The Vinyl Cafe (Couldn't be more OT!)

Moon The Loon

As a subscriber to his blog, I (and many others) just received this from Stuart McLean:

Hello,

As many of you know, I was diagnosed with melanoma a year ago. At the time we figured the treatment would be swift. What can I say … things don’t always go exactly as planned.

I began my first round of immunotherapy treatment last winter. It was partially, but not completely, successful. So the plan is for me to begin another round of immunotherapy treatment in January.

I have been writing Dave and Morley stories over the past few months, but not with any regularity. I’ve been concentrating on my treatment and my health.

I don’t think airing repeats is fair to those of you who listen every week and have been so loyal over these past two decades. Nor is it fair to the writers and producers who are busy creating new work. There are lots of people creating great work, and it deserves to be heard and enjoyed.

So, for the time being, I’m going to step aside and make room for others to share their work on the radio. Starting in January 2017, we won’t be airing The Vinyl Cafe on CBC Radio, Sirius XM 169 or podcast. Public Radio stations in the USA will be airing episodes of Vinyl Cafe Stories until the end of February 2017.

I wanted to tell you that, but I don’t want you to worry about me. A year ago I told you that I expected this to be just a bump in the road, not the end of the road. I still believe that to be true. I hope we will meet up again—on the radio or in theatres. We’ll make sure to tell you before that happens. The best way to keep in touch is through our newsletter. If you aren’t already signed up for the newsletter, you can do that here.

In the meantime, look after yourselves and each other. And know that this isn’t goodbye. It’s just … so long for now.

Stuart McLean

To subscribe to The Vinyl Cafe - the stories the best told since the days of Steven Leacock, go here:

https://www.vinylcafe.com/newsletter/

A brilliant Canadian talent!

Archived