Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm

Shootings and Knifings

In a recent interview John Tory says:

"...a lot of the guns that end up being involved in the very gun crime that we are trying to fight in the city of Toronto are domestically sourced, as opposed to the previous assumption that they used to all come across the border."

They are now so used to lying about this that they simply can't stop themselves (facts be damned). Just pick anything (and I mean anything) that you have first hand knowledge about and compare it with what you hear this government and Liberal voters saying. Deliberately manipulating statistics with the malice of fore thought in an election year is either foolish or arrogant beyond belief.... I'm now thinking both.

Even after working security, I remain astounded that people (lots of them) will look you right in the eye and flat out lie to your face. They aren't even embarrassed about being exposed as liars and hardly bat an eye when they are.... and it's not like it was a mistake, they deliberately lie knowing they are doing it as they are doing it. It's why interviews backed up with security camera footage are such fun. 

It usually goes something like this: I wasn't there..... camera rolls. OK, I was there but I never went upstairs.... camera rolls. OK, I went up stairs but I never entered the room.... camera rolls. OK, I entered the room but I didn't vandalize the machine.... camera rolls. OK, how do you know it was me.... zoom function and swipe card log seal the deal and they cave.

They can usually guess who the next phone call is going out to though. 

So, why not just say.... "it was a bad day, I got drunk, I'm sorry and it won't happen again. How much to pay for the damages? It usually saves a phone call. 

The truth will almost always come out and by now you can likely guess the question I always ask.

Edited by Wolfhunter

It might be in the public interest to ban food deliveries....

Of late, there seems to be a media bias toward downplaying the "ARMED ROBBERY" aspect of these incidents in favour of softer words like theft, violence etc. 

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/canada-news-pmn/toronto-teenagers-charged-in-thefts-that-targeted-food-delivery-drivers

Edited by Wolfhunter

Cool.... have you got one for drug dealing gang bangers in Toronto that's equally insightful and on point? 

I got to the range a while ago and realized i'd forgotten one of the 5 keys I needed.... maybe someone could do a Canadian RPAL holder meme I might find amusing. Better yet, a gang banger with a key ring weighed down by lockable boxes outside a central storage facility with Liberals in the background clapping. The caption could have JT proudly proclaiming "see, told ya it would work."

Edited by Wolfhunter

4 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

I got to the range a while ago and realized i'd forgotten one of the 5 keys I needed....

I recently came to the conclusion that keyed trigger locks (if that's what you're referring to) are a PITA and have started replacing with the combination style.  They are no less secure and don't need to worry about forgetting the key.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, seeker said:

They are no less secure and don't need to worry about forgetting the key.

Good idea.

In this case though it was my ammo box that I keep locked for transport, even though it doesn't have to be. Caught in my own web of over compensation I guess. I can't help but wonder if the gang bangers do the same, but I'm guessing not. Is wondering that racist in some way? Luckily, there are no statues of me anywhere that need to be toppled as a result.

My bow is cased in both directions as well even though it's only a requirement after dark. During the day, JT has determined it's not a weapon... it morphs into one 1/2 hour after sunset. That will all change if gang bankers take up archery I bet. 

Edited by Wolfhunter

1 hour ago, Wolfhunter said:

That will all change if gang bankers take up archery I bet. 

Gang bankers - I'll have to ask decier about them...

• Haha 2

The instances of misconduct by RPAL holders is so low as to be insignificant.... we need to change the game to "count the lying Liberals." Their numbers seem to be boundless. Nothing on the CBC web site about this either.... what is not reported is becoming more telling than what is; media manipulation is subtle. 

In advance of the final solution, I predict that weapons currently "restricted" will be deemed "prohibited" and grandfathered to current RPAL holders during the next government mandate. After that, no further RPAL licences will be issued.

In addition, I fear the PPC will split the conservative vote and JT will have a minority government supported by the NDP. Liberals currently enjoy a 50% approval rating in the Maritimes and it amazes me.... the question is how much is enough?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/vancouver-island-police-seize-huge-trove-of-guns-explosives-homemade-silencers/ar-BBTjWl5?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout

Edited by Wolfhunter

More than 2,000 people died as a result of opioids from January to June, a slight increase over the same period in 2017, and 17 people are hospitalized across the country every day as a result of opioid overdoses,

Where is the outrage and moral preaching with this issue.....way more deaths here than from handguns but hardly a whimper from the Trudeau government.

And if it wasn’t obvious, these deaths are caused by a banned substance as well, but the law doesn’t have an effect.

