"10 Things Trump Supporters Are Too Stupid To Realize"

Mitch Cronin

One of the few good thing to come out of this election cycle so far is the awakening of the populace regarding the credibility of Main Stream Media. The outright bias is astounding with CNN being one of the worst. Meanwhile Internet based news outlets are soaring in readerships. Take Breitbart as an example.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/10/13/breitbart-news-received-200-million-pageviews-september/

On the subject of bias reporting, click on the picture below and make your own judgement.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issue is the long drawn out process.  Any discussion that goes on for that long will eventually degenerate into a mud slinging battle at the lowest ocmmon denominator.  

If the campaign and election process were shortened significantly then the BS currently being slung would not have been thought of yet and propaganda would be kept to a minimum.

Remember that the candidate is only as good as the BS the public is fed.

G'day Defcon

Regarding the health care, it was bastardised right out of the gate because of the policy of obstructionism by the GOP. 

Having said that, in the thought that it couldn't get any worse, and from what Hillary said in the second debate, she seems to see where the failings are in the system.  Give her a chance to fix it.  Without obstruction.  The only thing that would be a downside is that if she fails, then vote her out at the end of her term.  Millions more citizens have health care now that before Obamacare.  That is a good thing.  In my opinion, the biggest complainers are the HMO's who are losing out on the gouging they could have otherwise have had.

As for single payer health care, it seems to work in Canada where the provinces can negotiate drug deals to bring down prices, rather that the people having to pay 'market price' like in the U.S.  Again, the only losers in that scenario are the drug companies who are gouging with their prices.  Proof of that is all the Americans who are coming to Canada to get their prescriptions filled.  http://www.cnbc.com/2014/05/23/patients-cross-borders-for-online-deals-on-medications.html

The other alternative is for Trump to go in and throw it all out, wasting the billions spent so far, and spending billions more to come up with a new system.  And like his tax 'plan', I don't think anything he would do would be advantageous to the average American. 

I agree with you that Clinton isn't the most trusted politician, however, compared to the alternative, she is the only option at this point.

if you come to canada and pay cash for your drugs the price is higher than if you pay through an insurer.  I had this discussion with my pharmacist.  The medication I take would cost me almost double if I paid myself.  Becasue I have insurance the negotiated price from the insurer is lower.  However if there is a generic version of the drug I am forced to use it rather than the original.

I was in Florida a week ago a had a mild upper back twinge.  Not wanting to be a downer of the family vacation I went to Walgreensfto pick up Robaxacet.  The pharmacist informed me I needed a prescription down there to get Robaxacet.

Now lets compare total Pharmacare costs here:.

Canada = $11.00

US= $11:00 + cost of doctors visit + my time lost + pharmacists time = what?....... $300.00+? 

By that measure Canadian Pharmacare costs and effectiveness seem to be significantly less than in the US.

The problem with this clip it totally misses the point. Carson wanted to talk about REAL issues and she wouldn't let him get a word in edgewise. She wanted to talk about a tree and he wanted to discuss the forest. A presidential election should be about appointing a competent government, and not focusing on the sexual proclivities of either candidate. In the history of politics, there has never been, nor will there ever be  a candidate that is squeaky clean because they are human.

That being said, BOTH have skeletons in their closets but the biased Leftist media only report on Trumps and ignore Clintons because they know full well if they go down that road it's a losing battle given the Clinton PROVEN history.

Drudge apparently has a video on Clinton. Will be interesting to see what comes of that. The dirt continues and the important issues get ignored. Sad.

Morning Jaydee

The point of that clip, is like Trump in the second debate, Carson intentionally avoided asking the questions asked.

Journalism is supposed to ask questions.  When they aren't asked, then the real issues are avoided.

As for asking for the mic to be turned off, Carson is of the same cloth as Trump in treating women as a lower class.

Interesting read from 'Dununda'....

If you think Donald is bad, imagine Donald Trump 2.0

Bob Carr

Amid the bleakness of Shakespeare's King Lear one character, Edgar declares: the worst is not/so long as we can say "this is the worst".  Just when you think it can't get any worse – Trump as candidate – here comes a more troubling prospect: the Trump next time, four years off, who defeats an unpopular President Clinton.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump says he's a "victim of one of the great political smear campaigns in the history" of the US.

It's easy to tick off what gave the Republican nomination this time to a bossy, ignorant demagogue – the loss of industrial jobs, anxiety over borders and trade, racist resentment of minorities. Perhaps, as well, bewilderment at a multipolar world where America can't get its way.

None of these is about to fade.

The old jobs aren't coming back. China is shrugging off traditional manufacturing so the plants in America's industrial belt aren't going to be opening again. In any case the robots are arriving to disrupt manufacturing and services alike. 

