Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm

Our Prime Minister

These town hall meetings are a joke ... soft questions by adoring university students...no challenges to his lengthy rambling philosophies..

People are starting to notice:  

http://torontosun.com/news/national/are-you-finished-maam-trudeau-talks-down-heckler-again-at-western-university-town-hall-lovefest/wcm/c58edb90-98e4-41a7-9f8c-1a36199f5cc4

I went to Sears today.

As I approached the entrance, I noticed a driver looking for a parking space.

I flagged the driver and pointed out a handicapped parking space that was open and available.

The driver looked puzzled, rolled down her window and said, "I'm not handicapped!"

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said. "I saw your, 'I voted Liberal for Justin Trudeau" bumper sticker and just assumed that you were mentally handicapped."

She gave me the finger and screamed some nasty names at me.

Some people just don't appreciate help anymore.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

I went to Sears today.

As I approached the entrance, I noticed a driver looking for a parking space.

I flagged the driver and pointed out a handicapped parking space that was open and available.

The driver looked puzzled, rolled down her window and said, "I'm not handicapped!"

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said. "I saw your, 'I voted Liberal for Justin Trudeau" bumper sticker and just assumed that you were mentally handicapped."

She gave me the finger and screamed some nasty names at me.

Some people just don't appreciate help anymore.

You found a Sears that was still open? I thought they had joined this sad list:

Woodwards, Eatons, Kmart, Woolworths, Zellers etc.

Family History!! "The Liberals are only a means to an end". PET

In 1940 a young Pierre, son of a wealthy Quebec gas station owner began his political activism supporting the Quebec wing of the Marxist movement.

He later changed his allegiance, joining the Quebec wing of the Communist Party. During this time he led a group of like minded Quebecers to a communist conference in Moscow. When questioned by Peter Worthington about his communist activities, he shrugged, suggested it was nothing, and claimed to have thrown a snowball at the statue of Stalin. Worthington pointed out that "Must have been difficult, as there wasn't snow in Moscow all the time you were there".

Trudeau was blacklisted and denied entry to the U.S. based on his Communist activity. He joined the CCF/NDP they actually believed he would be their candidate and were taken aback when he joined the Liberal Party, reassuring his left wing supporters "The Liberals are only a means to an end".

In 1965 he won election as a Liberal in the Town of Mount Royale. He was appointed Justice Minister in Pearson's gov't. In 1968 he was elected PM and during the entire time he was PM, Canada was never privy to any highly classified intelligence.

When he took office in 1968 our national debt was 18 Billion, largely a hold over from the war. 15 1/2 years later, the debt was 200 billion, interest at 25 - 28%, Canadians were losing their homes in record numbers, their businesses going bankrupt. Wage and price controls, and taxed through the roof.

He declared on CBC his admiration for both China and Cuba and when asked about the millions who had died in their slave labor camps he stated, "Collateral damage is to be expected". !!!

He was a pacifist, kicked out of officer's training for behavior unbecoming an officer.

This is the guy who raised this snowflake we currently call a PM.

"The Truth About Trudeau", is a great book by author Bob Plamondon. It's well worth the read.

We desperately need amendments to our constitution. One is recall/impeachment... that would address the principle "tell them what they want to hear, once you're elected you do what you want", which was Pierre's philosophy.

I just wish people would inform themselves of who they are voting for. We survived the father but it was day to day, he set us back economically at least 10 years. Amazes me another Trudeau is PM"

Image may contain: 1 person, closeup

January 13, 2018 12:41 pm

Roy Green: Justin Trudeau’s tour little more than manipulation

By Roy Green Special to Global News

Canada’s Prime Minister has stumbled. Badly.

Justin Trudeau stands convicted of multiple ethics violations. Trudeau generated national anger over his decision to write a $10.5 million compensation cheque to Omar Khadr, who was involved in a 2002 firefight that killed U.S. Army medic Christopher Speer and also blinded Speer’s platoon-mate Sgt. Layne Morris.

In past weeks Mr. Trudeau’s most recent expectation is largely receiving a two thumbs down response nationally.  The Prime Minister is calling on Canadians, clear video evidence of ISIS atrocities notwithstanding, to support his position that fellow citizens who in violation of criminal law made their way to the Middle East to sign on with the genocidal terrorist cult should, if following the military defeat of the so-called Islamic State, be able to return to Canada.  No pursuit of imprisonment.