4 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

The instances of misconduct by RPAL holders is so low as to be insignificant.... we need to change the game to "count the lying Liberals." Their numbers seem to be boundless. Nothing on the CBC web site about this either.... what is not reported is becoming more telling than what is; media manipulation is subtle. 

In advance of the final solution, I predict that weapons currently "restricted" will be deemed "prohibited" and grandfathered to current RPAL holders during the next government mandate. After that, no further RPAL licences will be issued.

In addition, I fear the PPC will split the conservative vote and JT will have a minority government supported by the NDP. Liberals currently enjoy a 50% approval rating in the Maritimes and it amazes me.... the question is how much is enough?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/vancouver-island-police-seize-huge-trove-of-guns-explosives-homemade-silencers/ar-BBTjWl5?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout

and they are working hard to keep their Maritime rating high.  https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/lockheed-martin-contract-shipbuilding-irving-1.5011032

15 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

and they are working hard to keep their Maritime rating high

And it will work.

Imagine a Liberal government propped up by the NDP. At this particular juncture in our history, the outcome could be damaging.

18 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

And it will work.

Imagine a Liberal government propped up by the NDP. At this particular juncture in our history, the outcome could be damaging.

More damaging that what Justin has already done????? 🙃  Perhaps but just imagine if they teamed with the Green Party (ala BC). 

11 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

"count the lying Liberals."

No calculator can handle that task

So now Doctors are getting in on the act.... these are the same folks who could save 110,000 lives a year by not doing abortions. The media bailout money was well spent.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/canadian-doctors-for-protection-from-guns-campaign-stronger-firearm-laws-1.5014081?fbclid=IwAR2XTpOv1ZuHzeJpTiSOLbIQID52Fvra8uNsu_uJzFJ9mg4EJJfD8vDV8NY

Edited by Wolfhunter

14 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

So now Doctors are getting in on the act.... these are the same folks who could save 110,000 lives a year by not doing abortions. The media bailout money was well spent.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/canadian-doctors-for-protection-from-guns-campaign-stronger-firearm-laws-1.5014081?fbclid=IwAR2XTpOv1ZuHzeJpTiSOLbIQID52Fvra8uNsu_uJzFJ9mg4EJJfD8vDV8NY

re 110,000 lives a year, is that net or not counting the women who were saved? Just curious. From the stats Quebec and Ontario account for over 80,000 a year or 80%.which is approx. 80% of all abortions in Canada.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4903372/nova-scotia-body-armour/

Instead of a law making the use of body armour in the commission of a crime illegal, we now have confiscation without compensation simply because “someone might use it.” As it stands now, if some veteran built a “man cave” and had a mannequin dressed in desert CADPAT, blue helmet and UN vest, he is now a criminal. The argument is always “why do you need it?” and if you subscribe to that theory, you would have to concede that there are other examples.

So, I have a couple of questions too, given the amount of traffic fatalities, why does anyone need a car or motorcycle capable of going faster than 110 KPH in Canada? Given the number of drownings every year, why does anyone need a swimming pool in their back yard? Given the growing loss of agricultural land to development, why does anyone need to play golf? You get the idea so I’ll stop there.

All of that said, I have little use for them but If I lived in some Toronto neighbourhoods that clearly wouldn’t be the case. If I posed the question, why do gangsters need guns, most people who support this ban would say “don’t be silly.” All I ask is that they return the favour.

Edited by Wolfhunter

I would argue that Every citizen should posess body armour in protection of their life because the government continues to ignore the real gun problem allowing criminals to have guns.  Therfore as a law abiding citizen I require body armour because you are going to take my guns away.  One needs to have some security.

Here is the real problem...and this is just one example..

On March 23, Scott MacCallum Osborne, a Canadian citizen who was living in the U.S. at the time, was referred to a secondary examination while seeking entry to Canada.

A dog was also called in to assist.

Further investigations found a total of 19 hand guns and 32 over-capacity magazines, hidden behind various panels within the vehicle.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4194761/guns-seized-canadian-border-pacific-highway/

So,in the 4 or 5 links I have previously posted, there have been a total of 200 guns smuggled in to the country in 5 instances that the CBSA/police have caught. This is in addition to the acknowledgment that CBSA doesn’t pursue the vehicles that run the crossing inspection points. At least our criminals/thugs can rest assured there is a steady supply of illegal firearms in the event the Libs ban legal handgun sales.