The anger of white working-class males, incited by Trump, is bound to simmer angrily at a distrusted woman in the White House imposing background checks for gun buyers and appointing three or four liberal justices to the Supreme Court. 

After years of decline violent crime is increasing. The cost of Obamacare is rising and will need higher premiums and bigger subsidies. The Congressional Budget Office projects debt to rise from 2.9 to 4.9 per cent of GDP over the decade.

The US genius for innovation runs strong but the US system does a lousy job of distributing the gains. Stagnant real wages will feed grievance over immigration and there's little a president can do about it.

The US will continue to be defied – not just by Putin, even by President Duterte of the Philippines. North Korea or Syria are problems without solutions, leaving chauvinists to lament the US has never been more powerless. The truth is this catch cry has been thrown at every president since Harry Truman, including Ronald Reagan in his last years. But the US Right stridently insists America is surrounded by enemies. The neo-cons who gave us Iraq and unleashed Islamic State are demanding America prove its greatness with new wars in the Middle East.

If Clinton takes office on January 20 she will have been defined as "crooked Hillary" by Republican attacks over emails, the family foundation and paid speeches to Wall Street. Only one voter in three sees her as honest or trustworthy and she may have the lowest approval rating of any victor since polls began. No honeymoon. Little goodwill.  Add lashings of misogyny to this toxic atmosphere and all is tailored for a Republican revival, and a revival with strong elements of Tea Party radicalism and Trump's populist white nationalism.

As a result the Republican Party of 2020 will be different from that of Reagan, the Bushes and McCain. It will be the party of the white working class, viscerally anti-trade. The party will be as anti-immigrant as right wing European parties like Marine Le Pen's. Nativism and populism will be the glue that holds it together.

So, the Trump next time? The challenger who can render Hillary a one-term president like Jimmy Carter or George H. Bush?

Donald Trump Jnr, now 38, or Ivanka Trump, 34, might be tempted. There is Trump's running mate Mike Pence. If they survive there are the vindicated Trump critics like Senator Ted Cruz and House Speaker Paul Ryan. The latter's stand-out policy, as economist Paul Krugman points out, is tax cuts for the rich.

But the perfect candidate for new era Republicans may be the junior senator from Arkansas, 39-year-old Tom Cotton who boasts a dream CV, raised on a family farm and with combat service as lieutenant in Iraq and Afghanistan.

He is an extreme ideologue. He helped torpedo immigration reform to the distress of then-Republican speaker John Boehner. He sabotaged criminal justice reform declaring the US suffers not from too many in jail but too few, what he calls "under-incarceration".

In 2015 he tried to sabotage negotiations between the Obama administration and Iran by writing to Iran's Ayatollah saying any anti-nuclear agreement would be dishonoured by a future Republican president, breathtaking in undermining the foreign policy of his own country. He supported a short, sharp war against Iran. He wanted to arm Israel with B-52s to help. He received a campaign donation of nearly $1 million from Bill Kristol's Emergency Committee on Israel in fond appreciation.

His slogans make good bumper stickers. "Let 'em rot," for example, is his stand on Guantanamo prisoners.

He was described on Salon as "Sarah Palin with a Harvard degree; Ted Cruz with a war record."

He has positioned himself to inherit Trump's base, speaking at the nominating convention and refusing to disown him after recent revelations. Post-election Trump is expected to launch a communications network to the right of Fox. Expect Cotton to be its favourite son.

Last week Cotton campaigned for Republicans in Iowa, where caucuses every four years start the presidential election process. He speaks directly to the base of the new, emergent Republican Party.

His raw inexperience combined with his relish for war elevates him to a level of menace that rivals that of 1964 Republican candidate Barry Goldwater.

Trump might be finished. But another playwright, Bertolt Brecht, warned: "Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the b*st*rd, the bitch that bore him is in heat again."

Bob Carr is a former foreign affairs minister and former NSW premier.

And the apple didn't fall far from the tree...

Article also includes link to interview.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-jr-women-harrassment-workforce_us_5800b9bbe4b0162c043b532e?

Donald Trump Jr: Women Who Can’t ‘Handle’ Harassment ‘Don’t Belong In The Workforce’

Donald Trump Jr. offered some unsolicited career advice for women concerned about sexual harassment in the workplace: Just quit, already.

“If you can’t handle some of the basic stuff that’s become a problem in the workforce today, then you don’t belong in the workforce,” Donald Trump’s son told The Opie and Anthony Show in a 2013 interview that BuzzFeed just unearthed.

“You should go maybe teach kindergarten,” he said, apparently suggesting that teachers aren’t part of the workforce. “You can’t be negotiating billion-dollar deals if you can’t handle, like, you know.”

Gender-based harassment, both sexual and not, is against the law in the U.S. “It is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general,” according to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. 

So if the GOP presidential nominee’s son can’t handle not being able to make offensive comments about women, maybe he’s the one unfit for the workforce.

