-now-theyre-hurting/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

CNN host Van Jones caught on tape.." This Russia thing is just a nothing burger " .....  " Its all about ratings  "

Edited by Jaydee

If you follow the TV news ratings, you know that millions of Americans have stopped watching.  Despite all the controversy surrounding President Trump, the ratings for the network nightly news broadcasts are down significantly from 2016.  Same thing for the morning programs.  Younger viewers, in particular, are tuning out.

On the cable news front, there is big change.  Fox News no longer dominates.  In fact, the Trump-hating MSNBC often beats FNC in prime time, something that never happened in the past.

CNN's audience remains small, despite the anti-Trump posture there.

Americans seem to be tired of ideological spin unless they are political fanatics like many who watch the vitriol on MSNBC.  Very few news programs are truly fair and accurate.  Most simply cater to what they believe their audience wants to hear.

But the most important reason that traditional news consumption is in decline is the convenience of the machines.  Right now, I am writing this on my iPhone and you are reading it on your device - at your convenience.

News agencies have become predictable and slanted in many cases.  There is no compelling reason to read or watch what they are putting out.  Thus, a great communication change is happening in this country.

For better or for worse.

https://www.facebook.com/billoreillyofficial/posts/10155280279816357

19 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

There is no compelling reason to read or watch what they are putting out.

Why though should Canadian news outlets go slathering alongside their USA  cousins?

I see no reason that Canadians should have their newscasts hijacked because some Canadian lefty-journalists wants to make their bones at the expense of US politicians.  The slanting and predictability has affected CBC, CTV and Global also.  10 minutes into the nightly news and my wife has switched to NetFlix.

https://www.apnews.com/tag/APFactCheck 

A roundup of some of the most popular, but completely untrue, headlines of the week. None of these stories are legit, even though they were shared widely on social media. The Associated Press checked these out; here are the real facts:

NOT REAL: Texas Church Shooter Was Antifa Member Who Vowed To Start Civil War

THE FACTS: Texas investigators have said the man who killed more than two dozen people at a rural Texas church Sunday didn't harbor racial or religious motives. A viral story from a conspiracy theorist site alleged Devin Patrick Kelley was connected to an anti-fascist movement or was trying to start a civil war. Texas Department of Public Safety Regional Director Freeman Martin said earlier this week the mass shooting stemmed from a domestic situation.

----

NOT REAL: New Jersey's First Muslim Mayor Vows 'To Glorify Allah In Every Decision'

THE FACTS: The city of Hoboken elected city councilman and civil rights lawyer Ravi Bhalla mayor on Tuesday. Bhalla is a Sikh, not a Muslim. Stories shared by various websites also falsely quote Bhalla as praising Allah during his victory speech and claim he has an agenda of implementing classes in local schools. Prior to his election, Bhalla was the target of anonymously distributed flyers that falsely labeled him a terrorist. He called the flyers unfortunate and said they didn't reflect what Hoboken was about.

----

NOT REAL: Senator Rand Paul Assaulted At His Home By Antifa Thug

THE FACTS: Police say the Republican U.S. senator was assaulted at his Kentucky home by his longtime neighbor, not by an anti-fascist. Paul wrote on Twitter Wednesday that he suffered six broken ribs during the attack last week. Rene Boucher is charged with misdemeanor assault over the episode. His lawyer has called it a trivial "property dispute between two neighbors," saying it had nothing to do with politics.

---

NOT REAL: One Year Ago Hillary Clinton Became First Losing Presidential Candidate in 50 Years to Not Concede in Public Speech

THE FACTS: Clinton gave a public concession speech the morning after Election Day, although she did not take the podium immediately after the Nov. 8, 2016, race was called for Donald Trump. The claim by the conservative Gateway Pundit blog that Clinton's delayed concession was the first in 50 years of presidential elections is false. Democrat John Kerry waited until the next day to publicly concede to Republican President George W. Bush in 2004; Al Gore conceded five weeks after the 2000 election to concede to Bush while the race's results were contested. Republican President Gerald Ford let his wife, Betty, deliver his concession speech to Jimmy Carter in 1976 because his voice was hoarse from campaigning.