Trudeau’s in-person visit with Joshua Boyle and his family in the PMO, shortly before Boyle was arraigned on a series of criminal charges, fired up strong challenges of the PM’s decision to meet with a man who claims he was kidnapped by Taliban fighters in Afghanistan and held for five years with his wife and growing family.

Interest over Boyle’s visit with Trudeau became more intense because in 2009 Joshua Boyle married Omar Khadr’s sister Zaynab.

READ MORE: Why Omar Khadr needs permission to see his controversial sister

Khadr’s $20 million lawsuit against the Canadian government for violation of his Charter rights was underway at the time the Prime Minister decided to short-circuit the suit with that attempted to keep secret $10.5 million payment. Trudeau’s argument remains allowing the case to run its course in court may have resulted in a judgment much greater than $10.5 million favouring Khadr.

There are many questions which should be posed to the Prime Minister. Why in 2016 did he require women Liberal Party caucus colleagues enter an Ottawa mosque through the side door and stand upstairs segregated from the men while the feminist Justin chattered enthusiastically about the arrangement with the guys?

Why was Mr. Trudeau demonstrably emotional over federal legislation allowing for the stripping of Canadian citizenship from convicted of terrorism dual citizens?  So much so his government changed the law in that regard.

READ MORE: Dual Canadian citizens convicted of terrorism will no longer lose citizenship under new bill

Trudeau’s election-era words: “The Liberal Party believes that terrorists should get to keep their Canadian citizenship, because I do. And I’m willing to take on anyone who disagrees with that.”

Meanwhile though, anyone proven guilty of fraudulent claims on a Canadian citizenship application remains eligible for loss of citizenship. Convicted terrorists though? No.

The questions over Mr. Trudeau’s behaviour continue. On the death of Fidel Castro, for decades the absolute dictator of Cuba and suppressor of rights and freedoms of the Cuban people, Trudeau issued an official Government of Canada statement describing Castro as the “larger than life leader who served his people for almost half a century.”

As far as his enthusiasm for Canada is concerned, the Prime Minister was assuring the New York Times that his vision for Canada was for our country to become a postnational state.

Perhaps on upcoming stops of Mr. Trudeau’s meet and greet, Q&A tour some in-depth explanations concerning any of the aforementioned may be in order?

There will also be some explaining required by Scott Brison and Trudeau regarding the removal of the Navy’s second in command. From the article, it appears the Irving family didn’t like the way the Vice Admiral was getting things done at the Davie shipyard (on time and on budget). So they had Mr Brison apply some pressure....the vice admiral has been removed, RCMP are investigating still 2 years later and the supply ship program is at a standstill.

Trudeaus new clear and transparent government doing politics different from the bad old Harper days.

it will make for an interesting court case.

http://nationalpost.com/feature/man-overboard

Help me out here please ... how long can a hyphenated Canadian and holder of more than one passport be out of Canada visiting their other home Country over the course of a year?

1 hour ago, DEFCON said:

Help me out here please ... how long can a hyphenated Canadian and holder of more than one passport be out of Canada visiting their other home Country over the course of a year?

My understanding is If said hyphenated Canadian is holding a Canadian passport (which you must be a Canadian citizen to acquire) there is no Canadian residency requirement for any period to maintain citizenship status. However long absences may affect health care entitlements or tax status. If said hyphenated Canadian is classified as a Permanent Resident, then he/she must be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days (2 years) in every 5-year period.

Read and Weep......

“ Justin Trudeau has a profound respect for Canada’s charter of rights, not surprisingly given his father’s role in introducing it. Too bad he doesn’t seem to understand it.

Speaking at a town hall meeting in Hamilton, Ont., the prime minister dismissed what he referred to as the “kerfuffle around the Canada Summer Jobs program.”

The Liberals, in their determination to force their abortion views on those who may disagree, say organizations applying for grants to hire summer students must attest that their core mandate is in line with the government’s position on “reproductive rights.” They have to check off a box confirming their acquiescence, and can’t submit the application unless they do. In other words, any organization that has qualms about Canada’s lack of an abortion law, or the Trudeau government’s whole-hearted support for unfettered abortion at any stage of the birth process, need not apply.

There has been considerable consternation about this. Although polls suggest most Canadians support the right to an abortion in general, it is hardly unanimous, and many people, given the chance, would certainly agree that some rules — say, on late-term abortions, or sex-selection procedures that allowed girls to be terminated for the sin of being girls — would not be out of place.

