Sign in to follow this  
deicer

Trump 2.0 Continues

4 hours ago, deicer said:

So while you pooh pooh me as being paranoid, you put up a quote that proves my point that a trump toady is doing exactly what I alluded to.

Lefties are just s-o-o freaking serious....

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Airband said:

Lefties are just s-o-o freaking serious....

I fear not serious enough. Clever memes, t-shirt slogans and proving points won't save the day.

Frankly, I'm amazed and appalled at the lack of situational and historical awareness. This has progressed far beyond the question of who is right and firmly entered into the domain of compromise and moderation... both of which seem to be foreign concepts even though they stand as the heart and soul of democracy. There is the real potential here that people will actually get what they want... 

I really don't think you (we and us) really want what we seem to be asking for here. There is simply no question in my mind that military service, including a foreign deployment, be mandatory prerequisites for every person who casts a vote. The lack of perspective is breathtaking.

Edited by Wolfhunter

1 hour ago, Wolfhunter said:

I really don't think you (we and us) really want what we seem to be asking for here. There is simply no question in my mind that military service, including a foreign deployment, be mandatory prerequisites for every person who casts a vote. The lack of perspective is breathtaking.

Ah, a fan of Heinlein.  👍  But we are now "Strangers in a strange land" but few "Gronk"

And yesterdays science fiction and dystopian prophecies have become today's political reality. You are right though, I fear that few grok it.

Edited by Wolfhunter

1 hour ago, deicer said:

Unhinged...

The upcoming 'election that never ends' will probably take care of it - maybe.

There will be no election.  What you are witnessing now is escalating to a military coup.  Meet your new supreme leader

19 hours ago, boestar said:

There will be no election.  What you are witnessing now is escalating to a military coup.  Meet your new supreme leader

Don't think so, senior military leadership is probably only second to the democrats in wanting him gone and he hasn't done much to engender loyalty in the highly racialized lower ranks.

Almost funny.

To date there is only one group who have failed to accept an election result. If you want to know what they will do, simply look at the accusations they make and hold a mirror in front of them. If there has been a single call for unity, moderation or calm, I haven't heard it.

No shortage of inflammatory BS though.... exactly what the country doesn't need right now.  

Clyburn claims Trump won’t leave office quietly, military might have to step in

Edited by Wolfhunter

I really don't believe you will see any military action, as mentioned above, they aren't behind trump.

What I feel you will see is a continuation of the pattern that trump has shown throughout his business dealings and with everything that has happened in the White House.  He will immediately launch legal proceedings challenging every and all aspect of his loss and will refuse to transfer power until he claims that the truth was found.  Regardless of the reality.

And yes, they will probably have to physically remove him.

An old technique from an old playbook and a staple of revolutionary tyrants. They always think nobody will notice.  

That's not to say there shouldn't be reforms and sensible controls, but these very people have set those efforts back at least 20 years as a result of their own actions. Those who have supported strict gun control or confiscation have routinely argued that only the government can provide safety and security. That argument appears to have collapsed.

There will be about 5 million (brand new) first time gun owners by the time election day rolls around; all as a result of riots, looting and police defunding. In other words because they are scared. Who's in charge here? instead of reassurances, appealing for calm or promoting unity.... scare em some more eh? 

Liberalism has become a mental disorder. All ya had to do was nothing, this could have been soooooo  easy. Trump would have tubed himself, now he is the only thing that stands in the way of complete madness and election violence is a virtual certainty... well done fools.

"New York AG sues, seeks to dissolve National Rifle Association"

Edited by Wolfhunter

Hmmm Trump Old Testament and Biden New Testament.....😄

Trump says Biden is 'against God and he's against guns'

• 06 Aug 2020

Hatred toward Donald Trump knows no bounds

The approach to the American presidential election — now but four months off — is already shaping up to be like no other in modern memory.

I know it is a trite observation, and one uttered during every single campaign for the most powerful office in the world, that this is the most important, significant, life-changing — pick your epithet — election ever. That has been claimed for every campaign since John F. Kennedy faced Richard Nixon.

