AEF's US Election Debate | The Thrill Is Gone

Saw him in Ottawa decades ago, the night the airline lost Lucille. Treble Clef gave him a loaner! The thrill might be gone from the election down south, but it is still alive and brilliant in my memories when thinking of that night's concert at the NAC!

Edited by Moon The Loon
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Moon The Loon said:

Saw him in Ottawa decades ago, the night the airline lost Lucille. Treble Clef gave him a loaner! The thrill might be gone from the election down south, but it is still alive and brilliant in my memories when thinking of that night's concert at the NAC!

Must be something about B. B. King playing Ottawa, Moon'. I remember  when he played in a smaller hall (I'm thinking Lisgar? early seventies, anyway). He and his band were comming up from their previous gig in Peterborough, in a blizzard. They were in different vehicles, and he made it barely on time, they were delayed. On he came with Peter Jermyn & Bob Coulthard from the MRQ. After about an hour, the band came onstage mid-song and smoothly took over. Brilliant memories indeed!

Cheers, IFG :b:

Edited by IFG
2 hours ago, IFG said:

Must be something about B. B. King playing Ottawa, Moon'. I remember  when he played in a smaller hall (I'm thinking Lisgar? early seventies, anyway). He and his band were comming up from their previous gig in Peterborough, in a blizzard. They were in different vehicles, and he made it barely on time, they were delayed. On he came with Peter Jermyn & Bob Coulthard from the MRQ. After about an hour, the band came onstage mid-song and smoothly took over. Brilliant memories indeed!

Cheers, IFG :b:

MRQ - Modern Rock Quartet? Wow! Been awhile!