Yeah... I think the guy that "signals the pilot on the runway" should get more that $12/hr. But I think thats a government job anyway.

• Like 2

Good point but the premise that it is not a baggage dude doing it.  Again with the dumbed down for the masses reporting

It comes down to your personal philosophy; are you free market or interventionist?  Do you believe that the skills and talents that a person is born with or develops should be rewarded or do you believe that each person has a right to a minimum quality of lifestyle regardless of their talents or skills?  I flipflop back and forth depending on the day;  sometimes I feel that a baggage handler should be able to raise a family, buy a house, enjoy a decent life but other times I feel that market has decided that this is essentially a minimum wage job and so it must be one.

• Like 1

The situation represents the classic repeating tale of the Haves versus the have-nots.

To be deserving of their ridiculous salary & benefit packages, the executive should I think be capable of serving in every position within the air carrier, which they clearly or not. So then; when the aircraft toilet is plugged, who's more valuable to the operation, the lowly rampy whose very existence minimized by the exec crowd, or the suit that is incapable of little more than talk?