Trump Jr. later joked that saying he’d been harassed would be “my get rich quick scheme. I’m now suing you guys because I feel uncomfortable.”

Trump’s father has been hit with a slew of allegations of sexual assault and harassment in recent days ― though it’s far from the first time he’s been accused of such behavior. 

Though he brushed off comments he made in 2005 about groping and forcing himself on women as “locker room talk,” his critics aren’t buying it.

“What I found astounding is that he would so publicly—no matter who he was talking to ― that he would acknowledge that he engaged in the textbook definition of sexual assault,” Vice President Joe Biden said.

Need help? Visit RAINN’s National Sexual Assault Online Hotline or the National Sexual Violence Resource Center’s website.

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar,rampant xenophoberacistmisogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.

I read somewhere yesterday that some 'official'-honky-tonk outfit had declared that the USA is no longer a democracy. First question that came to my mind: "How long did it take you to figure that out?"... if that wasn't abundantly clear, at least by the end of 2000, then it's surprising the noodles finally starting firing!

She's a Corporatocracy....and that'll probably define the term in history books... if there's any left.

...anyway, this ones's for you Defcon, and Jaydee...: https://medium.com/rx3-magazine/its-not-okay-to-hate-hillary-clinton-26774ef5d672#.ehvnbh6ze

Go to the profile of Jennifer Hoelzer
Jennifer HoelzerFollow
Writer, communications strategist and recovering Congressional staffer.
4 days ago

It’s Not Okay to Hate Hillary Clinton

I’m not saying you have to like Hillary. If you want to disagree with her policy positions or express concerns about her record and/or leadership style, I may not agree with you, but you have a right to your opinion.

But to hate her?

1*KURgGYSCbyJVHQWC6A7N6A.jpeg
Really??!!!

Hate is a singular sentiment. One that implies enmity or as Freud put it a “wish to destroy the source of unhappiness.” We’ve criminalized it. Religion calls it a sin. The Apostle John even went so far as to write that he “whoever hateth his brother is a murderer.”

Hate racism. Hate genocide. Hate people who kick puppies and scam seniors out of their life savings. But to hate a woman who has literally spent her life helping others…what’s wrong with you?

Seriously. We’re talking about a woman who personally went undercover to help prove racial discrimination…who graduated from Yale Law School and — instead of going to work for a high-priced law firm — took a job with theChildren’s Defense Fund. Yeah, what a horrible, terrible person.

Today, we take it for granted that children with disabilities can go to public schools, but you know what? We get to take that for granted, in part, because Hillary Clinton spent a chunk of 1973 going door to door to learn exactly what was holding children with disabilities back.

Yeah, I know, you think she’s a power hungry bitch…but, let’s talk about that for a second. As First Lady of Arkansas, Hillary Clinton used her power to reform Arkansas schools. As First Lady of the United States, she used her power to fight for foster kids and helped pass a law that — to this day — guarantees that millions of children can see doctors. As a U.S. Senator, she used her power to stand up for first responders and extend veterans’ health benefits to members of the national guard and reserves. As Secretary of State, she visited 112 countries, and she spent those visits, not just meeting with government officials, but also visiting schools and shelters and just plain looking for ways to empower women and other victims of oppression.

More than one activist has said they’re alive simply because Hillary Clinton took a picture with them. Yes, by doing something as simple as sharing her limelight, she made dissidents more difficult to silence. Now, what exactly have you done?

No, I don’t know about you, but if that’s what Hillary Clinton does with power, then I’m glad she’s hungry for more. Hell, I want her to have more.

Oh, but…she’s a LIAR and a CRIMINAL!!

Seriously? Are you really that gullible? I mean, who told you that? One of her opponents? A surrogate for one of her opponents? A conservative media outlet that has spent decades supporting her opponents?

News flash: political opponents aren’t college professors. Contrary to popular belief, the veritable army of candidates and strategists, who’ve spent the last 30 years trying to “defeat” Hillary (from the right and — at times — the left) have never once asked themselves: “What’s the fairest criticism we can raise about Hillary Clinton?”

No, they ask themselves: “How can we convince people to hate Hillary Clinton?” And they’ve spent hundreds of millions of dollars on consultants, focus groups, ads, mailings and the aforementioned surrogates to both figure out how to make you hate her and to convince you to hate her. Want to fix money in politics? Here’s an idea: STOP FALLING FOR THE STUFF THAT MONEY BUYS.

And that doesn’t include the countless hours and millions of taxpayer dollars Congressional Republicans have spent on investigations that have proved she did little to nothing wrong.

Yeah, I know, they discovered that she used one personal email account for all of her correspondence instead of using separate official and personal email accounts, that would have required her to carry two devices. Well…guess what?!! So did I.

