Sign in to follow this  
deicer

Trump 2.0 Continues

Maybe it has to do with the GOP showing the way by being over the top obstructionist with the Obama government?  They showed the people that if you don't get what you want, just stamp your feet and create a ruckus.

They reap what they sowed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/republicans-mindless-obstruction-has-helped-create-something-far-worse/2016/03/11/46ba9022-e723-11e5-b0fd-073d5930a7b7_story.html

So I guess this type of retroric is also the fault of the Republicans? 

Lena Dunham Blasts Self-Hating White Women with ‘Violent Privilege’ for Voting Trump

‎Today, ‎November ‎11, ‎2016, ‏‎2 hours ago | Daniel Nussbaum
PHILADELPHIA, PA - JULY 26: on the second day of the Democratic National Convention at the Wells Fargo Center, July 26, 2016 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton received the number of votes needed to secure the party's nomination. An estimated 50,000 people are expected in Philadelphia, including hundreds of protesters and members of the media. The four-day Democratic National Convention kicked off July 25. (Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images)
Actress and Hillary Clinton campaign surrogate Lena Dunham has broken her silence after the Democratic presidential candidate's loss to Republican Donald Trump earlier this week, describing in a blog post the agony of being at Clinton's election night party in New York City and insisting that she "never truly believed" that Trump could win.YyevvxCFBRs

Samantha Bee: White People Have Ruined America

‎Today, ‎November ‎11, ‎2016, ‏‎2 hours ago | Pam Key
bee
(Adult Language Warning) Wednesday on TBS’s “Full Frontal,” while discussing President-elect Donald Tump’s victory in her monologue, host Samantha Bee said it was “pretty clear” who ruined America: white people. Bee said, “In the coming days, people will be looking for someone to blame: the pollsters, the strident feminists, the Democratic party, a vengeful god. But once you dust for fingerprints, it’s pretty clear who ruined America: white people. I guess ruining Brooklyn was just a dry run. The Caucasian nation showed up in droves to vote for Trump, so I don’t want to hear a goddamn word about black voter turnout. How many times do we expect black people to build our country for us? White people, this is the worst thing we’ve ever — no, I’m sorry, that’s a very high bar. But holy **bleep**, and don’t try to distance yourself from the bad apples and say, ‘It’s not my fault, I didn’t vote for him, hashtag not all white people.’ Shush. If Muslims have to take responsibility for every member of their community, so do we.” (h/t RCP Video) Follow Pam Key on Twitter @pamkeyNENTiNJ8v7V7lc

As we can now see, the pre-election obstructionist Republicans of the lower House were only doing the business of the people when they voted to block Bills that were purely Democratic in nature.  

The people voted solidly in favour of the 'new' Republican Party who now control the judiciary as well as the Legislative & Executive branches of the US federal government. I take this result to mean the three pillars of the US Federal Government are essentially obligated to repeal older legislation, pass new law and introduce policies as necessary to carry the Country forward in accordance with the wishes of the electorate.

The leadership of the Left need to stop crying and consider the consequences of their continuing on with the dangerous rhetorical posturing that can only lead to one nasty conclusion, unless that's the desired outcome of course.

Extremism begets extremism. Trump started it and now some of his supporters are acting out in kind with numerous reports of racist threats against minorities. And the term "solid" is not an accurate description of the depth of Trump's victory. More like a "squeaker". I hate it when I have to say that I could have told you this would happen.

Edited by J.O.

5 hours ago, J.O. said:

I hate it when I have to say that I could have told you this would happen.

I think the expectation was that there would be angry mobs in the street no matter who won or what the percentages were.  If Hilary had won there would have been raging masses of Republicans.

20 minutes ago, seeker said:

I think the expectation was that there would be angry mobs in the street no matter who won or what the percentages were.  If Hilary had won there would have been raging masses of Republicans.

I agree, and I think the "raging masses of Republicans" would be much more aggressive and boisterous than the discontents presently embarrassing themselves.

Here's one that covers not only the thread, but is aviation related!

http://sfist.com/2016/11/11/video_captain_on_sfo-departing_flig.php

A captain on a United flight out of SFO was apparently forced to make a plane-wide announcement following a racist encounter onboard, apparently related to the election of Donald Trump. Details are few, but the video description says the plane was heading to Puerto Vallarta, and the video was uploaded Friday.

"On my friend's @wirelessness flight from SFO to Mexico, some kinda scuffle broke out where an individual said something racist to an African American lady, and she began to cry," the video description reads. "They separated the two of them, and then the Captain of the flight got on the PA and made this announcement."

The captain's tone is clearly agitated, and the applause from the passengers following the conclusion of his remarks suggests they agree with him. "I understand everybody has their opinions — that's fine," the captain says over the PA. "If you support him, great. If you don't, I understand. However, we're out here to go to Puerto Vallarta, supposed to be having a good time, and what I do ask is that as people we have the common decency to respect each others' decisions and to get along on this three hour and thirteen minute flight so that we can have a good time when we get down there."

