Leafs clinch playoff spot!

conehead

You mean, the TORONTO Maple Leafs?

Unheard of in Stanley Cup history!!!

(...uh, oh, wait a minute, my grand-daughter just reminded me of a Leafs' Stanley Cup win in 1967)

Guess I shoulda gone back more than FIFTY years before making my claim to knowledge of history...

:icon_anal:

The Leafs are a little ahead of schedule, but let's not get overheated either way. This isn't their year to end the Cup drought. It does show, however, the value of spending big money on top management and coaching talent. And for once, under the guidance of the latter, the Leafs didn't rush a rebuild as they have done so often over the past two decades.

2 hours ago, st27 said:

Always wondered about the bag!

Thought you were a fan of the Unknown Comic...

Until this year, and with only a few anomalous exceptions, the past 50 years of Leafs history have been a gong show of terrible management.

20 hours ago, J.O. said:

Until this year, and with only a few anomalous exceptions, the past 50 years of Leafs history have been a gong show of terrible management.

Hasn't bothered the fans. Even with bags on their heads home game are always sold out. 

5 hours ago, Say Again, Over! said:

From a Montreal Habs point of view, I think this qualifies as a political post.  MODERATOR!!  :lol::P

I visited my nephew who recently finished his man cave painted in maple leaf blue. I told him it will be even more perfect when adds some red. 

12 minutes ago, blues deville said:

I visited my nephew who recently finished his man cave painted in maple leaf blue. I told him it will be even more perfect when adds some red. 

Rangers, Islanders or Blue Jackets?

Appears the "Leafs" are in full foliage and the Flames are flickering.  I hope this year that we will see at least one Canadian Team in the finals.  That said I also hope the non attendance of the NHL at the next Olympics will open the door for some of our amazing Juniors to be on our Olympic Team. 

2 hours ago, J.O. said:

No one is holding a tag day for the 2016-17 Leafs. They far exceeded expectations and it wouldn't surprise me if they just lost to the 2017 champions.

Last night was one of the best goal tending games I have watched.....If TO keeps their young team pretty much as is, I think they could be contenders for 2018

Archived