Any ideas what this Air Canada big event is about?

dagger

Six days' lead time for a simultaneous announcement in three cities about the future of Canada's flag carrier?

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/media-advisory---air-canada-to-unveil-the-future-of-canadas-flag-carrier-at-events-in-toronto-montreal-and-vancouver-612679643.html?ispopup=y

Is Celine Dion singing a new tune for AC?

Just curious

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dagger said:

Six days' lead time for a simultaneous announcement in three cities about the future of Canada's flag carrier?

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/media-advisory---air-canada-to-unveil-the-future-of-canadas-flag-carrier-at-events-in-toronto-montreal-and-vancouver-612679643.html?ispopup

Is Celine Dion singing a new tune for AC?

Just curious

I heard it maybe a new livery  ala Rouge for mainline fleet.

:cool::cool::cool:

2 minutes ago, rudder said:

The blue has got to go.

Red on white. Iconic. Traditional AC. Makes one think of Canada.

Speaking of "Canada First", I wonder if AC might consider repatriating some of the maintenance work and call-centre functions it off-shored when the dollar reached par with USD in the oil boom. I'm thinking third party maintenance contracts, not a return to in-house "heavy" work a la ACTS.

Likely that the 737's and the new 787's will arrive on the property later this year in new livery. Migration of old paint to new paint on existing fleet will take years although the mainline NB Airbus will start to leave the fleet later in the year with 190's staring to leave fleet in late 2019.

The blue paint with the metal flecks was expensive. And the decals on the tail were problematic and subject to wear and tear.

New uniforms to be publicly unveiled soon as well, possibly part of the media event next week.

Looks to be a party. 

Surprise Employee/Retiree Event

ac_white100x84t.pngAIR CANADA NEWS

Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver

You’re invited to a surprise employee event on February 9!

Employees, retirees, and friends and family are invited to attend a surprise event on Thursday, February 9 in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver.

Children are welcome! Tasty treats and child-friendly activities will be available at all event locations. This event promises to be entertaining and engaging; you don’t want to miss it!

What you need to know

Date: Thursday, February 9, 2017

Time: Please note that due to the different time zones, Vancouver event times are earlier.

- Montreal

3:00 pm – 8:00 pm

- Toronto

3:00 pm – 8:00 pm

- Vancouver

12:00 pm – 5:00 pm

• Montreal Headquarters (Building 3)

• Toronto Airport (Bay 7)

• Vancouver Operations Centre

Important Notes:

• PLEASE REMEMBER: Employees and retirees will be required to show Air Canada identification and must accompany their friends and family.

• A combined maximum of eight (8) friends and family members can accompany an employee.

Stay tuned for more information to come early next week!

It's interesting to see what has become acceptable to the eye with regards to graphic design on airplanes. Showing only a small part of the maple leaf logo is enough. Years ago C3 experimented with not repeating the full name on the tail but rather the term being used by all of the travel agents. This version on C-FOON arrived from Seattle however it didn't get the acceptance Kinnear was looking for and was soon returned to the full name on the tail. Angus told me too many people didn't like the letter "C" being cut off. I thought it was brilliant and told him so. 

IMG_4604.PNG

1 hour ago, Kip Powick said:

Does anyone know if the AC roundel is now closed at the bottom?

I once heard that the circle was not closed because AC did not fly completely  "around " the globe.

I thought it was open at the bottom to let the bilge water run out.

I heard there's black involved. Interiors fwiw have migrated very much to grey/red at both rouge and mainline. And the new uniforms are charcoal. I liked the blue but I'm in the minority. Regardless it's time for a refresh and can't wait to see what it looks like.

14 minutes ago, Zan Vetter said:

I heard there's black involved. Interiors fwiw have migrated very much to grey/red at both rouge and mainline. And the new uniforms are charcoal. I liked the blue but I'm in the minority. Regardless it's time for a refresh and can't wait to see what it looks like.

The only way that I could see some black is a 'retro' paint job giving tribute to 60's/70's livery. Hope that is not the case.

Red and white. Keep it simple. 

The interiors and front line uniforms look good with the grey tones and red accents. Interesting that Express has gone blue with some new seat coverings. Not sure if that will be fleet wide.

Archived