3 hours ago, blues deville said:

He made some big money with Mattel and then they let him go. A storage unit company and a Boston (Shark Tank) cupcake shop keeps him busy now. Not PM material. 

And an under employed, 2 year teacher was / is?

• Like 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess we run in different circles... I don't hear anyone laughing - but I hear a few like you with zero substance complaints and baseless derogatory comments.  I like reality. Facts. I'm n

Oh great - his circus sideshow will make Justin's immature antics look like a Sunday picnic. I'd rather bring back Stephen Harper than let that clown anywhere near the PM's chair. Heaven help us ...

I think that most people are laughing at him. But, he does have nice hair.

On 18/01/2017 at 10:44 AM, seeker said:

I'm waiting for him to respond in English to a French question next time he's in Ontario - wonder how long I'll have to wait for that to happen?

He already did it...

"On Wednesday Trudeau at first defended his behaviour saying he answered a question asked in French in English in Ontario at the start of his tour."

http://montrealgazette.com/news/quebec/justin-trudeau-raked-over-the-coals-for-french-answers-to-english-questions

Much about nothing... 

If this is all you can get at, or complain about his education or work history then I think your complaints are pretty thin.

Let's get on with it...

• Like 1
7 hours ago, j.k. said:

I guess we run in different circles...

I don't hear anyone laughing - but I hear a few like you with zero substance complaints and baseless derogatory comments. 

I like reality. Facts. I'm not a Trudeau fan, I'd prefer a few things run differently, but overall he's getting more done than the Harper Government did... 

Barely one year in - after being handed a shiit sandwich economically with oil tanking and the US now turning inward and we have 2 pipelines, plus keystone coming, we stood tall against the Belgians and secured CETA, there's a middle class tax cut, firm action on carbon emissions, continued support to our allies in eastern Europe, valuable action in the Middle East, and a leading contribution to the refugee crisis. We have Americans and Europeans who want to move here. We are the last bastion of the progressives, yet still able to close a multimillion dollar weapons deal with the Saudis...

I don't have a problem with trashing Trudeau, but might as well get something to take to task because you're offering nothing... Kinda like the Conservative party offers nothing... Rona, Raitt, Leitch, Maxime... now O'Leary... LOL.. 

Give me Mulroney anyday over these hacks...

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good argument.......

I read that article when it was first published Kip. Thanks for reminding me again of the O'Leary illusion though...

Deicer, I'd like to hear some truth and real criticism of Trudeau vs. what's being offered here... which is pretty empty generalisations...

• Like 1
10 hours ago, j.k. said:

We are the last bastion of the progressives, yet still able to close a multimillion dollar weapons deal with the Saudis...

Right on! Can't get clean water to First Nations but definitely head of the class when it comes to being 'progressive'.

'Under the new procedures, trans passengers can request a search by a male or a female officer, or they can request a "split search," where a female searches one half of the body and a male officer searches the other half.'

14 minutes ago, Airband said:

How much more moronic can western civilization get?  :wacko:

"I've had breast augmentation so I need a female to check the top half of my body but I still have my "package" so I need a male to check my crotch."  I can somewhat understand identifying as one gender or another and requesting to be searched by the same gender but what brain contortions are required to believe that different genders are needed to for different parts of the same body?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Airband said:

Right on! Can't get clean water to First Nations but definitely head of the class when it comes to being 'progressive'.

Like this is a new problem?

How many governments have come and gone and nothing... and you feign outrage from your armchair...

I wonder what people living the issue have to say?

The prime minister did not make any new announcements in Fort Qu'Appelle on Tuesday, but noted the federal budget's announcement of investments in education, housing, health care facilities and clean drinking water.

He said the government is taking significant steps to renew the relationship in an open and respectful way and to take concrete actions.

File Hills Qu'Appelle Tribal Council chairman Edmund Bellegarde said he believes Trudeau.

"This is the first sign that we have a true commitment, that we have a meaningful conversation, that we have a meaningful relationship," said Bellegarde.

He said no other prime minister has sat down for a conversation with the tribal council, and the very action of Trudeau listening to the tribal concerns is a change 140 years in the works.

"This is historic. This is reshaping the relationship. This is adding respect," Bellegarde said. "This is recognizing the indigenous peoples of this country have a role to play in the constitutional framework, but also in the public policy that needs to change, where it impacts our people."

There are many similar stories, in fact Canadian indigenous people voted in record numbers in the last election and overwhelmingly they supported and continue to believe in Trudeau...

is it perfect? can it ever be? but it seems he's making advances that benefit a broad section of Canadian interests...

and getting the pipeline expansion through native territories approved in short order - which Harper couldn't do in nearly 10 years of trying...

seems collaboration and cooperation works?

2 hours ago, j.k. said:

and getting the pipeline expansion through native territories approved in short order

The native communities along the B.C. routes had already given approval.  It is the natives that live hundreds of miles away that voiced their dissent.

