Shootings and Knifings

1 minute ago, seeker said:

At a June 22 press conference, Trudeau announced that as of July 7, Canadians applying for a firearm license will now have to undergo a background check that covers their entire life, not just the past five years.

"In the last few days alone, we've seen heartbreaking gun violence in some of our cities," Trudeau said, likely referring to a shooting in Toronto that injured three children.

What a dishonest idiot.  What are the odds that the person doing the shooting had a firearms licence?  Zero.  What are the odds that the person doing the shooting could pass a background that covered the last 24 hours, let a lone 5 years or lifetime?  Zero.  100% meaningless virtual signalling to a political base that is too lazy or stupid to think it through.

It is all about votes and he is sowing the field with lots of fertilizer. 

5 minutes ago, Kargokings said:

It is all about votes and he is sowing the field with lots of fertilizer. 

I'm actually more angry with the people who vote for him than Trudeau himself.  You can't fault a greasy parasite for being a greasy parasite.  I don't like them but it is in their nature.

The sad reality of this political game  will be that parliament recesses for the summer, all the unfinished business of parliamentary reports (sex assaults in the military, we scandal, Phac  Chinese scientists, Covid vaccines, payout to Trudeau friends etc), rebukes by the speaker of the house, all the embarrassments of the liberals will be forgotten over the summer….Trudeau claims he conquered Covid and calls an election for September before the embarrassments  can be raised in parliament again and a naive/bought off citizenry re-elects this idiot, this time with a majority! Sunny ways, my friends, Sunny ways. Listen to the following link and decide.

The country is doomed.

• Thanks 1

Let's hear it for the Democrats!

As a graphic video of a vile Chicago shooting over the weekend made rounds on local and social media – but not national news – the founder of an award-winning Democrat PAC claimed the victims deserved it, then deleted his account.

https://www.rt.com/usa/527205-chicago-shooting-democrat-twitter/

4 hours ago, seeker said:

the founder of an award-winning Democrat PAC claimed the victims deserved it,

I don't ever remember a period (in my lifetime) when large numbers of elected officials (and their supporters) were as horrid and hateful as they are now. 

Some of this borders on pure evil and their actions now have potential long term consequences and the possibility (I say likelihood) of outliving what might otherwise have be seen as temporary insanity. Immigration and policing come to mind as self inflicted long term issues.

I've come to realize that first hand experience with that which you absolutely don't want is far more valuable than most people think.... I'm left wondering how many die hard progressives have ever been to Africa.

A healthy democracy relies on citizens believing that they will not be treated unfairly if their side loses an election. The alternative is unpalatable as the only way to get rid of dragons is to have one of your own.

Edited by Wolfhunter

11 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

I've come to realize that first hand experience with that which you absolutely don't want is far more valuable than most people think.... I'm left wondering how many die hard progressives have ever been to Africa.

A healthy democracy relies on citizens believing that they will not be treated unfairly if their side loses an election.

Or indeed how many think they are above the consequences of their political postulating.  After all, they retire with great pensions and a place in history.  🤬

7 hours ago, Kargokings said:

This is always problematic in large organizations. It takes years to replace the sudden loss of experience and the individuals lost (during those tough times) are usually through voluntary attrition and usually your best performers. So, invariably you lose those you can least afford to and you retain those you would have preferred not to retain.

Recruitment is the other side of this coin, when you recruit en mass for a job widely seen as undesirable (for what ever reason, pay, working conditions etc) you usually attract less suitable candidates than you would have in happier times when you had more applicants than positions.

The net result is that you exasperate the very issues you sought to eliminate by defunding in the first place and it all happens at the very time you can least afford it.  The MBA crew will always assert that's not true, I have yet to see them be right though. Soon (I think) you will see movement toward a nationalized (federal) force available to replace municipal departments, it's the only way (they see) to limit sanctuary jurisdiction effects and enforce laws that would otherwise have been rejected out of hand.  

The second amendment implications here (it makes the US a bit different) could be a whole new thread.... they need to get busy on that front concurrently (right away actually). Along the way, you will see very little analysis as to why the "crime wave" exists, only calls to action about correcting it. Because the effects of this wave are felt most brutally by black and ethnic communities, any resistance or calls for rational analysis will be spun as racist.... they will assert that an emergency exists, that public safety is paramount and that the threat from right wing, white supremacists warrants extreme measures.

When these things stop being predictable my universe will collapse.

Edited by Wolfhunter

On 6/24/2021 at 5:05 AM, Wolfhunter said:

This is always problematic in large organizations. It takes years to replace the sudden loss of experience and the individuals lost (during those tough times) are usually through voluntary attrition and usually your best performers. So, invariably you lose those you can least afford to and you retain those you would have preferred not to retain.