3 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4903372/nova-scotia-body-armour/

Instead of a law making the use of body armour in the commission of a crime illegal, we now have confiscation without compensation simply because “someone might use it.” As it stands now, if some veteran built a “man cave” and had a mannequin dressed in desert CADPAT, blue helmet and UN vest, he is now a criminal. The argument is always “why do you need it?” and if you subscribe to that theory, you would have to concede that there are other examples.

So, I have a couple of questions too, given the amount of traffic fatalities, why does anyone need a car or motorcycle capable of going faster than 110 KPH in Canada? Given the number of drownings every year, why does anyone need a swimming pool in their back yard? Given the growing loss of agricultural land to development, why does anyone need to play golf? You get the idea so I’ll stop there.

All of that said, I have little use for them but If I lived in some Toronto neighbourhoods that clearly wouldn’t be the case. If I posed the question, why do gangsters need guns, most people who support this ban would say “don’t be silly.” All I ask is that they return the favour.

You forgot one, given the way certain politicians are throwing away our money and since I am capable of doing that myself, why do we need politicians?

As the handgun ban proponents like to point out, London, uk is safe because of tough gun laws. The times are a changing: looks like they need a knife ban. Like Toronto, the statistics do seem to involve one segment of society.

“At the height of the city's crack cocaine epidemic in 1990, New York's annual murder rate peaked at 2,605 killings.

Fresh figures show killings in Britain have risen to a ten-year high.

What are some of the murders being investigated by the Met Police?