But he wasn't done. "Nobody wants to argue, nobody wants — nobody is going to change their minds by arguing. And let's keep our opinions to ourselves on this particular matter at this particular time."

"If there's anyone there that has a problem with this, it's gonna, that needs to vent or rant or rave — there's another flight tomorrow. You're not going to be on this one. I hope that's clear."

Although the exact incident that sparked the captain's message is unclear, there have been multiple reports of troubling incidents involving minorities in the Bay Area this week — such as the woman who was attacked Wednesday for wearing a hijab at San Jose State University.

5 hours ago, seeker said:

The protests would have happened for sure, but you wouldn't have had ignorant lout immigrants taunting white guys if Clinton had won.

I hadn't heard; are 'ignorant lout immigrants taunting white guys because Trump won'?

If life in a pretend reality floats your boat, that's okay I guess, but the reports of Trump people behaving badly you guys are advancing appear to be complete BS when the real proof of good democrats conducting a protest in typical fashion are numerous and easy to obtain.

For example ...

57 minutes ago, J.O. said:

The protests would have happened for sure, but you wouldn't have had ignorant lout immigrants taunting white guys if Clinton had won.

Are you referring to this ?  

2 hours ago, DEFCON said:

I hadn't heard; are 'ignorant lout immigrants taunting white guys because Trump won'?

If life in a pretend reality floats your boat, that's okay I guess, but the reports of Trump people behaving badly you guys are advancing appear to be complete BS when the real proof of good democrats conducting a protest in typical fashion are numerous and easy to obtain

Read what I said instead of what you want to read. I said I believe that had Clinton won the election, Mexicans and Muslims wouldn't be attacking and taunting white people. If you choose to, you can find plenty of stories of racist graffiti, harassment and threats coming from racists who were empowered by the election result. It is not BS. 

Extremism begets extremism. Its far too late for Trump to distance himself from it now.

24 minutes ago, J.O. said:

Its far too late for Trump to distance himself from it now.

I disagree.  There will be an adjustment period as both sides learn the difference between politician running for the position and politician who has won the position.  This is the same for every politician and every election from the first one ever held.  ln this case the difference might be greater than normal but the process will be the same.  Candidates create a persona and promise the moon - the victor's first job is to temper expectations and work on his list of excuses about how the last guy made such a mess of things that he can't follow through with what he promised, or, that old classic, "Now that we see the books we realize that it's not possible to give you that "thing" we promised but we sure would have if the last guy wasn't such a disaster."

Edited by seeker

To a point I agree. He's already stepping back from his rheotric on erasing all evidence of Obamacare. More of his promises will morph into the reality of Washington over time - which means he's going to dissappoint those who thought him to be the second coming. But there's a difference between program adjustments and cultural ones. Like it or not, he gave creedance to people who are strongly opposed to immigration, multi-culturism, women's right to make their own health choices and gender equality. They believed that he would turn back the clock to a version of American culture that they want. The only way he wins the next election is to keep that promise.

Edited by J.O.

If Trump fulfills any of his promises he will be more satisfying to the average person who voted for him than any other politician elected in the last 50 years.  He doesn't have to fulfill the promises completely, he just has to look like he's trying and do something.

• Like 1

I'll give it to you JO; there are a few 'stories' in circulation that fault the odd Trump supporter for firing the occasional nasty in the direction of Clintonittes.

Am I misunderstanding, or are we to understand that you would equate a vicious physical assault on an 'old white man' by several minority thugs with 'racist graffiti'?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DEFCON said:

Am I misunderstanding, or are we to understand that you would equate a vicious physical assault on an 'old white man' by several minority thugs with 'racist graffiti'?

But when they do it it's OK because the "white man" stole their land.  No, wait, that's not right - it's because of the patriarchy!  No, still not right, it's because their great-great grandfather was a slave!  Yes, that's the ticket!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, seeker said:

But when they do it it's OK because the "white man" stole their land.  No, wait, that's not right - it's because of the patriarchy!  No, still not right, it's because their great-great grandfather was a slave!  Yes, that's the ticket!

and also  for us with Scottish heritage whose great-great grandfather was driven off his land by the "Bloody English" or sent in servitude to Australia  ........................  :D

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/conrad-black-its-morning-in-america

"The public’s loathing and distrust of the media is richly deserved and indicative of one of Western society’s greatest failings: the free press has failed. Only the fact that there is no alternative keeps it going"

Conrad Black

Edited by Jaydee
  • Like 2

Hillary says she lost because of the FBI, I say she lost because she was too stupid to guard / control  her personal emails and therefore left herself open to investigation.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

I agree, and I think the "raging masses of Republicans" would be much more aggressive and boisterous than the discontents presently embarrassing themselves.

Like the riots that occurred after Obama won, right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UpperDeck said:

Now Hillary lost because of the FBI Director. Hillary's loss reflects the glass ceiling. Trump's win is because of the racism in the US. It goes on and on. Trump won because he got more electoral college votes. That's it!

If Hillary and/or any democrat thinks people didn't vote for her because she is a woman, they are delusional. 

• Like 1