Recruitment is the other side of this coin, when you recruit en mass for a job widely seen as undesirable (for what ever reason, pay, working conditions etc) you usually attract less suitable candidates than you would have in happier times when you had more applicants than positions.

The net result is that you exasperate the very issues you sought to eliminate by defunding in the first place and it all happens at the very time you can least afford it.  

When these things stop being predictable my universe will collapse.

Yep. And similar to 911, the fabricated dangerously porous boarder situation here and In the US, Covid and Global warming terror, the solution will appear to almost have been ready before the crisis.

Spoiler alert:

The solution will entail less rights for us and our children.

Edited by Eddy

With the liberal spending to date, projected deficits, and millions here and millions there, I don’t think joe average cares/understands where Trudeau spends our $$$$$.

10 minutes ago, st27 said:

With the liberal spending to date, projected deficits, and millions here and millions there, I don’t think joe average cares/understands where Trudeau spends our $$$$$.

Sadly, it appears most don't care where the money is going either..... 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There's a lot of this going on now and shutting down fast food outlets seems like a reasonable course of action. Fast food is systemically racist because white servers are statistically more likely to get the orders of black people wrong.

https://www.torontosun.com/news/world/gun-pulled-in-dispute-over-salt-on-mcdonalds-french-fries-cops

Besides, nobody needs fast food and those who do should forfeit their right to medical care and police protection from thugs.

See how stupid that sounds?

Edited by Wolfhunter

Righting the ship...

Criminal defence lawyers sound alarm over Ford government's new justice of the peace appointees

Critics accuse government of 'stacking' the bench,' while it says it's improving diversity

Unlike judges, justices of the peace don't preside over criminal prosecutions. But they do determine if an accused person should receive bail or stay behind bars while they await trial. They also can decide whether to grant police a search warrant, and allow production orders for things like telephone and banking records to be turned over to the police.

"pushing it toward a conservative outlook on what public safety means, on what justice looks like."

7 hours ago, Airband said:

Righting the ship...

Criminal defence lawyers sound alarm over Ford government's new justice of the peace appointees

Critics accuse government of 'stacking' the bench,' while it says it's improving diversity

"pushing it toward a conservative outlook on what public safety means, on what justice looks like."

Compared to what it is, it can only be an improvement. At present it’s a joke!

Not a shooting or knifing but I am getting the same feeling ……”nothing to see here folks, move along” wrt the murder of the Toronto Police Officer in the parking lot of City Hall.

Umar Zameer, 31, was charged with first-degree murder after appearing in court at Old City Hall on Friday.

A publication ban has been issued and no further details about the incident will be released at this time, police said.

Nothing else after Jul 3…..no motive, no links, no circumstances which led to the murder. And of course, no reference to his faith….had it been a white guy murdering an officer of colour, we would have been bombarded with theories on hate crime, islamophobia and Trudeau would have had nonstop press releases..

Our pm’s conduct so far has been disgusting other than a small tweet and a statement from his lap dog Blair. Sad commentary on where this pms priorities lie. Imo

Did we ever find out the background or intentions of the Danforth Shooter? More silence…you don’t need to know….move along folks …

It's not April 1st so I guess, sadly,  this is "real"

Gun resembling Lego toy sparks backlash in US

Published
5 hours ago
The customised Block19 gun advertised by US manufacturer Culper PrecisionIMAGE COPYRIGHTINSTAGRAM/CULPER PRECISION
image captionThe customised Block19 firearm has been described as irresponsible and dangerous

A US gun company is facing a backlash for producing a pistol that looks like a children's toy made of Lego.

Culper Precision said its customised Glock weapon, named Block19, was developed to "highlight the pure enjoyment of the shooting sports".

But Danish toymaker Lego has written to the company demanding that it stop producing the weapon, which is covered in what looks like Lego bricks.

Gun control campaigners described the pistol as irresponsible and dangerous.

Shannon Watts, of the Everytown for Gun Safety campaign group, said her organisation had contacted Lego about the customised Block19 last week, and that the Danish company had then sent a "cease and desist" letter to Culper Precision.

Ms Watts also criticised the gun company, which is based in Utah, saying there was a risk that children may be drawn to use firearms "even when guns don't look like toys".

Culper Precision said in a statement that it had chosen to release the Block19 in an attempt to show that guns were "for everyone" and that "owning and shooting firearms responsibly is a really enjoyable activity".

It added that the firearm could only be purchased by those legally permitted to own a gun.

Culper Precision president Brandon Scott told the Washington Post newspaper that after discussions with a lawyer he decided to comply with the request from Lego.

The weapon appears to have since been removed from the gun manufacturer's website.

It is illegal in the US to produce a children's toy that precisely resembles a real gun, but the laws do not explicitly prevent manufacturers from making a gun that resembles a toy.

Accidents involving children and firearms are on the increase in the US. More than 140 people were killed in such gun-related incidents last year.

image.png