Multiple dead, 2 arrested after shooting at Quebec City mosque

Lakelad

"An Israeli citizen can't travel to any of the countries on Trump's travel "interruption" list ever, no matter what their religious affiliation"

I'd like to see Saudi Arabia, but that's not possible unless I'm on business. Even then, Meca's off the list of places infidels can tread.

A very scary prognosis. The Donald has not uttered a single breath to acknowledge the horror in St. Foy last week. This is most likely why:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/04/opinions/facts-matter-terror-threat-aslan/index.html

An excerpt -

But let's pretend, for a moment, that facts actually matter, especially when it comes to the safety of American citizens. Here are the facts about terrorism in the United States:
  • Americans are almost seven times as likely to be killed by a white extremist than by an Islamic one, according to one study.
  • Citing a 2013 study, the New York Times notes: "Right-wing extremists averaged 337 attacks per year in the decade after 9/11, causing a total of 254 fatalities."
  • According to the Anti-Defamation League, "domestic extremist killers" killed more people in 2015 than any other year since Oklahoma City in 1995 (In fact, here is a list of radical right wing terrorist plots, conspiracies and attacks since 1995).

(I think you'll have to access the actual article to enable the links...).  Further, from the article:

Trump didn't just become the white nationalist candidate because his positions reflected their ideology. He became their candidate because, as Mother Jones notes, "he amplified their message." As one member of the Ku Klux Klan told the magazine, "the success of the Trump campaign just proves that our views resonate with millions."

No wonder there have been such celebrations among these groups. One user on the white nationalist site Storm Front wrote this in response to Trump's order: "If we keep having days like this, we might see the end of forced integration during the Trump Presidency."

Simply put, by promising to no longer focus on white supremacist, anti-government, and right-wing extremist groups, President Trump is doing what most politicians do after being elected: he is taking care of his own.

I always like Carlin and made the effort to see him twice; he was a funny guy.

On the other hand, Carlin was only a man with loads of political views, opinions, one vote and an incredible gift that served him well.

Are you saying Trump is to blame for this gutter trash too Deicer?

Yes Moon. The article you've posted is an example of the kind of hateful speech and rhetoric that's fuelling riotous behaviour on the Left side & causing the extreme Right to emerge from their dens and voice their disgusting opinions too.

Archived