Sign in to follow this  
deicer

Trump 2.0 Continues

This might answer some of the questions I've had from the very beginning. I just checked the CNN web page and they are actually covering some news items today....

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6018155282001/#sp=show-clips

Is it possible that they are now feeling as silly as they have sounded for the past 2 years?  Some may recall the old CRM "strength of an idea" concept. This was that on steroids and those who started the fire are now in danger of being consumed by it.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mueller-probe-coverage-was-a-catastrophic-media-failure

The level of absurdity now speaks for itself and requires no further examination of cause/effect; It stands naked for all (with eyes) to see. As Sgt Preston would say "well King, looks like this case is closed."

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6018368833001/#sp=show-clips

Edited by Wolfhunter

I have noticed the obvious pivot in CNN coverage as well.... note that the article itself is basically a transcript of the video. 

The Liberal values I once agreed with, supported, and voted for are simply a memory of days long past. "How did we get here?" is no longer even the question, it's "how did we get here so fast?" and how did "my party" (across the spectrum) become so predictable, hateful, racist, and morally bankrupt in such a short period of time? It's nothing short of astounding. 

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-cnn-is-really-a-super-pac-colluding-with-the-democratic-party-on-the-news-you-hear

It's everywhere you look now and it seems like there is no escape from Liberals run amuck. The Southern Poverty Law Center monitors hate groups and other extremists throughout the U.S. and exposes their activities to law enforcement agencies, the media and the public. Obviously there are no mirrors there...

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6019121477001/#sp=show-clips

And doesn't' this make the whole Smollett thing even worse and elevate it to a racist hate crime? No? Then try this, get a couple of white body builders, dress them up in black face and have them attack a white person while shouting hateful anti white epitaphs... see how that works out for ya.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jussie-smolletts-attorney-not-at-all-concerned-over-possible-doj-fbi-investigation-nothing-improper-was-done

Here at home, the incidents of police misconduct, lost and stolen police weapons, their inclusion in  domestically sourced crime gun stats, and their obvious political participation (where are the Danforth shooting results?) is becoming tiresome and predictable. We all know exactly why there is limited information from the Danforth investigation.... right?

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/toronto-cop-charged-with-assault-causing-bodily-harm

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/shane-donovan-nathan-parker-niagara-pelham-shooting-1.5076056

Edited by Wolfhunter

Party Values have changed SIGNIFICANTLY over the last several years.  Certainly before Trump came along.  It's only getting worse.  Next time the pendulum swings.... Thats when you will see a problem.  

I am still predicting the second American Revolution before 2025.  It aint gonna be pretty

On 3/28/2019 at 2:30 PM, boestar said:

I am still predicting the second American Revolution before 2025.  It aint gonna be pretty

There are a number of models for the rise and fall of great civilizations but I like this one in terms of its applicability to our situation. I think we have a bit more time than you do but say that only because I retain a bit of confidence in the survival instinct of the voting public. Should my faith prove unfounded, or be overcome by circumstance, we certainly possess the ability to do ourselves great harm in a short period of time.

Once a tipping point is crossed, entry into the next phase comes very quickly indeed and the time interval between stages decreases as it advances. In addition, once a line is crossed, there is no going back. In this context, polarization is a result of, and proportional to, apathy; there will be only two sides and the gulf between them will increase with time as will the animosity....so, we are getting there to be sure. It was ever so, and yet, in the face of indisputable evidance of this, it will continue unabated due to the arrogance that always comes with apathy...at present, 32 counties in the US are second amendment sanctuaries and it's in direct response, and opposition to the rise  sanctuary cities. The line between apathy and contempt is so thin it almost doesn't exist and it sounds something like "I don't care about your laws, they don't apply to me!" IMO, that started with "not my president" and has been expanding since. The next election cycle will be fun to watch.

From bondage to spiritual growth

From spiritual growth to great courage

From courage to liberty

From liberty to abundance

From abundance to complacency

From complacency to apathy

From apathy to dependence

From dependence back to bondage

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

What ever happened to the noose that was tightening, or that plot that was thickening almost daily ??