---

NOT REAL: Delta Airlines is Giving 2 Free Tickets to Celebrate 93rd Anniversary

THE FACTS: This offer looks too good to be true and it is. It asks users to answer survey questions and share the post in order to get 2 free tickets from the airline. Delta tells The Associated Press that the offer being passed around on Facebook is false. Fake anniversary giveaways like this have also targeted other prominent brands, including Pizza Hut.

---

This is part of The Associated Press' ongoing effort to fact-check misinformation that is shared widely online, including work with Facebook to identify and reduce the circulation of false stories on the platform.

---

Find all AP Fact Checks here: https://www.apnews.com/tag/APFactCheck

^I don't know what social media the above stories were shared on, but I didn't see one of them, so I guess I must be using the "correct" social media.

1 hour ago, mo32a said:

^I don't know what social media the above stories were shared on, but I didn't see one of them, so I guess I must be using the "correct" social media.

Same here...never heard of any of them 

I’m a liberal Democrat who didn’t realize for a long time that our mainstream media is biased. For years, I consumed news and commentary from my favorite media sites uncritically: CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times. From time to time, I watched Fox News to see what “the other side” was saying.

I lived in a kind of information bubble, but like most bubble-dwellers I didn’t know I was living in one. Ironically, the 2016 election opened my eyes to this “Truman Show”-like media universe we’ve all been inhabiting.

My awakening came accidentally when I realized in 2016 that I just couldn’t support Hillary Clinton (I ended up protest-voting for Gary Johnson). I thought Clinton was arrogant, entitled, corrupt, and dishonest. I couldn’t believe the Democratic Party would nominate someone who was the subject of an FBI investigation.

But as 2016 rolled on, I became quietly incensed. I couldn’t help noticing repeatedly that the mainstream media was shielding and enabling Clinton in her dissembling and media avoidance. I noticed that the commentators at CNN, MSNBC, and the NYT either ignored or made light of Clinton’s many problem areas: the private email server, compromising of state secrets, and the questionable multimillion-dollar donations to the Clinton Foundation. (Yes, the Times broke the story in 2015 about Clinton’s personal email account, but I’m talking here about its 2016 treatment of her candidacy.)

Ironically, had I been a Clinton supporter, I’d have likely been blind to the media bias. To be clear, I’m not talking about individual reporting, which is usually great, but a persistent institutional bias that colors almost all coverage and commentary.

Then I Couldn’t Un-See the Bias

Once you become aware of something, you keep seeing it all the time. So, almost every time I watched or read something, I saw the media bias: in the way headlines were framed, in what they chose to cover, in the way they devoted the barest minimum time to Clinton’s problems.

To be sure, the media on the Right is often biased as well. The degree to which Sean Hannity carries water for Trump is often amusing to watch. But the mainstream media’s bias is something else, and it affects me personally. It leaves me feeling angry, betrayed, frustrated.

As an immigrant from India who didn’t know much about the politics of this country 15 or 16 years ago, for years I trusted many mainstream outlets to give me an honest view of current events. It is now apparent to me that they haven’t presented an objective picture of current events, but a slanted, curated version that serves their purposes.

As an avid media consumer, I expect from journalists objective, honest, fair-minded presentation, and analysis of all the facts available in any situation without taking sides. Commentators and pundits, of course, can take sides, but they’re still expected to be fair, honest and rational. It is what I, as a part-time opinion columnist, try to do when I write for my city paper.

The minute journalists take sides and favor one side over the other, and try to actively effect a desired outcome, they lose credibility with their viewers and readers. Once lost, that credibility can’t be regained.

The 2016 Election Was a Blizzard of Bias

Throughout 2016, I watched with increasing trepidation what was happening to American journalism. Many media organizations decided to suspend normal journalistic practices to save the republic from Donald Trump, whom they believed was a danger to democracy. I agree that Trump is a danger to democratic norms, but think journalists seriously harmed their institutions by entering the fray.