But this time it is true. It is true because of its most obvious factor and its most commanding — or polarizing — personality: President Donald Trump. For all the literally — and I’m old fashioned enough to mean “literally” when I write it — millions of words that have been written about Trump, there is still no adequate accounting of why he has so completely mesmerized the American public, so utterly fixated the attention and focus of all political commentary or why and how he has managed to ensure that the entire dynamic of U.S. politics hinges on his person and practice.

There is but one political fact in all American politics: Donald J. Trump is president. And around that fact every other force revolves — and has revolved, to the astonishment and depthless consternation of the entire Democratic party and much of the media, from the very moment, nearly four years ago, that he blistered the succession of a second Clinton to the imperial powers of the presidency.

This was not supposed to be. To the fierce supporters of Hillary Clinton, it was like some kind of dark miracle, a product of strange and invisible forces. Clinton, according to her enlightened tribe, had everything but John the Baptist visiting the Potomac and a dove circling her head, proclaiming her “The Inevitable.” She was certainly not supposed to lose.

However, there was no dove; John the Baptist doesn’t make house calls to the Democratic party. The inevitable, sometimes, isn’t what it’s cracked up to be.

He won. She lost. That was in 2016. And it still burns. The entire flow of American politics since that moment, late in the night, when the networks reluctantly, with such anguished incredulity, pronounced Trump president-elect, has been an intense denial of the legitimacy of that result.

For what we have come to call the punditry, this was not just an error or a flaw in the democracy. It was something more deep, something in the character of what an earlier age used to recognize as a sin. It was morally wrong that the “buffoon” — which is how they saw Trump — should have “stolen” — which is how they saw the result — victory from her immaculate self — which is how they saw Clinton.

That unwillingness, that stubborn inability to accept a democratic verdict, has propelled U.S. politics for the last three and a half years. The absurd, prolonged and obsessively covered (even CBC and CTV up here mired themselves, from heel to neck, in it) “Russia collusion” hoax was a direct result. Real journalism would never have allowed that engineered plot line to metastasize as it did, and in the process wound, perhaps even fatally, the very practice of journalism.

It is necessary to note that all, including the aforementioned Canadian networks, who drowned themselves in the collusion fixation, have not offered the slightest reckoning of why and how they were so wrong for so long. The answer to their fixation is that they reported what they wished to be true, as opposed to what was. They did this because their personal opinion of Trump was a condition of their reportage. There is a great mischief in confounding predilection with analysis; in confusing what you would wish to be the case with what is the case.

Regardless of how large and outlandish that personality is, Trump is a symbol more than a personality. The intensity of the responses, positive and negative, to his idea of America is unprecedented, and the divide between those who support it and those who disdain it is huge and unbridgeable. On the left, it has given rise to the notion that extreme actions, actions beyond any norm of standard political contest, are justified. Some measure of political violence is being normalized.

Naturally his supporters will respond in kind, the chasm will deepen and the country will be severely tested.  The run up to the Nov. 3 election threatens to be one of most trying times in modern American history.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-hatred-toward-donald-trump-knows-no-bounds

I'm not getting this....

Hispanic folks in the US (when viewed as a group) are more culturally diverse than US born black voters. I don't see how this is anything other than a truism.

Republicans should avoid playing Demonrat games.... theres work to do, get er done. Once Biden comes out of the basement, people will get a a good look at the corner they have painted themselves into. What's actually on display here is liberal hypocrisy and a ridiculous level of media bias. In fact, the media is no longer worthy of the title and most news is nothing more than propaganda.

https://www.theoutlook.ca/biden-risks-alienating-young-black-voters-after-race-remarks-1.24183250

Edited by Wolfhunter

This is how you flex your dictatorship muscles and sabotage an election...

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/07/friday-night-massacre-us-postal-service-postmaster-general-major-trump-donor-ousts

Friday Night Massacre' at US Postal Service as Postmaster General—a Major Trump Donor—Ousts Top Officials

"America is in a dead sprint to authoritarianism. The man is pulling out all the stops to prevent the citizens of this country from holding a legitimate election in which he might face removal from office."

The shake-up came as congressional Democrats called for an investigation of DeJoy and the cost-cutting measures that have slowed mail delivery and ensnared ballots in recent primary elections. 