At virtually every turn these fools show themselves unfit to govern a dogs funeral with only the family cat in attendance.

I can only conclude that they are secretly working for the Trump campaign and should be investigated for attempting to thwart electoral democracy. The clock is ticking, the country is burning, and not a single one of them can even play the fiddle. Democracy with Democrats is like fishing with bagpipes. Dump this AOC person and apologize to Biden before he changes his mind. I'm eager to hear anything from them that doesn't have the taste of stupid. Really now, give me one sensible policy initiative or something that qualifies as a reasonable alternative... put the phone down and stop tweeting or squeaking or squawking or whatever it is that you are doing before it's too late (and it likely already is). The timing of investigations into the origin of the Russian mess is looking like it will blow up in their faces at the worst possible time and I stand in awe.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-and-liz-cheney-disagree-on-twitter-over-knowledge-of-22nd-amendment-constitution

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-dems-introduce-bill-to-abolish-electoral-college

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

From the "what did you think was going to happen?" file.

Both the Democrats and CNN are looking sillier by the day and it's a dangerous brand of silly with serious long term consequences.

In Roman history, I always wondered how educated, capable people could get it all so terribly and ridiculously wrong. History repeats itself over and over.... by way of example, any gym rats in the crowd will likely have noticed that "new studies" in weight training methods support exactly what your wrestling coach told you back in the 70's, so don't throw out those bell bottoms, they'll be back. That said though, I remain grateful for the opportunity to watch it all unfold. 

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/mainstream-media-changes-border-crisis-illegal-immigration

Edited by Wolfhunter

With any luck this will help sink CNN, (especially CNN ) MSNBC and The New York Times once and for all. Their blatant deception and outright lies are coming home to roost.

5 hours ago, Jaydee said:

With any luck this will help sink CNN, (especially CNN ) MSNBC and The New York Times once and for all. Their blatant deception and outright lies are coming home to roost.

I wouldn’t want to see the demise of CNN, MSNBC, etc as they have been instrumental in shining a bright light on the Democratic Party which is now a slow motion closed loop train wreck IMO.

Old guard, traditional Democrats must be horrified at what they are seeing here… as I am when I consider what the Liberal party has morphed into. Both have become unsupportable and both have worked hard at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It all reminds me of a rabbit that breaks cover at the last second to hurl itself under the wheels of a passing truck… sometimes, all ya have to do is nothing and if you are already in a hole just stop digging; even the rabbit has that cased.

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Like 1

This is interesting.  It runs in the family.

Retiring as a Judge, Trump’s Sister Ends Court Inquiry Into Her Role in Tax Dodges

President Trump’s older sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, has retired as a federal appellate judge, ending an investigation into whether she violated judicial conduct rules by participating in fraudulent tax schemes with her siblings.

The court inquiry stemmed from complaints filed last October, after an investigation by The New York Times found that the Trumps had engaged in dubious tax schemes during the 1990s, including instances of outright fraud, that greatly increased the inherited wealth of Mr. Trump and his siblings. Judge Barry not only benefited financially from most of those tax schemes, The Times found; she was also in a position to influence the actions taken by her family.

Judge Barry, now 82, has not heard cases in more than two years but was still listed as an inactive senior judge, one step short of full retirement. In a letter dated Feb. 1, a court official notified the four individuals who had filed the complaints that the investigation was “receiving the full attention” of a judicial conduct council. Ten days later, Judge Barry filed her retirement papers.

The status change rendered the investigation moot, since retired judges are not subject to the conduct rules. The people who filed the complaints were notified last week that the matter had been dropped without a finding on the merits of the allegations. The decision has not yet been made public, but copies were provided to The Times by two of the complainants. Both are involved in the legal profession.

Judge Barry did not respond to emails or telephone messages left at her Manhattan apartment.

Judicial council reviews can result in the censure or reprimand of federal judges, and in extremely rare cases, a referral to the House of Representatives for impeachment.