Trudeau is unmoved, and unwilling to accept that fellow Canadians who hold views different from his own shouldn’t be treated as lesser beings, ineligible for public funds to which they contribute, and to which all other Canadian organizations are welcome to apply.

“An organization that has the explicit purpose of restricting women’s rights by removing rights to abortion and the right for women to control their own bodies is not in line with where we are as a government, and quite frankly where we are as a society,” said Trudeau.”

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/kelly-mcparland-our-flippant-prime-minister-simply-wont-tolerate-differing-views

so you go to a private island, hosted by a registered lobbyist ........ and talk policy?

Trudeau, John Kerry discussed incoming Trump administration during Aga Khan trip

Kristy Kirkup, The Canadian Press
Published Wednesday, January 17, 2018 2:24PM EST
Last Updated Wednesday, January 17, 2018 4:21PM EST

OTTAWA -- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he and former U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry talked about the then-incoming Trump administration and the general state of the world when the two of them were on the Aga Khan's private island in late 2016.

During an interview this week with The Canadian Press, Trudeau shed a bit more light on his direct interactions with Kerry, who happened to be at the spiritual leader's island in the Bahamas at the same time as the prime minister during his personal -- and controversial -- family vacation.

In December, the federal ethics commissioner concluded Trudeau violated conflict-of-interest rules when he vacationed at the private island without seeking her approval ahead of time. Mary Dawson's report referenced a "senior American official of a previous administration" present on the island -- since confirmed by the Prime Minister's Office to be Kerry.

Trudeau learned "within a few days" or a "small number of weeks" prior to his trip there was a possibility Kerry would be there, he said.

"It was an opportunity to engage with a sitting secretary of state ... but the conversations were very general about the state of the world ... expectations around the incoming administration on foreign policy issues," Trudeau said.

"There was nothing decided or of significant, direct impact on Canadian policy in any way."

The interactions on the island involved "people with interesting jobs and responsibilities" talking about the state of the world in an informed way, he added.

"They were present at, I think, one or two lunches and one or two dinners where there were probably 20 people around the table, mostly family and friends, but topics turned to a ... broad range of general international conversations."

The ethic commissioner's report found the Aga Khan had a relationship with Trudeau's father, Pierre Elliott Trudeau, that developed in the 1960s, facilitating the current prime minister's relationship with the spiritual leader of the world's 15 million Ismaili Muslims.

However, Dawson said it was still unlikely the vacation would have been extended to Trudeau "had there not been official interactions between the government of Canada and the Aga Khan and had Mr. Trudeau not become a significant player on the Canadian political scene."

Those findings have prompted Trudeau to reflect "very much" on the difference between his interpretation of friendship and the view of the commissioner, he said.

"I think it makes total sense that the ethics commissioner has a more stringent view of who would qualify as a friend to the prime minister than others would," he said. "I think that's an important distinction that has certainly, and will certainly inform, my behaviour and the behaviour of future prime ministers moving forward."

Among her findings, Dawson also found Trudeau breached Section 11 of the Conflict of Interest Act -- which pertains to gifts or "other advantages" -- when he and members of his family accepted the Aga Khan's "gift of hospitality" and the use of his private island.

She said the vacations could reasonably be seen to have been given to influence Trudeau in his capacity as prime minister.

Though now more than a year old, the trip has continued to dog Trudeau, such as during a town hall last week in Nova Scotia, where he reiterated a promise to ensure every one of his future vacations is cleared in advance with the ethics commissioner.

Both opposition parties have also demanded that he repay taxpayers for all or part of the transportation and security costs for the vacation, which they say left taxpayers on the hook for more than $200,000.

Trudeau's office has said he reimbursed the commercial equivalent of his and his family's flights to and from the island, in keeping with standard practice, but has not disclosed the exact tab.

For his part, Trudeau is anticipating more scrutiny from the Conservatives and the NDP when MPs return to Ottawa later this month following the holiday break.

"I am expecting there might be a few more questions once Parliament returns on this ... exact issue."

Maybe I missed the release, but that's the first story I've seen that indicates the Aga Khan's holiday guest list was considerably larger than originally reported. Nevertheless, it's now hard to imagine the trudeau family vacation was anything other than a cover intended to mask the true purpose of this secret gathering of high profile political players on an island owned by the islamic version of a pope ... talk about an out of the way place to hold a very private get together.

