American Airlines FO

From the link.......

Many of the tasks during final approach in a Boeing 737 can be handled safely by a single crew member, but it would significantly increase the stress and workload for the captain.

I guess if the Captain passes away, it is a no stress situation for the FO. ???<_<.......gotta luv the Press....

The FAA said it "will follow up with the airline" to learn more about Wednesday's incident.

Many of the tasks during final approach in a Boeing 737 can be handled safely by a single crew member, but it would significantly increase the stress and workload for the captain.

Were both comments from the FAA or did CNN add their knowledge of 737NG workload management?

3 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

I guess if the Captain passes away, it is a no stress situation for the FO.

If the Capt dies then any stress on the FO is balanced by his delight in moving up a notch on the seniority list.

28 minutes ago, vanishing point said:

How about some respect for the pilot and his family?

Please show me where any posts here indicate a lack of respect for the deceased or his family.  That a brother in arms has " flown west" at a very inopportune time of his life is extremely unfortunate, and that should be considered a given.

I really don't think anyone in this thread has made light of that fact.

The light-hearted comments in this thread are just that,,,,,light-hearted and to admonish any poster in this thread for failing to show  respect for the deceased and his family is unwarranted...IMO

37 minutes ago, vanishing point said:

How about this comment:

"If the Capt dies then any stress on the FO is balanced by his delight in moving up a notch on the seniority list."

That was an inappropriate comment but looks like it's deleted. Case closed. 

Archived