Where's the pilot?

conehead

When I was in the HFX RCC we had a similar incident. An aircraft was seen crashing into the woods in southern Nova Scotia. When the first responders arrived at the scene, about 6 hours later,  there was no pilot, no pilot body, however his clothes and shoes  were found on the floor near the passenger seat, all doors were closed.

After a lengthy search the only thing we could come up with was that the guy stripped naked, pushed open a door and committed suicide , (the airflow would then close the door)

I believe it was about  2 years later that a hunter found the remains of a male  body in the woods about 100km from the wreckage. Dental records confirmed it was the pilot.

Reference the post above...what is not mentioned is whether the plane had any fuel left when it crashed. This may be the same scenario and perhaps the aircraft ran out of fuel while on auto pilot and then crashed.

I'm thinking the same thing, Kip.  No mention of a post-crash fire so fuel starvation likely.  According to this photo, Manitouwadge is pretty much on a continued straight track from Ann Arbor to Harbor Springs.

Lake Superior doesn't give up her secrets...

IMG_3979.PNG

Archived