I'm not sure he's the "best" guy for the job but I'd pick him over the leftist, feminist, selfie-posing, PC option.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/oleary-conservative-leadership-race-1.3940596

It's finally official: Kevin O'Leary will run to become leader of the Conservative Party of Canada.

After months of flirting with the idea, he picked the morning after the French leadership debate and used a video on his Facebook page to declare his candidacy.

"You know why? I listened to you," he said in the video posted Wednesday, thanking the "40,000" Canadians he said went to his website and encouraged him to enter the race.

• Like 2
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess we run in different circles... I don't hear anyone laughing - but I hear a few like you with zero substance complaints and baseless derogatory comments.  I like reality. Facts. I'm n

Oh great - his circus sideshow will make Justin's immature antics look like a Sunday picnic. I'd rather bring back Stephen Harper than let that clown anywhere near the PM's chair. Heaven help us ...

I'm not sure he's the "best" guy for the job but I'd pick him over the leftist, feminist, selfie-posing, PC option.   http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/oleary-conservative-leadership-race-1.39

Unfortunately I think it's mostly for show.  It's unlikely that he will actually win the leadership due to the "no speaka da french" factor.  K.O. is a bit of a blowhard so announcing and making a show of running gives him, and his cronies, a platform to voice concerns and drive the narrative for a while.  That's about all they'll get for their money but it's probably worth it if they can get certain issues added or deleted from the campaign of the eventual winner.

Just what we need !

A P.M. that wants to ship all manufacturing to  China. A man that hates unions and feels we all should work for minimum wage. God forbid you think you have a right to " Free Bargaining" ! 

I agree completly, the world should revolve around the rich folks ! Everyone else should starve !

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gumbi said:

So condescending...

Relax, it's just a little joke.  Personally I think being able to speak both of our two official languages is an essential skill for any prospective PM and a valuable skill for everyone else - I wish I was bilingual too.

BTW, if you want condescension - found it!  :arrowd:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau refused Tuesday to respond in English to several questions put to him in English in Sherbrooke, Que., telling the town hall meeting that because he was in Quebec he would speak French.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/justin-trudeau-refuses-to-speak-english-to-those-who-asked-him-questions-in-english-at-sherbrooke-town-hall

I'm waiting for him to respond in English to a French question next time he's in Ontario - wonder how long I'll have to wait for that to happen?

Edited by seeker

Wasn't a fan, but look what happened in the US. Most folks are fed up with the current politicians. If Trump turns out to be effective in his first 100 days, bet O'Leary will get a good look over, French speaking or not. 

Interesting times ahead. 

O'Leary might have had a chance if Trump had not run.

As it is, he's already late to the game of disrespecting the process (entering late just to avoid a debate he would have looked weak in) and the US is slowly waking up to what happens when you confuse reality TV with real life.  By the time the leadership race is really underway, the twitterverse will be smouldering. 

But then again, one should never underestimate the power of ignorance and base emotion.

Vs

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Vsplat said:

But then again, one should never underestimate the power of ignorance and base emotion.

One should never underestimate the reaction to arrogance and to a leader who is out of touch with the average voter - there, fixed it for you!

There is no place for O'Leary and no place for Trump except for the place that's created by the guy who filled/fills the spot before them.  The Liberals consider themselves to be the Natural Governing Party of Canada, of course when they lose touch with the people it doesn't seem so natural anymore.

8 minutes ago, Vsplat said:

I just hope and wish for less apocalyptic twitches from future voters expressing their collective irritation with a leader.

Yeah, sure, and for my birthday I want a pony.  Neither is realistic.

3 hours ago, J.O. said:

Oh great - his circus sideshow will make Justin's immature antics look like a Sunday picnic. I'd rather bring back Stephen Harper than let that clown anywhere near the PM's chair. Heaven help us ...

Just when the last great circus is closing it's doors, no time for this clown at all, fit's the same mo as the ultimate clown below 49! "It's ALL about me"!!

O'Leary will pretty much say or do anything to get attention. That's Trump Lite stuff

https://news.vice.com/story/fact-check-kevin-oleary-is-very-very-wrong-about-defense-spending-and-deficits

And let's see his Canadian tax returns, assuming he files any.

http://business.financialpost.com/news/kevin-olearys-business-history-back-in-spotlight-after-entering-race-for-conservative-party-leader

Mark McQueen, the chief executive of Wellington Financial LP, is one of the doubters. He has researched and criticized O’Leary’s former mutual fund company, and said he doesn’t think his  pitch will work with Canadian voters.

“Canadians will soon see through his bombast when they find out he’s actually failed in business time and time and time again,” McQueen said in an email. “Kevin O’Leary is ‘all hat, no cattle’. Canadians deserve better.”

11 hours ago, mo32a said:

Well that didn't take long to split along political lines.

When the Left starts attacking you day one, that is great news. Their fear is plainly evident as they finally see a candidate that will crush their boy wunder.

Notice the Left isn't attacking any of the other PC candidates?

I expect the same devious, immoral tactics from the Liberals we saw deployed from the Democrats. Going to be a long 2 years as we watch the CBC and Trudeau Star go ballistic.`

Edited by Jaydee
  • Like 1

I would be looking fwd to Trudeau debating anyone that would challenge his repetitive cliche talking points and question his governments targets and financial forecasts. During the election debates, he made statements that he just skated on and the opponents let him glide. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, deicer said:

It is long but it is a well written article and if only 1/2 of it were true it certainly  paints a picture of a man I would not want to do business with, nor would I like to see him in any capacity as a member of any government.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

It is long but it is a well written article and if only 1/2 of it were true it certainly  paints a picture of a man I would not want to do business with, nor would I like to see him in any capacity as a member of any government.

Yeah, he does come off as fairly greasy.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Jaydee said:

When the Left starts attacking you day one, that is great news. Their fear is plainly evident as they finally see a candidate that will crush their boy wunder.

I expect the same devious, immoral tactics from the Liberals we saw deployed from the Democrats. Going to be a long 2 years as we watch the CBC and Trudeau Star go ballistic.`

Didn't take the CBC to get on a CNN type bandwagon.......

http://www.cbc.ca/comedy/canada-announces-shitty-remake-of-flashy-american-show-1.3940897