WJ..April Fools a Day Early

Kip Powick

WJ has an advertisement that shows an exec touting Canada's 150 birthday and announces that as a present for Canada  they have re-branded WJ to CANADA AIR.

WJ 737 in the background with the "new" livery".

Probably fool all those folks out in "oil land"

58de5d7c1901f_Mouselaugh.gif.46b8340c11307560d355c82e036c538f.gif

In my opinion, these are stupid at the best of times. Now to even do it on the wrong day... shows it's all about retweets, likes and free advertising.  Guess you can't blame them - it's too bad so many think it's "so funny", "I love WestJet", "WestJet is the best because they are fun", "I'll never fly Air Canada again, because my neighbours friend got stuck in Halifax in 1996".....

Rant over 

I tend to think of these things as "not worth the effort."  Doesn't matter if it's Proctor and Gamble, Ford or Westjet.  I'm generally not able to muster the energy to simply watch the 2 minute video as the jokes seem forced and come off as if they have been vetted by a team of lawyers and public relations consultants, which they probably have.  That being said, Westjet cultivates a image of being fun and irreverent and has a history of doing the April's Fool thing.  If they ever stopped doing it there would be a whole big thing about Westjet "losing it's fun personality" so they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.  Must be tough to come up with an original idea every year and I don't envy the person who has that job.  This year's - "meh", but the one from last year actually was very funny: http://thegate.boardingarea.com/meet-ralfh-the-2016-westjet-april-fools-day-video/

Yes not bad but what did it cost to build all that junk in the airplane. More money than brains?

If I need good live comedy, places like Second City (YYZ & ORD), Yukyuks (YYZ) and Cobbs (SFO) are my sources. Professionally trained to entertain. 

Pick a business. Comedy or air travel. 

3 hours ago, blues deville said:

Yes not bad but what did it cost to build all that junk in the airplane. More money than brains?

If I need good live comedy, places like Second City (YYZ & ORD), Yukyuks (YYZ) and Cobbs (SFO) are my sources. Professionally trained to entertain. 

Pick a business. Comedy or air travel. 

You want a hug?

Even the Russians are into April 1st.

On Saturday, the ministry posted on its Facebook page an audio file of the purported new automated telephone switchboard message for Russian embassies.

“To arrange a call from a Russian diplomat to your political opponent, press 1,” the recording begins, in Russian and English. Press 2 “to use the services of Russian hackers,” and 3 “to request election interference.”

(The English version starts at 0:28)   https://www.facebook.com/MIDRussia/videos/1008139769285464/

Archived