Alan Thicke

blues deville

Sad news for his family and friends. I recall watching The Alan Thicke Show (Vancouver location) and really enjoyed his style of comedy. Many thought he would someday replace Johnny Carson.

Alan's father Dr. Brian Thicke was our company doctor at C3 and for some of us our CAME since those days. He had a condo in FLL and would always visit the flight deck when he traveled south. An active pilot and owner of a nicely refurbished C182. The medical visit was always interesting with his office walls covered in Alan Thicke photos and memorabilia. One of my favorites was an official NHL score sheet signed by both Gretsky and Howe. Dr. Thicke told me once about a conversation he had with Gretsksy and Allan about Wayne's skills on the ice. Gretsky said his advantage was always knowing which way an opposing player was going to go. Left or right. Also, he could see plays happening is his head and where the puck would end up before scoring in the net. This was his sixth sense.

Dr. Thicke was very proud of both of his son's, Alan and Todd. He told me they used to send jokes to comedians in LA for cash which later helped them get jobs in the entertainment industry. Allan graduated from U. of Western Ontario with a BA in English but was also a great song writer of tv themes and jingles. Todd worked as writer on NBC's Tonight Show. Alan's sons Robin and Brennan are both successful in the music and film business.

Quite a talented family. 

Archived