AC Website

Air Canada upgraded their reservation website last year although I saw nothing wrong with the old version. In my recent exerience with the new beta site I find it slow and twitchy no matter what device I use, iPad, iMac or PC. Anyone else having issues with its function? I like its appearance and format but it's just really annoying waiting for it to display properly.

Also, I was looking at an AC Toronto-Houston flight that was about $600 return earlier this week. Today with lots of seats still available (according to the site info) the lowest fare is now $2200 for the dates I want for travel. AC Is the only direct flight. All US carriers are much cheaper but travel times thru hub airports adds anywhere from 2-6 hours. 

clear your browser cache and try the flight query again.  you should get a cheaper price.

Many if not all sites store cookies in the browser.  If the site sees you have been shopping around they will bump the price when you come back.  This encourages you to "book now" in order to avoid another increase.

Sites like Travelocity are the worst for this but the airlines do it as well.

13 minutes ago, boestar said:

clear your browser cache and try the flight query again.  you should get a cheaper price.

Many if not all sites store cookies in the browser.  If the site sees you have been shopping around they will bump the price when you come back.  This encourages you to "book now" in order to avoid another increase.

Sites like Travelocity are the worst for this but the airlines do it as well.

Completed as suggested but no change in the air fares. AC is holding all of the cards. I have two weeks to buy a ticket so I will monitor the website. Thanks for the advice. :)

8 minutes ago, Art Garfunkel said:

That route is flown by AC Express (Sky Regional). The fair should be half because that is what AC thinks is fair to pay Express pilots....compared to mainline wages.  

Welcome Art. It's a ridiculous airfare for the length of flight. 

Archived