• Kyall Parnall, 17, stabbed: Lambeth
  • Steve Frank Navarez-Jara, 20, stabbed: Islington
  • Elizabeta Lacatusu, 44, stabbed: Redbridge
  • Vijay Patel, 49, head injury: Barnet
  • Daniel Frederick, 34, stabbed: Hackney
  • Oluwadamilola Odeyingbo, 18, post-mortem awaits: Bromley
  • Harry Uzoka, 25, stabbed: Hammersmith & Fulham
  • Seyed Azim Khan, head injury: Redbridge
  • Yaya Mbye, 26, stabbed: Hackney
  • Juan Olmos-Saca, 39, stabbed: Southwark
  • Lily-Mai Saint George, 11-weeks-old, post-mortem awaits: Haringey
  • Khader Saleh, 25, stabbed: Hammersmith & Fulham
  • Hassan Ozcan, 19, stabbed: Barking & Dagenham
  • Kwabena Nelson, 22, stabbed: Haringey
  • Hannah Leonard, 55, stabbed: Camden
  • Sabri Chibani, 19, stabbed: Lambeth
  • Bulent Kabala, 41, shot: Barnet
  • Saeeda Hussain, 54, stabbed: Redbridge
  • Lord Promise Nkenda, 17, stabbed: Newham
  • Mark Smith, 48, multiple injuries: Waltham Forest
  • Lewis Blackman, 19, stabbed: Kensington & Chelsea
  • Jozef Boci, 33, blunt force trauma injury to the head and face: Greenwich
  • Rotimi Oshibanjo, 26, stabbed: Ealing
  • Sadiq Mohammed, 20, stabbed: Camden
  • Abdikarim Hassan, 17, stabbed: Camden
  • Amir Ellouzi, 24, shot: Westminster
  • Michael Boyle, 44, stabbed: Southwark
  • Christopher Beaumont, 42, stabbed: Hammersmith & Fulham
  • Laura Figueira, 47, stabbed: Richmond
  • Two bodies found in Sussex
  • Kelva Smith, 20, stabbed: Croydon
  • Kelvin Odunuyi, 19, shot: Haringey
  • Julian Joseph, 36, head injury: Lewisham
  • Nikolai Glushkov, 68, compression of neck: Kingston
  • Joseph Williams-Torres, 20, shot: Waltham Forest
  • Lyndon Davis, 18, stabbed: Havering
  • Hersi Hersi, 36, stabbed: Hounslow
  • Russell Jones, 23, stabbed: Enfield
  • Tyrone Silcott, 41, stabbed: Hackney
  • Balbir Johal, 48, stabbed: Ealing
  • Jermaine Johnson, 41, stabbed: Waltham Forest
  • Benjamin Pieknyi, 21, stabbed: Newham
  • Abraham Badru, 26, shot: Hackney
  • Awaiting formal ID, 59, skull fracture: Barking & Dagenham
  • David Potter, 50, stabbed: Wandsworth
  • Reece Tshoma, 23, stabbed: Greenwich
  • Leyla Mtumwa, 36, stabbed: Haringey
  • Devoy Stapleton, 20, stabbed: Wandsworth
  • Tanesha Melbourne-Blake, 17, shot: Haringey
  • Amaan Shakoor, 16, shot: Waltham Forest
  • Awaiting formal ID, female, 80, post-mortem awaits: Camden
  • Henry Vincent, 37, stabbed: Lewisham
  • Babatunde Akintayo Awofeso, 53, post-mortem awaits: Hackney
  • Israel Ogunsola, 18, stabbed: Hackney
  • Raul Nicolaie, 26, stabbed: Colindale
  • Samantha Clarke, 38, stabbed: Brixton
  • Sami Sidhom, 18, stabbed: Forest Gate
  • Aaron Springett, 32, blunt force trauma to the chest: Morden
  • Awaiting formal ID, 20, stabbed: Finsbury Park
  • Awaiting formal ID, 30s, shot, Queensbury Tube station
  • Rhyhiem Ainsworth Barton, 17, shot, Kennington
  • Rosina Coleman, 85, was found beaten to death at her Romford home
  • Arunesh Thangarajah, 28, stabbed in Mitcham, South London
  • Marcel Campbell, 20, stabbed in Islington, North London
  • Katerina Makunova, 17, stabbed in Camberwell, South London
  • Unidentified man, 18, who police found stabbed on Denmark Road in Lambeth and he died later in hospital
  • Simonne Kerr, 31, was stabbed to death  in her home in Battersea, south-west London
  • Unidentified man, 42, stabbed to death in Waltham Forest, East London
  • Carole Harrison, 73, was found dead inside her house in Teddington, South West London following a blaze in the early hours of Wednesday
  • Gary Amer, 63, stabbed to death at a property in Walworth, south-east London
  • Shevaun Sorrell, 22, was found unresponsive in Creek Road, Deptford
  • Abdi Ali, 18, died from a blunt force trauma to the head and stab wounds to the chest
  • Celia Levitt, 68, was killed at a residential address in Bromley
  • Ismail Tanrikulu, 22, was found with gunshot wounds in Tottenham Cemetery
  • Memunatu Warne, 46, died after a suspected arson attack at a property in Woolwich
  • Ali Al Har, 25, stabbed to death in Tufnell Park
  • Kanagusabi Ramathan, 76, found dead at a residential address in Newham
  • Elyon Poku, 20, was stabbed during a party in Stamford Hill, north London
  • Guled Farah, 19, was killed in a drive-by-shooting in Walthamstow
  • Sandra Zmijan, 32, died after being hit repeatedly by a heavy blunt object
  • Hashim Abdalla Ali, 22, was shot while sitting in the passenger seat of a car in Hillingdon, west London
  • Moses Mayele, 23, was stabbed outside his home in Hainault, east London
  • Ian Tomlin, 46, was killed outside flats in Battersea
  • Nazia Ali, 25, was found dead at a residential address in Tower Hamlets
  • Ethan Nedd-Bruce, 18, was found with stab injuries and was pronounced dead
  • Sheiku Adams, 49, fell from a third-floor flat
  • Martin Welsh, 43, was stabbed at his home in Hendon, north London
  • Rocky Djelal, 38, stabbed in Southwark Park
  • Jay Hughes, 15, died of a single stab wound to the heart after he was attacked at a chicken shop
  • Malcolm Mide-Madariola, 17, was stabbed outside Clapham South Underground station
  • Ayodeji Habeeb Azeez, 22,  was found on Samos Road in Anerley, south London
  • John Ogunjobi, 16, was found seriously injured on Greenleaf Close, Tulse Hill
  • Tanseen Sheikh, 62, was found dead at an address in Balham, south-west London
  • Devi Unmathallegadoo, 35, was shot with a crossbow while eight months pregnant in Ilford, east London
  • Unidentified woman, 89, was found dead at an address in Ealing, west London
  • Maureen Watkins, 75, was found with multiple stab wounds
  • Carl Whitehead, 58, was found dead at an address in Teddington, south-west London
  • Zakaria Bukar Sharif Ali, 26, was stabbed on Kingsland Road in Dalston
  • Maureen Whale, 77, died of a heart attack after two men ransacked her home
  • Aron Walker, 18, was stabbed in Prior Street, Greenwich
  • Jay Sewell, 18, died in hospital from stab wounds.
  • Unnamed man, gunned down in Enfield, North London”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5963434/london-murder-rate-2018-city-highest-rate/