In retirement, Judge Barry is entitled to receive annually the salary she earned when she last met certain workload requirements. Though the exact figure was not immediately available, it appears to be between $184,500 and $217,600.

The Times investigation focused on how the profits and ownership of the real estate empire built by the president’s father, Fred C. Trump, were transferred to Donald J. Trump and his siblings, often in ways designed to dodge gift and estate taxes.

A lawyer for the president, Charles J. Harder, said last fall, “The New York Times’s allegations of fraud and tax evasion are 100 percent false, and highly defamatory.”

Judge Barry had been a co-owner of a shell company — All County Building Supply & Maintenance — created by the family to siphon cash from their father’s empire by marking up purchases already made by his employees, The Times investigation found. Judge Barry, her siblings and a cousin split the markup, free of gift and estate taxes, which at the time were levied at a much higher rate than income taxes.

On a financial disclosure form filed in 1999, Judge Barry noted that her share of the All County profits for the previous 17 months totaled just over $1 million.

The family also used the padded invoices to justify higher rent increases in rent-regulated buildings, artificially inflating the rents of thousands of tenants. Former prosecutors told The Times that if the authorities had discovered at the time how the Trumps were using All County, their actions would have warranted a criminal investigation for defrauding tenants, tax fraud and filing false documents.

Similarly, Judge Barry benefited from the gross undervaluation of her father’s properties when she and her siblings took ownership of them through a trust, sparing them from paying tens of millions of dollars in taxes, The Times found. For years, she attended regular briefings at her brother’s offices in Trump Tower to hear updates on the real estate portfolio and to collect her share of the profits. When the siblings sold off their father’s empire, between 2004 and 2006, her share of the windfall was $182.5 million, The Times found.

Judge Barry was nominated to the Federal District Court in New Jersey by President Ronald Reagan in 1983, after several years as a federal prosecutor. She was elevated to the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit by President Bill Clinton in 1999.

In February 2017, shortly after her brother’s inauguration, she notified the court that she would stop hearing cases and give up her staff and chambers. She was then considered a senior inactive judge, a status that did not entitle her to salary increases, but that left her still subject to conduct inquiries. Judge Barry did not announce a reason for the change at the time.

Following confidentiality requirements, Judge Barry’s name does not appear on the order ending the investigation or the correspondence with the complainants. The order identifies the judge in question as a senior inactive judge, about whom complaints were filed in October 2018. Under court rules, all complaints are reviewed by a judge, and those with an allegation of misconduct or disability are generally referred to a panel of judges for investigation.

“The complaints allege, on the basis of a news article, that the then-inactive senior circuit judge may have committed misconduct relating to tax and financial transactions,” says the order, dated April 1.

The complaints had been transferred to the Second Circuit to avoid conflicts with judges who knew Judge Barry.

Scott Shuchart, a lawyer who filed one of the complaints, said he had done so as a concerned member of the legal profession. He said he found it “galling” that Judge Barry, while still receiving her federal pension, was now immune from judicial misconduct proceedings “just because she changed from one form of retired status to another.”

In an opinion article last October for The Washington Post, Mr. Shuchart wrote that he had quit his job at the Department of Homeland Security, where he had served since the Obama administration, because he believed that the Trump administration’s family-separation policy at the southern border was unconstitutional.

Around that time, Mr. Shuchart joined the Center for American Progress, a left-leaning public policy and advocacy group, as a senior fellow focused on immigration issues. But, he said, he filed the complaint against Judge Barry on his own, independent of any organized effort.

This is what demanding loyalty gets you...

Mueller found 10 instances of potential obstruction, but Barr cleared Trump anyway

Barr said that while the report showed Russia worked extensively to influence the election, no American was involved in the effort. As to whether the president obstructed justice by firing the head of the FBI, James Comey, Barr said he concluded there wasn’t enough evidence to reach a determination, despite Mueller laying out 10 accounts of potential obstruction and supporting legal theories. Barr said he and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, however, “disagreed with some of the special counsel’s legal theories.”

