Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm

Shootings and Knifings

Interesting stats; thanks Malcolm.

I still wouldn't want to be a resident of Toronto, but the numbers do make you wonder if the whole damn Country isn't becoming a giant thug filled cesspool?

trudeau's visionary leadership sure isn't serving the interests of Canada,  but I'll bet Soros is quite pleased with the downward spiral the Country is in.

The other elephant in the room is that 99.5% of the shooters/victims come from a specific ethnicity and are generally involved in crime/turf wars. 

I think everybody in the GTAA is aware of this.

GetFileAttachment.jpeg.7b0cfb1710ca0375d4442c50daa68695.jpeg

This graph has no accuracy towards YYZ statistics but illustrates the point.

19 hours ago, DEFCON said:

Interesting stats; thanks Malcolm.

I still wouldn't want to be a resident of Toronto, but the numbers do make you wonder if the whole damn Country isn't becoming a giant thug filled cesspool?

trudeau's visionary leadership sure isn't serving the interests of Canada,  but I'll bet Soros is quite pleased with the downward spiral the Country is in.

if you dont live here please dont coment on what its like to live here.  It is a great city.  Like EVERY city it has some issues but it is a great ciy

It's not that hard to figure out and not that hard to fix.... it just takes lots of money. When will liberals be willing to pay for liberal values? Not doing this right is my personal definition of racism. 

There are only two questions here, are you willing to pay for it? And if not, what did you think was going to happen? 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/gang-violence-1.4975700

boestar.

Call the place great if you like, but that's kind of a subjective perspective don't you think?

Although Toronto was never completely free of violent crime most of its problems used to center around parking, rent control, traffic overload and public transportation.

People could generally go on with their lives without having to be on guard and aware of everything going on around them at all times and believe it, or not, residents of the burbs could actually leave their windows open, doors unlocked and as short sighted as it may have been, they could even leave their vehicle running while they ran into a convenience store and expect it to be there when they returned.

At one time the police investigated small stuff like bicycle thefts, but nowadays they aren't generally inclined to investigate most property related crimes and direct the public instead to contact a telephone reporting center where a record of the event is created for insurance and statistical data keeping purposes.

Like a lot of large and small communities anymore, Toronto's police force is overwhelmed by serious criminal activity and don't have the resources to deal with the ever increasing volume of petty crime, which leads to declining public order and increasingly more crime ... check out the 'Broken Window Theory'.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CCLEAL_enCA787CA787&ei=psw8XL2ZM8LdjwSkqqeQDA&q=broken+window+theory&oq=broken+window+theory&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0l10.147497.156835..159175...0.0..0.129.4225.47j3......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i71j0i67j0i131.c34dQNaZXJY

As large North American cities went, Toronto 'was' definitely one of the greatest and safest places to live, work and visit.

Edited by DEFCON

3 hours ago, DEFCON said:

boestar.

Call the place great if you like, but that's kind of a subjective perspective don't you think?

Although Toronto was never completely free of violent crime most of its problems used to center around parking, rent control, traffic overload and public transportation.

People could generally go on with their lives without having to be on guard and aware of everything going on around them at all times and believe it, or not, residents of the burbs could actually leave their windows open, doors unlocked and as short sighted as it may have been, they could even leave their vehicle running while they ran into a convenience store and expect it to be there when they returned.

At one time the police investigated small stuff like bicycle thefts, but nowadays they aren't generally inclined to investigate most property related crimes and direct the public instead to contact a telephone reporting center where a record of the event is created for insurance and statistical data keeping purposes.

Like a lot of large and small communities anymore, Toronto's police force is overwhelmed by serious criminal activity and don't have the resources to deal with the ever increasing volume of petty crime, which leads to declining public order and increasingly more crime ... check out the 'Broken Window Theory'.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CCLEAL_enCA787CA787&ei=psw8XL2ZM8LdjwSkqqeQDA&q=broken+window+theory&oq=broken+window+theory&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0l10.147497.156835..159175...0.0..0.129.4225.47j3......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i71j0i67j0i131.c34dQNaZXJY

As large North American cities went, Toronto 'was' definitely one of the greatest and safest places to live, work and visit.

Still is.  There is far more good here than bad.  wouldnt have it any other way.

It may be subjective but if you are not familiar with the subject then refrain from commenting.

1 hour ago, boestar said:

...if you are not familiar with the subject then refrain from commenting.

That would likely shut down 80% of the discussion on this side of the forum.

I briefly lived in Toronto but it proved far to much “city” for me and I left a great aviation job behind as a result… all a matter of personal choice and I have no regrets; it simply wasn’t for me.

I’m sorry to see what’s happening there and I think it will become more and more of what most people want less and less of over time. Be assured though, I’m rooting for you and hope it all works out. In the interim, I avoid Toronto as much as possible… but that’s just me.

Edited by Wolfhunter

2 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

avoid Toronto as much as possible… but that’s just me.

Ditto...only if it’s absolutely necessary will I go near that ZOO....even driving through Toronto across the 401 takes all my patience some days

18 hours ago, boestar said:

Still is.  There is far more good here than bad.  wouldnt have it any other way.

It may be subjective but if you are not familiar with the subject then refrain from commenting.

Somewhat off topic 😀 Toronto made the list of the 10 Canadian cities with the worst winters.  https://www.slice.ca/travel/photos/canadian-cities-with-worst-winters/#!Toronto-Ontario-Canadian-Cities-with-the-Worst-Winters

worst.jpg.16c8fce73b2b781ff8391d335ea656cc.jpg

I'm familiar with the topic boestar; restraining discussion for the sake of protecting your sensibilities just ain't on.

Edited by DEFCON

I have lived in the GTA for 50 years.  I am used to the idiosyncrasies of the area. Having spent time is pretty much every other major city in this country, my preference remains Toronto. 

I am outside of the city proper but do work at LBPIA so I do have to commute but I have a system that works so I don't get caught up too bad.  

I can leave my house unlocked without much of a worry.  I don't see much, if any, violent crime in my area which is nice.

You can hate it from afar but I will remain here thanks.

Just a small point, but any concern I may have expressed with regard to the declining health of the City shouldn't be characterized as hateful.

And I don't 'hate from afar, but I can certainly sense the changing pulse of a City I'm familiar enough with to be taking notice.

I can't say I understand your taking offence?  

no offence taken at all.  Its just that people crap on Toronto all time but dont spend enough time here to appreciate what it has