And people wonder how conspiracy theories get going?

It seems kind of out there, but I can't help but wonder if Kerry's presence and the meeting itself wasn't somehow connected to the last minute taxpayer sponsored trip he took to Antarctica immediately prior to the Island meeting?

“ You might obey all the laws of the land, take off your hat for the anthem and participate broadly in civil society. But for Justin Trudeau, that's not enough.

For our prime minister, loyalty also means swearing allegiance to the Liberal platform. And anyone who isn't prepared to conform will find themselves denied basic opportunities that should be available to all law-abiding Canadians. 

This urge to control how Canadians think can be seen most clearly in the scandal regarding the federal Canada Summer Jobs program, which subsidizes wages for summer students working at small businesses, churches, charities and other organizations.”

Read more at.....

https://www.therecord.com/opinion-story/8078109-are-you-a-loyal-canadian-/

He's on the road again.  Getting hot in Ottawa, time to leave town and do the job that our Minister of  International Trade François-Philippe Champagne should be doing.

Trudeau to make 3-city U.S. tour to push business ties

As tense NAFTA talks continue, prime minister makes plans to visit key American cities

CBC NewsPosted: Jan 19, 2018 10:48 AM ET Last Updated: Jan 19, 2018 10:48 AM ET

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will be visiting three U.S. cities next month with the aim of strengthening Canada-U.S. ties. (Aaron Vincent Elkaim/Canadian Press)

As tense NAFTA talks continue, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is preparing to make a three-city trip to the United States next month to explore new business opportunities and strengthen bilateral ties.

Trudeau will stop in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Chicago from Feb. 7-10.

Today's announcement comes ahead of the sixth round of North American Free Trade Agreement renegotiation talks, which start Tuesday in Montreal.

Trudeau's U.S. itinerary includes delivering remarks at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute in Simi Valley to underscore "the interconnectedness of the Canada-U.S. economies," according to a release from the PMO.

In San Francisco, he's scheduled to meet with local business leaders and entrepreneurs to "explore opportunities for increased collaboration between our countries."

In Chicago, the prime minister will meet with key officials and deliver a speech at the University of Chicago Institute of Politics. He will highlight the importance of public service, and "how it can contribute to a prosperous middle class and stronger Canada-U.S. economic and political ties."

"Canadians and Americans know we are all better off when we work together to grow the middle class, and create more opportunities for people on both sides of the border," Trudeau said in a statement. "I look forward to meeting with government and business leaders in the United States again to explore new opportunities for collaboration and growth, so we can build a more prosperous future for people in both countries."

He's on a sanctuary city tour ... trudeau is dangerous to the continuation of Canada! 

• Thanks 1

“ Does anyone think Mr. Trudeau, more a stumbler than a specialist on the ethics front, is overreaching here? Just a jot or a tittle? Has he really not read the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, a document on most occasions he treats as believers of old reverenced the Sinai tablets? “

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-no-summer-jobs-for-you-and-other-decrees-from-bishop-trudeau

Edited by Jaydee

He position has or may alienate all voters from the following religions.

Religion and abortion

All the religions have taken strong positions on abortion; they believe that the issue encompasses profound issues of life and death, right and wrong, human relationships and the nature of society, that make it a major religious concern.

People involved in an abortion are usually affected very deeply not just emotionally, but often spiritually, as well. They often turn to their faith for advice and comfort, for explanation of their feelings, and to seek atonement and a way to deal with their feelings of guilt.

Because abortion affects heart as well as mind, and because it involves life and death, many people find that purely intellectual argument about it is ultimately unsatisfying.

For them it's not just a matter that concerns a human being and their conscience, but something that concerns a human being and their God.

The theologian Stanley Hauerwas puts it like this: it may be that issues such as abortion are finally not susceptible to intellectual 'solution.' do not mean to suggest that we cease trying to formulate the problem in the most responsible manner possible, but rather that our best recourse may be to watch how good men and women handle the tragic alternatives we often confront in abortion situations...For no amount of ethical reflection will ever change the basic fact that tragedy is a reality of our lives. A point is reached where we must have the wisdom to cease ethical reflection and affirm that certain issues indicate a reality more profound than the ethical.Stanley Hauerwas

Individual religions' teachings on abortion