Sign in to follow this  
deicer

Trump 2.0 Continues

All of this is exactly why I don't like links to "other peoples opinions"...  

Every once in a while (like today) I will actually read a couple. Invariably it reaffirms why I normally don't. I can just imagine people desperately searching the internet for opinion pieces that support their opinion in order to counter the opinion pieces of people who's opinion is different. I'm willing to bet they simply eliminate anything that doesn't support their narrative and immediately move on to more fertile ground. 

IMO, the information age has made people too lazy to form their own opinions, the news media feed into that with spin and sound bites tailor made for them. All that accomplishes, in the absence of relative (been there, done that) experience is to promote the proliferation and weaponization of misinformation. 

I can't begin to even guess how many times I've read some nonsense online, looked at the authors name and said to myself "I don't remember seeing you there." Consider your last airborne emergency and diversion.... did they get it right? That's a simple W5 (who, what, when etc) piece and should be nothing more than a factual account. 

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 1

Kind of reminds me of Nancy.

So, I propose that the next headline should read "deicer Outs POTUS As a Woman"

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Haha 1

"Transgender Activists Brand the Outing As "Hate Speech"

"LGBTQQIP2SAAO  Community  "Rips" Into deicer For Outing President As a Woman"

OK, I'm done now... but don't tell the Democrats that the clock is ticking and it might be time to get back to the nation's business. Watching this is pure entertainment.

Here's a link to more madness. Maybe there are no calendars in the House....

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/appeals-court-hands-trump-win-rules-dem-lawmakers-cannot-sue-over-business-payments

Edited by Wolfhunter

I always say follow the money:  https://www.npr.org/documents/about/statements/fy2019/NPR_Consolidated_Financial_Statements_2019.pdf

NPR Revenues

NPR is an independent, non-profit media organization. We are also a membership organization of separately licensed and operated public radio stations across the United States.

A large portion of NPR's revenue comes from dues and fees paid by our Member stations and underwriting from corporate sponsors. Other sources of revenue include institutional grants, individual contributions and fees paid by users of the Public Radio Satellite System (PRSS; i.e., Distribution and satellite interconnection services).

NPR's Average Consolidated Revenues from Changes in New Assets without Donor Restrictions (FY 2015 - FY2019)

NPR

Dues and fees paid by our Member stations are the largest portion of NPR's revenue. This includes fees paid to air the NPR newsmagazines, other programming we produce and distribute, digital support services and annual member dues. Historically, station dues and fees have grown steadily in tandem with audiences for NPR programs and the number of stations presenting these shows.

The most significant component of station dues and fees revenue is the charge for carrying our premier newsmagazines — Morning Edition, All Things Considered, and Weekend Edition. These programs are priced based on the amount of listening per station multiplied by a common unit price. We charge more as the volume of listening increases and, in turn, stations are able to raise more funds from their supporters and communities.

Non-newsmagazine program fees (for example, Fresh Air) make up the next largest component of station dues and fees revenue. These programs are priced on a rate that is tiered in proportion to the station's total revenue, meaning a very large station will pay more for these programs than a very small station.

Annual Member dues and fees for digital services make up the balance of stations dues and fees revenue. The Member dues and a portion of the fees for digital services are charged at flat rates. Payment of member dues entitles stations to be represented by NPR before Congress and regulators, and extends to them rights to NPR programming, digital distribution, and other services.

Corporate Sponsorship Support

Covering the news requires significant resources. The funds NPR receives from corporate donors are an important part of the revenues that fuel NPR's in-depth reporting and programming, but only a part. The largest portion of NPR's revenue comes from dues and fees paid by our Member Stations.

Corporate sponsors cannot influence NPR's coverage. NPR journalists have no role in selecting corporate sponsors. Our journalists are trained in the ethics and practices of journalism which prevent outside groups from influencing their objectivity, story selection, and reporting. You can read the code of ethics in place at NPR here. When news warrants, we will report on the activities of companies that support NPR.

Messages acknowledging NPR's national sponsors are presented on air in short announcements, and are presented in visual and audio form on NPR.org and other digital services.

NPR makes decisions about national corporate sponsors based on principles established by NPR's Board of Directors. Under those principles, NPR has no list of sources from which funding will be refused. However, potential conflict of interest or similar concerns are considered in accepting or rejecting support from particular entities.

This approach results in a diverse pool of funders which is an important basis of NPR's impartiality as a news organization. To impose a litmus test to accept or reject funding from an organization would create the appearance that NPR as a news organization has taken a position on the issues related to that organization.

Corporate sponsorship is managed by a separate subsidiary of NPR, called National Public Media (NPM), which handles corporate sponsorship for NPR and PBS. As noted above, NPR journalists have no role in selecting corporate sponsors. You can find more about National Public Media on the web here.