Some examples: The Times’ left-leaning columnists wrote mostly anti-Trump columns for much of 2016, and acted like Hillary’s problems were happening in a galaxy faraway. Paul Krugman, especially, lost credibility in my eyes for literally becoming a Hillary shill in 2016, insisting repeatedly that her email troubles were overblown and a right-wing concoction.

I couldn’t bear to watch Rachel Maddow in 2016 and still can’t. She’s a fine journalist who has wide knowledge and command of the facts, but her relentless, overdone partisanship was and is too much for me.

Things got so bad that The New York Times issued a post-election letter to its subscribers, saying they looked forward to “rededicat[ing] ourselves to the fundamental mission of Times journalism.” But it was too late, at least for me. The damage was done, and I’ll never look at the paper the same way again.

Preening Is Not the Job of a Reporter

Things got even worse after the election. The mainstream media, shamed and humbled by Trump’s election victory, decided to attack him with a vengeance on everything he said and did.

They didn’t actually have to overdo it. By virtue of his personality, President Trump gave them a lot of material, and they’d have been fine if they’d covered his flaws and missteps straight up. But they overplayed their hand, and not a little. Many mainstream journalists have become a little grandiose. They’ve joined the “Resistance,” and see themselves as grand defenders of democracy, as brave protectors of norms and institutions.

The result is, you see a lot of preening, grandstanding, boundary-crossing journalism. It is painful to watch CNN’s Jim Acosta often preen and editorialize on-air even though he is a White House correspondent and his job is to report. It is painful to watch White House reporter April Ryan ask an overwrought question, such as “Does this [presidential] administration think that slavery is wrong?”

It is equally painful to see that these shenanigans play well with Democratic viewers. Unfortunately, liberal audiences have become so conditioned, so bubble-oriented that they don’t recognize the journalistic malpractice going on before their very eyes.

Donna Brazile’s Accusations Were Big News

What actually prompted me to write this article was something that seemed to me like the last straw. It was the Donna Brazile story—her recent explosive allegations that the 2016 Democratic Party primary was riddled with malpractice, that Hillary had secretly taken over the Democratic National Committee a year before becoming the Democratic nominee.

You’d think this was a huge news story, but not if you were following CBS, NBC, ABC, or The New York Times. In the crucial initial days, these outlets devoted little or no time to it. They covered the story days after Politico broke the story, and Brazile appeared subsequently on “Morning Joe,” ABC’s “This Week,” and so on, but it was too late.

The Times especially outdid itself. It buried the Brazile story deep within a story titled, “Hillary Clinton Gets an Award and Tears are Shed.” In the first couple days when the story broke, I got a better sense of the story when I watched “Tucker Carlson Tonight” and read Glenn Greenwald’s commentary.

By not giving this story the coverage it deserved in the initial days, the mainstream media, in some ways, confirmed to me what President Trump has been saying for some time: that they are often dishonest and biased. Commentators like Michael Kinsley and Glenn Greenwald have written about this general bias. I still watch CNN and enjoy the Times’ non-political articles. But I watch and read their political coverage with cynical, distrusting eyes.

It’s not just our politics that is broken; our media is broken too, and hopelessly. The bias used to be hidden, but now it is open, glaring, and shameless. Our media outlets have become very tribal and are openly rooting for or against the party and politician of their choice—truth, fairness, honesty, justice, and journalistic principles be damned.

I didn’t go to a fancy journalism school, and don’t even have a journalism degree, but I know enough to realize that what is happening is bad, and that when the media self-divide into rabidly partisan camps, citizens suffer and democracy suffers. When Sean Hannity says “journalism has died in America,” I agree with him.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/11/30/im-liberal-agree-sean-hannity-american-journalism-dead/

Edited by Jaydee

Late Saturday, ABC News announced it was suspending network investigative reporter Brian Ross four weeks without pay for an inaccurate report that aired Friday.

The report claimed Donald Trump had directed his eventual National Security Adviser Michael Flynn to contact the Russians while running for president as a candidate.

Ross followed up his reporting later that day with a “clarification,” claiming it was not while Trump was a candidate, but as president-elect.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/12/02/abc-suspends-brian-ross-four-weeks-without-pay/