Rona Ambrose on Airport Employees

Jaydee

Perhaps the allegations should be brought up with the police and proven true before the whole thing gets stupid.

We have laws and rules in Canada and being fired without cause is one of them.  Employees get a security check every 5 years (every year for some). 

If they are suspect then report it to the police and start the process.  You cannot just fire someone without cause.  I too have made comments when in a bad mood but that is just venting frustration nothing more.

Due course is warranted.

6 minutes ago, boestar said:

Perhaps the allegations should be brought up with the police and proven true before the whole thing gets stupid.

We have laws and rules in Canada and being fired without cause is one of them.  Employees get a security check every 5 years (every year for some). 

If they are suspect then report it to the police and start the process.  You cannot just fire someone without cause.  I too have made comments when in a bad mood but that is just venting frustration nothing more.

Due course is warranted.

Perhaps but if firing can not happen then as happens with other positions that could have negative effect on the lives of innocents, then surely suspension from duty would be the right action (with pay of course). 

I read yesterday that the airside credentials for these people were revoked immediately when they were identified. No, it's not the same as firing them but it certainly makes anything nefarious much tougher to pull off.

16 hours ago, J.O. said:

I read yesterday that the airside credentials for these people were revoked immediately when they were identified. No, it's not the same as firing them but it certainly makes anything nefarious much tougher to pull off.

Without their RAIC passes, which are a condition of employment, they are unable to access any secure areas.  They are as good as fired.

Now think of this.  What if the comments made by these individuals were taken out of context?  What if it was just (another) case of someone only hearing part of a conversation?  Now you have actually assisted in the radicalization of the individual.

This is EXACTLY what america is doing right now.  They are antagonizing the very people that they assume want to destroy them.  You do not poke a cobra with a stick.

I am an optimist and hope that these individuals are investigated thoroughly and  cleared of any wrong doing.  These days too many lives are ruined by false accusations and false news.

Of course they may be found guilty of the accusations and the vigilance payed off.

I still stand by the fact that we have due course for reporting and acting on those reports.  if we begin to circumvent the laws and protections we have in place then we have nothing left to protect.

Archived