Sign in to follow this  
deicer

Trump 2.0 Continues

This (to me) seems like the logical fallout of the sanctuary city foolishness whereby individual jurisdictions decide not to enforce federal and state law. Regardless of differing opinions as to who is right, this seems like a recent and dangerous breakdown in the rule of law. We now have jurisdictions ignoring immigration law, firearm regulations, emergency orders from duly elected governors, state abortion rules etc. Maybe I'm missing something but It seems like a recipe for anarchy and it's shocking that no one appears bothered by the potential for craziness. 

I don't like JT's mindlessly stupid OIC either but I still think people should follow the law. Personally, I would cut all state and federal funding to sanctuary cities as a warning, press the REINIT button and give the others 6 months to follow the rule of law or suffer the same fate. Might be time for people to grow up and pay for what they say they want... which stands as my single biggest issue with voters of all stripes. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/some-michigan-law-enforcement-agencies-refusing-to-enforce-whitmers-coronavirus-order

Edited by Wolfhunter

Operating more and more like a dictatorship...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/18/state-dept-ig-trump-fired-was-investigating-saudi-arms-sale.html

House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., said Monday in a statement to CNBC: “I have learned that there may be another reason for Mr. Linick’s firing. His office was investigating—at my request—Trump’s phony declaration of an emergency so he could send weapons to Saudi Arabia.”

“We don’t have the full picture yet, but it’s troubling that Secretary Pompeo wanted Mr. Linick pushed out before this work could be completed,” Engel said.

Pompeo said in an interview with The Washington Post on Monday that Linick was fired because he “wasn’t performing a function in a way that we had tried to get him to” and that he was “trying to undermine what it was that we were trying to do.”

5 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

This (to me) seems like the logical fallout of the sanctuary city foolishness whereby individual jurisdictions decide not to enforce federal and state law.

Eventually it gets to the point where laws which are perceived to be stupid are disregarded by everyone including the police.  Personally, I do not think this line is crossed in this case but, clearly others do.  You're right, this is the first step toward anarchy.  At some time in the future people will look back and ask, "how could we have not seen this?"

Edited by seeker

2 hours ago, deicer said:

Is the die cast?

The end is nigh, a few more 900+ Dow days will finish him off.

• Thanks 1

Headline of the day award.... when all attempts at remedial calendar instruction have failed:

Dems tell Supreme Court of 'ongoing' new impeachment inquiry in effort to obtain Mueller materials

Edited by Wolfhunter

3 hours ago, Airband said:

The end is nigh, a few more 900+ Dow days will finish him off.

That part of the economy is only good for 1% of the population.  

What about those who are out of jobs?  Will they be as enthusiastic when their one time stimulus runs out?

Or are you saying those who benefit from the market are also the ones who buy the elections?

Edited by deicer

1 hour ago, deicer said:

Or are you saying those who benefit from the market are also the ones who buy the elections?

No, but I would say a significant portion of the 55% of Americans invested in the stock market through individual stocks, mutual funds and 401K's vote in them.

13 hours ago, Wolfhunter said:

...but I still think people should follow the law...

This is the fundamental difference between how our two countries evolved. Canada developed law and order before the settlers moved in; the Americans had the wild, wild west where lawlessness, the hired and/or fastest gun, the cheat, the gambler made local law. Whenever local law was challenged, someone died in a gunfight. Americans THRIVE on this lore and this behaviour. Some of the biggest figures in American history are those who stood up to government ("The Law") and lost.

America (at least continental America) seems to be reverting as the current administration's divide and incite campaign continues. Joe is going to have his hands full of numerous insurrections once elected even with a huge majority in the House, the Senate and the popular vote.

One person with an AR-15 and a voice can control/manipulate thousands...

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Airband said:

No, but I would say a significant portion of the 55% of Americans invested in the stock market through individual stocks, mutual funds and 401K's vote in them.

While 55% of Americans may well hold stocks, the reality of it is that the concentration of ownership is mainly at the top.  My assumption still holds correct.

https://www.financialsamurai.com/what-percent-of-americans-own-stocks/

According to the Federal Reserve, of the 10 percent of families with the highest income, 92 percent owned stock as of 2013, just above where it had been in 2007. But ownership slipped for people in the bottom half of the income distribution, and to a lesser degree for people who were above the median but below the top 10 percent.

As of 2020, the top 10 percent of Americans owned an average of $969,000 in stocks. The next 40 percent owned $132,000 on average. For the bottom half of families, it was just under $54,000.

We’ve seen a massive rise in the S&P 500 since 2009, meaning that serious wealth has been made by the wealthiest of Americans. What’s even more astounding is that the top 1 percent of households by wealth owned nearly 38 percent of all stocks shares according to research by NYU economist Edward Wolff.

Surprisingly though, stock ownership has fallen to only around 52% overall since the financial crisis. This is shocking and unfortunate since the S&P 500 has been marching to new record highs each year. Check out the latest data below. This is the latest data we have for early 2020. 

So what does this all mean? The wealth gap continues to increase. Those families in the 90th percentile have a net worth of almost $1,000,000. Meanwhile, those in the 50th percentile or below hardly have any net worth at all.

