Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm

Shootings and Knifings

Outlaws with guns.  Whoda thunk it?

Clearly a ban on improvised weapons is in order. Or maybe bicycles.... why would anyone need a bicycle:

April 26, 2019
Winnipeg, Manitoba 

image.jpg
Numbers show the use of these improvised guns in Winnipeg is on the rise. (File image)

A homemade danger in Winnipeg is growing.

Winnipeg police say a suspect entered a Notre Dame Avenue restaurant and lounge Thursday night and headed towards the counter. He then allegedly pointed a firearm at an employee and demanded money.

Insp. Max Waddell say the weapon used in the alleged robbery was an improvised gun.

"It's no different than using a real firearm,” said Waddell

Waddell said in a lot of cases the firearms are made from bicycle parts and springs, which is a contributing factor to the increase in bike thefts tied in with the meth crisis.

"One common theme that were seeing in the city of Winnipeg right now is the use of parts from bicycles and that goes hand in hand with the methamphetamine trade. It’s used as a commodity to be bought and sold,” said Waddell

It's not just bike parts.

Two years ago police showed off a collection of improvised firearms using various items including a cane and a broom handle.

Numbers show the use of these improvised guns in Winnipeg is on the rise. In 2016 police seized three weapons, in 2017 they seized six and in 2018 it was over 60.

Waddell said while they're not made of real gun parts the bullets are real and they can have the same impact as a legitimate firearm.

"I can tell you a number of these improvised firearms have been used in significant and serious incidents in the city over the past year meaning 2018,” said Waddell

As for the suspect in the alleged robbery, police say patrons in the restaurant approached him from behind, disarmed him and held him until officers arrived.

52-year-old Eric John Lecoy has been charged with robbery as well as a number of other offences. He is in custody.

More dumb criminals......speeding in the middle of the night and you have illegal stuff on board.....I get it .... WE BAD!!

“Leeds County Ontario Provincial Police officers seized two loaded handguns while arresting four people early Wednesday morning.

Police stopped a westbound vehicle allegedly travelling at almost twice the posted speed limit on Highway 401, in Leeds and the Thousand Islands, at about 2:10 a.m. There was cannabis readily available to the driver, said police.

Officers reportedly located and seized two loaded handguns.

All four occupants of the vehicle were charged with two counts of possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose, possession of prohibited or restricted firearm/ammunition, carrying a concealed weapon, and being the occupant of a vehicle knowing there was a firearm, as well as one count of possession of more than 30 grams of dried cannabis in a public place.

Cathy Orestil, 21, of Montreal, was also charged with two counts of unauthorized possession of a firearm and one count of the Highway Traffic Act offence of stunt driving.

Steven Brice Pierre, 20, of Montreal, faces two counts of knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order and failing to comply with a probation order.

Kevin Raminaraine, 19, of Terrebonne, Quebec was charged with two counts of possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order, knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm and failing to comply with a recognizance, as well as one count of possession of break-in instruments.”

1 hour ago, deicer said:

Toronto's gun buy back program seems to be a success.

Only to those who don't understand the problem and can't envision a reasonable solution. 

I'm hoping it comes here too, I have a few duds I'd like to unload for 6 times their value; I only still have them because they are virtually worthless. The more you know about these things the more you despair.... the comment below is exactly right:

“What I see from that picture is someone that figured they could get $350 instead of $50-$150,” said Mark Morelli.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-gun-buyback-screw-up

BTW, I'll be gone at the end of the month. Just wait 12 days and you will be able to post stuff like this with absolute impunity.

PS: The pictures in the article have actually been amended from the original as they fully supported the quote above... that alone is as telling as it is deceitful.

Edited by Wolfhunter