Any ideas what this Air Canada big event is about?

dagger

9 minutes ago, rudder said:

CR is 62 this year. My bet is 3 more years then Ben Smith will take the reins.

Yup, makes sense.  Three years - just long enough to get everything painted.  Mark this date - Feb 9th, 2020.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, blues deville said:

Just like all CAIL passengers viewed on planes, signs, etc during its time, this symbol for i/e is still clearly understood. Is there a problem? :)

I think you mean it replaces the letter "a" (in English) and the letter "e" (in French)....correct???. Look at your original posting......slight slip of the letter the chevron replaces...right ?? :o

So at first look I was confused and not sure I liked it. But looking at it today more and along with the other branding (did you see the new route map - totally a play on the late 70's/early 80's if I remember correctly) I'm seeing the appeal. I don't mind it actually

10 minutes ago, internet said:

So at first look I was confused and not sure I liked it. But looking at it today more and along with the other branding (did you see the new route map - totally a play on the late 70's/early 80's if I remember correctly) I'm seeing the appeal. I don't mind it actually

Do you mean this map? Seems a little busy. 

IMG_6336.PNG

A more complete look at the new uniforms 

Staff will get new uniforms incorporating the black. In the airline's last redesign more than a decade ago, the uniforms incorporated a dark blue along with red lettering and icons. Now the base colour will be black or grey with red lettering and the maple leaf.

The staff uniforms are by Canadian designer Christopher Bates.

Air Canada new uniforms
Air Canada maintenance

new uniforms.jpg

I like the new Livery...plain and simple and it looks good

All the uniforms except the pilots, look good and have moved with the times

The double breasted jackets should be "out".. Yes I know a few of the legacy airlines are still adorning their HSATDC in double breasted jackets  but I think it is time to move on.............even the Military dropped double breasted jackets decades ago. 

55 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

I like the new Livery...plain and simple and it looks good

All the uniforms except the pilots, look good and have moved with the times

The double breasted jackets should be "out".. Yes I know a few of the legacy airlines are still adorning their HSATDC in double breasted jackets  but I think it is time to move on.............even the Military dropped double breasted jackets decades ago. 

Agreed....the gold buttons look ridiculous 

1 hour ago, Kip Powick said:

Well, next chance to change the uniforms will be in about 10-12 years!  Like it or lump it, this is it for the next decade, at least.

Maybe time to break with all tradition re pilots and their uniforms.  Get rid of the hats, the jackets, the epaulets  and just go with ID tags.  Hmmmm :D

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Maybe time to break with all tradition re pilots and their uniforms.  Get rid of the hats, the jackets, the epaulets  and just go with ID tags.  Hmmmm :D

Actually the AC Pilot uniform is one of the most professional looking out there. One only has to look at what has come of the US carriers pilot uniforms (including the no hat/backpack brigade) to see how unprofessional a change in appearance standard can be. The double breasted tunic forces the wearer to do it up. Single breasted is typically left undone and looks sloppy. Some like hats, some don't. The purpose of the hat is to readily identify the pilot(s). Mission accomplished.

11 minutes ago, rudder said:

Actually the AC Pilot uniform is one of the most professional looking out there. One only has to look at what has come of the US carriers pilot uniforms (including the no hat/backpack brigade) to see how unprofessional a change in appearance standard can be. The double breasted tunic forces the wearer to do it up. Single breasted is typically left undone and looks sloppy. Some like hats, some don't. The purpose of the hat is to readily identify the pilot(s). Mission accomplished.

I disagree.  Since AC went to off the rack, the majority of pilots have very poor fitting uniforms and that makes them look sloppy.  Combine the poor fit with the double breasted cut and big gold buttons and it makes the pilot look unprofessional simply because the outfit is so ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Homerun said:

I disagree.  Since AC went to off the rack, the majority of pilots have very poor fitting uniforms and that makes them look sloppy.  Combine the poor fit with the double breasted cut and big gold buttons and it makes the pilot look unprofessional simply because the outfit is so ridiculous.

Uniform fit is a quality control issue. In the case of AC it seems that this is a vendor issue. Uniform fit and resulting professional appearance certainly were more reliable in years gone by. Perhaps there will be a rethink of the 'off the rack' supply model with the rollout of the new employee uniforms.

Archived