13 hours ago, Moon The Loon said:

deicer - you a "bad boy"??

Hey, I like to post the words spoken and the facts.  

Some like it, some don't.  

All I ask is argue the reality, not the spin.

1 hour ago, deicer said:

My assumption still holds correct.

Afraid not. Your stated assumption was 'that part of the economy is only good for 1% of the population'. With respect, the other 54% also enjoy the benefit of a rising market.

• Like 1

My assumption was that the 1%, which gets the greatest benefit of the rising market, are the ones who are still investing, still building wealth, and are still able to buy elections.

With respect to the other 54%, do you think they are contributing the majority of their one time $1200 stimulus cheque to the markets to enjoy the rise?  Or will the bottom half which only have an average   of $54,000 in holdings(according to my post) make enough in the rise to retire comfortably?  (As averages go, half that 54% hold less.)

So my assumption still stands.

2 hours ago, deicer said:

So my assumption still stands.

lol, nice try. 'that part of the economy is only good for 1% of the population' - your own words, can't get around it

16 hours ago, Airband said:

lol, nice try. 'that part of the economy is only good for 1% of the population' - your own words, can't get around it

67% of Canadians have RRSPs and about 3/4 of those folks plan (or have already) made a contribution for this year.  The torturous 1% argument has been around since the days of Rome and Liberals have yet to do a bloody thing about it except talk.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 1

The 62% of Canadians who do contribute to RRSP's tend to put it into savings accounts, not the markets.

Different world from the U.S.

https://boomerandecho.com/examining-canadians-rrsp-contribution-habits/

More Canadians were putting money regularly into savings (60 percent), than into investments (36 percent). Is this a Canadian thing? Why are some of us content to hold cash in our retirement accounts rather than investing smartly into a globally diversified portfolio of ETFs?

Perhaps it’s due to the stock market correction we saw in the last quarter of 2018. The survey was conducted between November 30th and December 5th; smack dab in the middle of the mini market meltdown.

Total, complete, utter  and abject failure... not a mistake, deliberate lies and fabrications. And yet, within the confines of the vortex, the narrative lives on. All you can do now is vote em down and ignore their noise between elections. All roads lead where? 

When you deliberately repeat a mistake over and over, it's not a mistake.... it's a decision. 

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-it-was-the-most-explosive-story-of-the-past-century-and-the-media-got-it-wrong?video_autoplay=true 

Edited by Wolfhunter

23 minutes ago, Wolfhunter said:

Total, complete, utter  and abject failure... not a mistake, deliberate lies and fabrications. And yet, within the confines of the vortex, the narrative lives on. All you can do now is vote em down and ignore their noise between elections. All roads lead where? 

When you deliberately repeat a mistake over and over, it's not a mistake.... it's a decision. 

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-it-was-the-most-explosive-story-of-the-past-century-and-the-media-got-it-wrong?video_autoplay=true 

CAN’T BE SO...hold the phone !!!!!!!  Must be Fake News.....We’ve been told for 3 years by the off site reporter from the NYT and CNN.....THE NOOSE IS TIGHTENING. 🤣🤣

23 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

We’ve been told for 3 years by the off site reporter from the NYT and CNN.....THE NOOSE IS TIGHTENING. 🤣🤣

Compared to JT and the CBC, US Demonrats (including CNN and MSNBC) are buffoons who can't read a calendar. 

JT is exactly the same animal with smarter more tactical packaging, and of course, great hair. I actually enjoy watching what he manages to get away with. Smarter lies and better deceptions take time and effort, Demonrats are simply not willing to put in the work.... he is.

Edited by Wolfhunter

I guess you guys never read Mueller's report, eh? I'm sure it's still out there if you google it. Even in it's redacted form it's still a total condemnation of tRump and exposes lots of collusion and obstruction. Bill Barr lied like hell. ...and still is. Same, of course for tRump.

You really should read it. So should Rex Murphy, obviously. 

Even more signs of collusion with Russia. 

It should now be clear to all that dumping the INF Treaty and Open Skies is nothing more than a clever ruse. He has clearly shown himself to be a Russian sleeper agent and another impeachment hearing is warranted.

Since the House intelligence Committee hasn't been following the world's intelligence situation for the last year and a half anyway, they might as well give it another shot. They could rename themselves the House Impeachment Committee which is more inline with their current function.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52760420

And wait.... could this possibly be the very same "light" Trump was widely ridiculed in the Liberal media about?

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/uv-c-germincidal-light-grocery-sanitizer-kiosk-debuts-in-t-o

Since we are tuned to Theatre of The Absurd anyway, I might just as well include the headline of the day award. Y'all think there are grounds for a reasonable discussion with this lady or do we just ignore her?

Journalist Says She Would Vote Biden Even ‘If He Boiled Babies and Ate Them’

Edited by Wolfhunter

In other words, no, you haven't read the report. I didn't think so. You wouldn't be talking like you do if you had. You talk like you believe you know so much, but in truth, you're too lazy to learn the truth. That's a shame.