It just might fit...

YYZ's GTAA staff were busy Tuesday morning using an AC 787 to check for new lead-in lines and jetway positioning on T3's "Charlie" 34.

This is the closet I've gotten to a 787. Nice looking machine and I still think the robin egg blue paint looks best. Expensive process I suppose to achieve that oiginal look. Not sure if AC had alternate choices for registering this particular airframe. I might have suggested passing on this combo of letters.

IMG_7382.JPG

IMG_7386.JPG

IMG_7383.JPG

1 hour ago, deicer said:

Now it's a -FUKN Beaver, on floats!

Beaver.jpg

Deicer, every good Canadian knows that's an Otter. :)

I flew one many, many summers ago when the "Otter"pilot got all mad about something and just quit. So now I was flying both the Beaver & Otter. The larger DHC-3 Otter with its big tail was handful on a windy day sometimes as your stepped off a float onto a dock. I didn't have a helper. But I did have a few "holy crap" moments when I least expected them. So I'd have to say they nailed it with that registration.

And a week or so later the "Otter" pilot returned with a whole new attitude. And shortly afterwards I started to get my hearing back. (See where DeHav put the engine exhaust stacks) 

Great photo by the way! 

My first job as a pilot was in Kenora, ON flying a C180 on floats. Registration C-FVDZ. Another good one and not what you're thinking. A continual reminder of my girlfriend back home at the time. Her first name Virginia. Last name started with a D. 

The following summer I got to fly these two Beavers, C-GZJJ and C-FOBY.

ZJJ started out life with the US Army in Guam. It was a beauty with wing tip tanks. OBY was #15 off the assembly line in Downsview, ON built one day in 1947. It was first owned and operated by the Ontario MNR. Harrison Ford owns a beautiful model on wheels. 

IMG_5192.PNG

IMG_5193.PNG

Archived