36 minutes ago, Fido said:

The native communities along the B.C. routes had already given approval.  It is the natives that live hundreds of miles away that voiced their dissent.

Are you sure? I thought this protest was still in the works: 

Battle against Kinder Morgan far from over, say First Nations

By KATYA SLEPIAN
January 17, 2017 · Updated 4:30 PM 

The federal and provincial governments may have approved the Trans Mountain pipeline extension, but that doesn’t mean the fight is over, according to three First Nations who’ve launched legal challenges.

“We are all finding legal means to try and get the decision overturned because of the inadequate consultation with First Nations,” Tsleil-Waututh Nation elected council Charlene Aleck told reporters Tuesday in downtown Vancouver.

"We all stand together to show that our main threat and concern is the salmon-bearing water."Members of the Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish Nation and Coldwater Indian Band hosted the news conference to stand together in their opposition to the $6.8-billion expansion, which would triple the Kinder Morgan pipeline’s capacity to capacity to 890,000 barrels per day, and result in a seven-fold increase in tanker traffic through Vancouver harbour.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced his government’s approval on Nov. 29, saying he believed the project was safe for B.C. and would help keep oil from travelling by rail across the country, at greater risk to communities.

The B.C. government gave the green light last week. Premier Christy Clark said the company had met its five conditions for new oil pipeline construction, including B.C. getting its fair share of the project’s benefits and the company building a world-class response system to spills.

At least five First Nations have launched separate legal challenges against Kinder Morgan, Aleck said.

Coldwater Indian Band Chief Lee Stahan said the pipeline route through their local aquifer is just feet away from creeks that his nation depends on for both drinking water and salmon.

“The Crown acknowledged that if there was a spill or release from the pipeline, it would be impossible to remediate the aquifer to potable standards,” said Stahan. “We would never be able to drink our water again but unfortunately Crown and Kinder Morgan failed to address this grave risk.”

Squamish Nation Chief Ian Campbell said the way the decisions were made harked back to the days when First Nations land rights were trampled over.

“For the Squamish Nation, it is not the proponent’s obligation to consult, it is that of the Crown and the Crown has failed in their consultation with the Squamish Nation.”

Not exactly miles away.   

Our Tsleil-Waututh ancestors traveled far and wide. As reflected in traditional use studies and archaeological evidence, our ancestors utilized and occupied a vast area. For treaty negotiation purposes, our territory, consisting of around 1865 square kilometers (720 square miles), was described to encompass the natural landmarks of Mt. Garibaldi in the north, Coquitlam Lake in the east, Howe Sound to the west, and the Fraser River in the south. The heart of our community is now centered around the Burrard Inlet, between Maplewood Flats and Deep Cove in North Vancouver, British Columbia.

What indian bands land claim and where there reserves are actually located are two different things.

The closest of those bands are in a dispute with other bands who actually have the pipeline route crossing their reserves.  The ones that have the pipeline on their reserve actually want the pipeline.

2 hours ago, Fido said:

What indian bands land claim and where there reserves are actually located are two different things.

The closest of those bands are in a dispute with other bands who actually have the pipeline route crossing their reserves.  The ones that have the pipeline on their reserve actually want the pipeline.

Are you talking about Kinder Morgan or perhaps mixing it up with "Northern Gateway", when some bands liked it and others did not? The reason I ask is that according to https://ecocidealert.com/?tag=tsleil-waututh some of the bands whose land is crossed by the existing pipeline (Kinder Morgan /) and the planned expansion are not onboard.

J

Upon completion, it will triple the amount of bitumen transported to the Lower Mainland, increasing the number of oil tankers moving through Burrard Inlet from some 60 ships per year to more than 400.

"Kevin O'Leary's entry into the Conservative leadership race has propelled him to the front of the field, with more than double the support of his nearest rival. Still, more than a third of interested voters don't support any of the current candidates," said Forum Research President, Dr. Lorne Bozinoff. "

http://poll.forumresearch.com/data/5c0ebf22-45a0-488e-929f-f8579ccbdd67FED_Conservative_Leadership_(012217).pdf

Edited by Jaydee

I'm not taking a side in the present fight, but something came up that demands clarification.

"Like this is a new problem?

How many governments have come and gone and nothing... and you feign outrage from your armchair...

I wonder what people living the issue have to say?"

No government is responsible for this mess. The taxpayer has already spent plenty on water for this Band. It was the Natives themselves that failed for no good reason and let everyone down.

Natives insist on creating, maintaining and living in third world environments. For our part, we are the enablers and will be the responsible party for the groups ultimate demise.

If the location of a given reserve is so remote that interaction with the first world is impossible, but the youth are able to see it through electronic media, but not take part in the modern experience, it's pretty easy to appreciate a young person's sense of entrapment and corresponding feeling of hopelessness, which leaves suicide as the only reasonable way out of their circumstances.