Castro Dead

Jaydee

Why do we have to discriminate? I mean, all comments seem to be referencing horny white men of every description, but white boys aren't alone when it comes to sex tourism; we seem to want to forget that about half of that traffic is comprised of white women that head south to pursue their own fantasies if you know what I mean.  

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, chockalicious said:

Interested to hear the other side of it because I don't see an upside. Didn't realize calling a sex tourist old and fat would be someting someone would object to.

I probably exaggerated when I called them all old and fat as only 99% were old and fat.

Sounds like you have spent a lot of time garnering these facts. :lol:

2 hours ago, chockalicious said:

That's what happens when you get out from behind a keyboard and have some life experience.

I would bet I am way ahead of you on Life Experience. And unlike some, my life experience continues to be added to.

It seems that we are going to send our Governor General to the Funeral.  Why the hell would we send someone to the funeral of a Dictator????? Family friend of the Trudeau's or not.  

28 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

It seems that we are going to send our Governor General to the Funeral.  Why the hell would we send someone to the funeral of a Dictator????? Family friend of the Trudeau's or not.  

Seriously?  I looked in vain for your posting of criticism of the attendees at the funeral of the King of Saudi Arabia. The following is a list of "mourners" from the US.

Malcolm....I expected more.

President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama changed their travel plans in India to attend the funeral and brought with them a delegation of 29 high-profile current and former U.S. officials and members of Congress.

Top U.S dignitaries on hand for the funeral include: Secretary of State John Kerry, CIA Director John Brennan, former Secretaries of State James Baker and Condoleezza Rice, and former national security advisers Brent Scowcroft, Sandy Berger, Stephen Hadley.

2 hours ago, UpperDeck said:

Seriously?  I looked in vain for your posting of criticism of the attendees at the funeral of the King of Saudi Arabia. The following is a list of "mourners" from the US.

Malcolm....I expected more.

President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama changed their travel plans in India to attend the funeral and brought with them a delegation of 29 high-profile current and former U.S. officials and members of Congress.

Top U.S dignitaries on hand for the funeral include: Secretary of State John Kerry, CIA Director John Brennan, former Secretaries of State James Baker and Condoleezza Rice, and former national security advisers Brent Scowcroft, Sandy Berger, Stephen Hadley.

What does this have to do with Canada and what we represent and who we should honour? I surely expected a more reasoned reply from you instead of what the US did / does.

Like him or not he was the leader of a nation.  I am sure dignitaries will attend Putins funeral when he passes.

This is politics people.  Feelings have nothing to do with it.

As for Castro, did he not actually rescue Cuba from Bautista who was far worse? The poverty that Cuba endured for the last 50+  years was the direct result of the US trade embargo not his choice of leadership style.

"One plausible answer is that Justin Trudeau finds it necessary to maintain and protect the murky family legacy of being soft on leftist authoritarians. He can hardly repudiate the record of a father on whose coattails he rides. "

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/terence-corcoran-why-justin-trudeau-shares-his-dads-love-of-murderous-communist-despots-like-castro

17 hours ago, Malcolm said:

What does this have to do with Canada and what we represent and who we should honour? I surely expected a more reasoned reply from you instead of what the US did / does.

My response will be brief. You spend a great deal of time "surfing" the internet. I quoted the news report of US attendees to serve two purposes; the US response to the death of a "dictator" who was of use to the US; the hypocracy of its criticism of Trudeau for offering kind words upon the death of a "dictator" who was NOT in its favour.

I anticipated you would appreciate the unspoken and if necessary, yourself look at how Canada dealt with the death of the King.

You criticized the bestowal by Canada of the honour of the attendance of the Govenor-General at the funeral of Castro.  The country was represented by the Governor-General at the funeral of the King of Saudi Arabia. He was dispatched by then PM Harper. You did not suggest in 2015 that this honour was inappropriate.

You may take comfort from the knowledge that "foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds".

50 minutes ago, UpperDeck said:

My response will be brief. You spend a great deal of time "surfing" the internet. I quoted the news report of US attendees to serve two purposes; the US response to the death of a "dictator" who was of use to the US; the hypocracy of its criticism of Trudeau for offering kind words upon the death of a "dictator" who was NOT in its favour.

I anticipated you would appreciate the unspoken and if necessary, yourself look at how Canada dealt with the death of the King.

You criticized the bestowal by Canada of the honour of the attendance of the Govenor-General at the funeral of Castro.  The country was represented by the Governor-General at the funeral of the King of Saudi Arabia. He was dispatched by then PM Harper. You did not suggest in 2015 that this honour was inappropriate.

You may take comfort from the knowledge that "foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds".

Feeling a little down today are we?  :rolleyes:

Malcolm...

Nah! Never down. How could I be in my circumstances?

But you, my correspondent. Reluctant to "engage"? You had "great expectations". Unrealized?

Be honest. You "trashed " Trudeau fils because he "honoured" Castro by dispatching the GG to the funeral. You over-played your hand. You have a negative opinion (gently stated) of Castro. Fair enough....we all have opinions honestly and fervently held that we do not feel we need to justify. The issue arises when you castigate (gently stated) others for holding a contrary opinion. 

Trudeau fils holds a different opinion than you.....and he holds a stronger hand.

But...of course...only my opinion.....and not one to which I'm wedded.

3 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

Perhaps "someone" was taking attendance;)

I watched the broadcast from Cuba.  Quite a site.  nothing like the "celebrations" in Miami.

Archived