Twenty-three postal executives were reassigned or displaced, the new organizational chart shows. Analysts say the structure centralizes power around DeJoy, a former logistics executive and major ally of President Trump, and de-emphasizes decades of institutional postal knowledge. All told, 33 staffers included in the old postal hierarchy either kept their jobs or were reassigned in the restructuring, with five more staffers joining the leadership from other roles.

This headline pretty much sums up everything that's wrong with the Democratic party.

If you can't see the folly in it, turn the whole thing on its head.... by that I mean a senior party official insisting the choice must be a white male. Then add in a bit of JT's because it's 2020.

If I were a black women who worked hard to achieve a high level of ability,  if I was a real contender for the position and if I wanted to be respected in the position as one worthy of it, I would find it insulting to have my selection come down to gender and skin tone. Or even worse, be rejected out of hand because I had the wrong skin colour.

It seems to me this is exactly what the women's movement has struggled against for years. You might just as well add "attractive" to the prerequisite to make the absurdity of it complete.

Maxine Waters: Biden ‘can’t go home without a Black woman being VP’

"We’re going to have a Black woman VP," says Waters

And you would think that with 3 months to go everyone of every gender and every colour would be focused on making the damn thing work when it's needed most..... but no. Someone will pay a price for the rancorous buffoonery and it will be fun to see who it is. Even the Russian nonsense continues unabated, and no one appreciates it more than China.

Trump bypasses Congress, signs executive orders extending some coronavirus benefits

Orders could face legal battles over spending of taxpayer money without Congressional approval

Edited by Wolfhunter

It worked well last time so why not?  It's just interesting that U.S. intelligence has come out and said the republicans are working with Russia....

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/08/russia-ukraine-trump-biden-intelligence-foreign-interference-election.html

U.S. Intelligence Says Republicans Are Working With Russia to Reelect Trump

Two weeks ago, William Evanina, director of the United States National Counterintelligence and Security Center, published a somewhat vague warning about various forms of foreign interference in the upcoming election. On Friday, he followed up with a more direct and incriminating one, specifically warning that Russia is working to help reelect Donald Trump. Even more important is what this warning unmistakably implies: that Trump and his Republican allies in Congress are actively cooperating with Russia’s campaign.

So those in the US seem to have 2 guite differently backed runners to chose from

https://techcrunch.com/2020/06/04/google-china-iran-trump-biden/

1. Trump who is evidently who is suspected to be a favourite of Russia.

2. Biden who is suspected to be a favourite of China and Iran.

I wonder how many folks are flipping a coin? 😀

It's now basically Donald Trump vs. Kamala Harris for president

Considering Joe Biden’s age — and endless fumbling — the selection of a vice president has never been more important. Heck, even many Democrats aren’t so sure Biden is going to finish his first term. So the question now is: Do you want a President Harris?

On Tuesday, Biden tapped Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) as his running mate. He’d locked himself in when he vowed, during the primaries, to put a woman on the ticket, and with the left focused heavily on race — and after Biden’s own slurs of African Americans — he likely felt obliged to choose a black woman.

Harris, the daughter of an Indian mother and Jamaican father, identifies as black; she’s now the first black woman on a major party’s presidential ticket.

SEE ALSO

What top Democrats think about Kamala Harris choice

Voters have been waiting eagerly to hear Biden’s announcement, given that many think she’d wind up as president even before Biden finished a first term.

A Rasmussen Reports poll this week found that 59 percent of likely voters see it as “likely” that his veep will take over before his first term ends — and 39 percent say “very likely.”

Even among Democrats, nearly half — 49 percent — think it likely Biden won’t last a full four years. (And he’s already indicated that he won’t run for a second term even if he does make it.)

Bottom line: When Americans pull the lever in November, their choice will be, in effect, between President Trump and Kamala Harris.

The nation will learn more about Harris in the coming days, weeks and months — though her performance as a presidential candidate during this year’s primaries already makes it fairly clear that she stands far to the left.

Americans need to know as much about what she believes as what Joe Biden does. If voters want someone less extreme for president, they’ll need to keep Harris’ positions in mind when they make their choice.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/11/its-now-basically-donald-trump-vs-kamala-harris-for-president/?utm_campaign=applenews&utm_medium=inline&utm_source=applenews