Need A Little Help..OT

I have 4 iPods...One just quit but I did manage to dump all the music in my computer and then I decided to have a look and hopefully fix it 

ipod01.jpg.f3d4956d969acce86f36c9a268d6d30a.jpg

Those things are really sealed up so got my trusty extra large flat blade screw driver and pried it apart

While doing so there was aloud bang, and a steady stream of greyish, foul smelling smoke poured out of the side and of course our smoke alarms went off !!:rolleyes:

Finally the smoke ceased so I picked it up to look at it...and burnt my finger tips !!:angry:

Anyhow...any of you AME's or other tech wizards think it is salvageable?:P:lol:

ipod02.jpg.2febdcbf112600e5a941805499c9f1b1.jpg

1 hour ago, Innuendo said:

Doesn't it say somewhere, "No user serviceable parts inside"  ?  ;)

You piqued my interest so I pulled it out of the trash and put a magnifying glass on the back...just a serial number........designed by Apple ..Assembled in China......and no..... I do not have the original instructions :lol::lol:

6 hours ago, DEFCON said:

It's got to be really old if it came with instructions.

Actually all iPods come with instructions. All instructions are available and downloadable on the INet as well. Apple does not make anything with an IOS that does not come with instructions

Mine, which "exploded" (battery fire with short circuit caused by screwdriver) was a 5th gen iPod.:icon_butt:

Oh yah, that'll buff right out. 

BTW, here's what you should have done : https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPod+5th+Generation+(Video)+Battery+Replacement/603

I've purchased several replacement kits from this place (batteries, hard drives, etc) from this place.  Followed the directions and been successful with every repair.  Most of their kits include the tools (non-conducting!) to do the job.

Yes, i certainly wish I had thought of that and looked on the Net.....Thanks for the post.:tu:.

To add...I even forgot I have a complete set of Apple tools which I have used to replace the battery on my iPhone...arrrgggghhh !!

The sum total of the "instructions" that come with an iPhone 6 plus could be published in a tweet (149 characters or less)

Apple is a big part of what I am involved in right now.  I don't need no stinking manual :P.

Printed matter in the box is a thing of the past.

Archived