18 hours ago, deicer said:

This is what demanding loyalty gets you...

This is what inciting hysterical insanity gets you.... fun to hear the repetitious talking points now, like FOX is an echo, echo, echo, echo chamber. Hark, from whence comes that echo?

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6027817937001/#sp=show-clips

Edited by Wolfhunter
  • Thanks 2

No amount of logic will change the minds of the twisted demented hateful Left. They act like out of control trained seals clapping for fish with but one focus...Revenge at any cost !

It’s a bitch when you finally discover that this “ Noose “ you have been tightening for 3 years is around your own neck.

Edited by Jaydee

It is so easy to have it roll off the tongue that it is only hysteria.

When you look at how Trump has placed his loyal lapdogs, the latest being Barr, in the most important positions, while leaving others unfilled or having 'placesitters' there to do his bidding, it shapes up more and more to be a dictatorship than a democracy.

When North Korea comes across as the level headed ones in negotiations, you know something is wrong.

The evidence is there in the Mueller report.  The right wing spin machine is overspeeding selling it otherwise.

2 hours ago, deicer said:

The right wing spin machine is overspeeding selling it otherwise.

I remain a political agnostic.

At what point do we get back to running the country, they are up to 30 million dollars worth of investigations now, how much is enough? 

I have always said, where the offence lies, let the great axe fall (not my quote BTW) but, the next phase is likely investigating the events leading up to the surveillance in the first place and that has the potential to be a minefield for the Democrats. I say stop now, forgot the whole thing, no further investigations, time to stop the partisan nonsense and run the country. 

I'm betting though.... that won't happen. The Democrats are sooooooo hateful they simply don't know when to stop. This has the potential to blow up in their collective faces right at election time. If ever there was a chance to avoid self inflicted wounds, this might be it. It's already too late for CNN IMO as their reporting was so far over the top (in all respects) that they just look silly now.

Edited by Wolfhunter

The only thing that is going to blow up is the lies that Trump is spinning with his group in the Whitehouse. 

Don't you find it interesting that in the Mueller report, when interviewed under oath with threat of penalty, the testimony of Trump's acolytes is different than that on Fox?

That is the most telling thing through the whole process, and should be the wake up call for the populace.

It's not about hate, it's about truth.

45 minutes ago, deicer said:

It's not about hate, it's about truth.

That seems to be the Democratic position alright and I predict they will continue to pursue this at length and to the detriment of good governance. When all is said and done, they may not like the truth they find.

I also predict the American people will grow increasingly weary of endless investigations into investigations and be looking for someone to punish for that weariness. Proceeding beyond this point is fraught with danger and any commitment to a dangerous path is unforgiving of mistakes. They are well on their way to blowing the next election and should they fare as badly with future investigations as they have with the present, there will be a cost. In CRM circles this used to be called the strength of an idea and it has played its part in more than a few train wrecks. I no longer find any of it "interesting", just sad... and I don't even get a vote. 

Edited by Wolfhunter

So you don't contradict that what is coming out of the White House is a bunch of lies when compared to the sworn testimony in front of the enquiry?

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/sarah-huckabee-sanders-accuses-media-of-anti-liar-bias

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Reacting to the journalist April Ryan’s call for her to be fired, the White House press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, said, on Friday, that she has been the victim of the media’s “widespread anti-liar bias.”

“From their obsession with fact-checking to their relentless attacks on falsehoods, the media have made no secret of their bias,” Sanders said. “It’s open season on liars in America.”

“This is media hypocrisy at its very worst,” she added. “The same journalists who advocate freedom of speech want to take that freedom away from anyone whose speech consists entirely of lies.”

“This is nothing more or less than a direct attack on the lying life style,” she said. “You take away my right to lie and you take away my ability to earn a living.”

Kellyanne Conway, the White House senior counsellor, spoke out in support of Sanders, telling reporters, “An attack on one liar is an attack on all liars.”

“Our country has seen some dark days, from the Bowling Green Massacre to the bugging of the White House microwave,” she said. “But this might be the darkest.”