Grants and Contributions

Grants from institutions and non-profits have made it possible for NPR to maintain its current programming, and launch new programs and initiatives. They have also allowed us to expand coverage of major news topics including international news, education, science, the environment, and the economy. Many of these grants also directly and indirectly benefit Member Stations. NPR and our Member stations share a common mission and many of the same strategic goals. Together, we are increasingly engaging philanthropic partners at high levels. These individuals and families are interested in supporting transformational, strategic advancements in public media's capacity to meet major societal needs. The NPR Foundation, working in collaboration with Member stations, is poised to make a significant contribution to t

46 minutes ago, deicer said:

And the purge starts:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/politics/alex-vindman-donald-trump-impeachment/index.html

Edited by Moon The Loon
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, deicer said:

Ok, no opinion, just facts.

Here's a snapshot of life in the White House...

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-routinely-ripped-important-documents-mans-job-was-scotch-tape-them-back-969838

😂😂😂 Seriously you are quoting NEWSWEEK LOLOLOL

This then will surely make you weep.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2020/01/50-media-mistakes-in-the-trump-era-the-definitive-list/

You can keep refreshing as the link has real time updates

I thought fascism had to do with a government that assumes full power and uses that power to suppress opposition, crush criticism, and regiment national industries.... it also (usually) displays overtones of racism.

When I think of political correctness, violent instances of cancel culture, identity politics (that border on tribalism), the draconian industrial effect the green new deal would have and the squads overt hostility toward Israel, it makes me see how important the win really is. 

In short, I agree with your meme but not for the reasons you think. It seems to be pointed at the wrong target. That said, even the premise needs a bit of work, those unwilling to negotiate (the ones eager to "fight") are the most susceptible to becoming exactly what they believe they are fighting against.... "long lines of the new oppressors"

If you are about to assert that "the ends justify the means," then you are in good company. Although originally coined by Nechayev, it was used to full practical effect by Lenin and Stalin.

Edited by Wolfhunter

My goodness, watch the video imbedded in the tweet. 

Republicans are catching on to Democratic TTPs, using it against them and they know how to read a calendar.

There are more parodies of "Nancy on a tear" to come and some will be set to music. What did you think was going to happen?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-demand-twitter-yank-edited-video-of-pelosi-ripping-state-of-the-union-speech-posted-by-trump

Edited by Wolfhunter

29 minutes ago, deicer said:

Aaaaaand the knot keeps untangling...

Did you read that link I posted about being right vs winning? I only put it there for you. 

• Haha 3

From the "what did you think was going to happen?" file..... BTW, I moved it to the "do you want to be right/do you want to win" drawer.

"Breaking News, Bombshell Report, Smoking Gun Documents"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rudy-giuliani-tells-sen-graham-to-get-started-on-the-hunter-biden-investigation

That smoking gun has fired more rounds in the last year than I have in my whole life.... where does it stop?

Results from the Investigation into the investigators will be released with reference to a calendar (a concept lost on Democrats) and the timing will make Goldilocks proud (not too early, not too late). 

Edited by Wolfhunter

Seriously?

If they have evidence that is so obvious, then turn it over to the FBI, DOJ, or some other legitimate agency.

Giving it to Graham, one of the senators who passed judgement on a trial regarding witnesses, evidence and the verdict before the trial even started is akin to having John Gotti doing an investigation on the the illegal activities of the mafia.

12 hours ago, deicer said:

Seriously?

Yup...

The whole thing borders on madness and does no one any good. We have had nothing but "breaking news, bombshell report" for the last 3 years. Just check out the previous 163 pages and gird your loins for Trump 3.0 Continues. 

Clearly you are not ready to get on with the grunt and neither are they. I think it's self defeating but most of the Trump fans are rooting for you. Winning should be dead easy here, but no....

Y'all come getcha some!

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6131413045001#sp=show-clips

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

Here is the problem (or one of them) with virtue signalling and being "woke"... not only does it fail to acknowledge reality, it comes back to haunt you and label you a hypocrite.

In the absence of mindless, craven, politically motivated virtue signalling, this would be a nothing burger and I wouldn't think twice about it. Now I have little (OK, zero) sympathy for these folks:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bloomberg-stop-and-frisk

There is only one question to be asked.... and by now you can guess what it is. WTFDYTWGTH?

Edited by Wolfhunter

Those without a calendar might think all of this is just an accident, some might even believe the producer when he asserts that it wasn't intended to create division..... he didn't say it wasn't intended to capitalize on it though.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/the-hunt-new-release-date-trailer

Doing the work and earning the win is always a better option.

Edited by Wolfhunter

On 2/8/2020 at 7:26 AM, Jaydee said:

Emptying the swamp one rat at a time !! Go Trump Go !

Emptying the swamp? Seriously? He's done nothing but fill the swamp with alligators...

• Like 1

“ What a chaotic week for US democracy last week was. An “epic fiasco” – as The New York Times termed it – of an Iowa caucus on Monday. A shredded State of the Union address on Tuesday. A presidential impeachment trial acquittal on Wednesday. Democrats cheering for a Republican senator they loathe on Thursday. And, on Friday, a debate among seven candidates whose salient campaign message is that they’re not Donald Trump.

Oh, and that they’ll give you the money they take from rich people.

You’d think American democracy is on its last legs if you read the US press. The largely liberal media hate the man in the White House more than anyone since Richard Nixon. Well, OK, since the last Republican president. But they really hate this guy.“

• Like 1