That’s right, when I worked for a U.S. Senator, I eventually opted to forward my work emails to my gmail account, so I could carry one device. Why? Because it was easier…because I had a lot on my plate and was less likely to miss an important message if all of my messages were on the same device…but mostly because the people who make women’s professional clothing have for some reason decided that members of my gender don’t need pockets. Why? I don’t know, but try running from meeting to meeting carrying two smart phones — plus whatever you need for those meetings — without functional pockets, and I guarantee you’ll want to consolidate your emails on a single device too.

Yes, Hillary could have avoided this entire scandal had she used two separate devices, instant messenger or just picked up the phone. (If only she’d had Slack!!!) But do you really think that disqualifies her from being president? Because if adherence to email protocols is the quality you look for in deciding who will best run the country, I’m pretty sure Hillary Clinton will never not use two separate email accounts ever again.

Hillary’s opponents call her a liar, even though objective accounts have repeatedly shown her to be “fundamentally honest and trustworthy” if not one of the most honest politicians on the national stage. They blame her for Benghazi even though seven separate investigations have cleared her of wrongdoing. That’s right. Seven. They’ve accused her of murder without evidence. Rudy Giuliani even recently accused Hillary of lying about coming back to New York after 9/11, even though photographs show her standing next to him.

1*zuFzK2Ryp8Rsbeu3H2AC9A.jpeg
AP Photo of Mayor Giuliani and Secretary Clinton taken September 12, 2001.

Hell, that veritable army of candidates, strategists and surrogates have even managed to convince you that the fact that her family runs a global charity that has given millions of people access to clean water, economic opportunities and life-saving medications is a reason to vote against her. You’re kidding me right?

Yes, I’m aware that said global charity has accepted donations from foreign countries, but are you aware that no one with the last name of Clinton has ever taken a salaryfrom the foundation that bears their name? That means, all of the money the Clintons have raised for their foundation has gone to help other people, not them. It also means that, RNC Chair Reince Priebus lied to you when he said that the Clinton Foundation’s sole purpose is “lining the pockets of Bill and Hillary Clinton.” But, you think she’s the liar?

Okay, so maybe the hundreds of millions of dollars spent to vilify Hillary isn’t what convinced you to hate her. No, you just hate her because…you know, she sounds like your mother, she chooses her words carefully and she’s — OMG the horror!! — a “career politician.”

Wow. And you think those are good reasons to hate someone?

More importantly, you do realize this isn’t a reality singing competition? We are actually deciding who should get control of our country’s nuclear codes, here.

Yes, I get that when we elect someone president, we’re signing on to listen to them for four years. But your viewing enjoyment is not the only thing at stake when we elect a president.

I mean, we all know that — as a U.S. Senator — Hillary Clinton voted to authorize the use of force in Iraq, but ask yourself this: Would we have gone to war in Iraq had Hillary been president in 2002 instead of George W. Bush? Would a Hillary Clinton administration have led a rush to judgement, tortured prisoners into giving bad intelligence and refused to listen to anyone who disagreed with her? You are welcome to disagree, but I’m pretty sure the answer is “no.”

Yes, who we elect as our president matters.

Don’t we want someone who’s careful with their words, who listens to outside opinions and isn’t too full of herself to change her mind? When we select athletes to represent our country at the Olympics, we not only measure their skill at their sport, we recognize that Michael Phelps’s skill as a swimmer actually has a lot to do with the many years he spent training.

And yet, in this race to decide who should be our nation’s chief negotiator, the person who decides if and when to send our troops into battle, the person who will lead the world’s most complex economy and diverse nation of people into the future…you think experience is a bad thing?

Or maybe that’s not it at all. Maybe you hate Hillary because it pains you to see a woman stand up and tell the world how awesome she is. It pains you because, what? Women are supposed to play small and diminish their accomplishments to make you feel better about yourself?

Well, if that’s the case, then all I can say is, your hate says a lot more about you, than it does about Hillary.

This last week, as Donald Trump broke the record for lowering the bar and the known political universe made it very clear why people are tired of “politics as usual,” any political adviser worth his salt would have told Hillary to keep her head down and take the win. But what did Hillary do? She proposed a plan to fight poverty.

As one pundit pointed out (without covering the actual substance of her plan) it was a bit like an A student doing an assignment for extra credit. Some people will, undoubtedly, see that level of earnestness as yet another reason to hate her, I’m pretty sure it’s one of the many reasons she’ll make a great president.

Note: When I first published this, I decided I wouldn’t read the comments (not good for my mental health)...I cheated a few times and called out some haters, but largely stayed away, as I tried to convince myself everyone LOVED it and was super supportive of my writing…and then a friend popped my happy bubble and told me the virulence was just as bad as I feared…

Anyway, to be clear, I believe passionately in free speech, but I wrote this piece because I’m tired of the hate. I think it’s eating us and our country from the inside and making it harder and harder to have a rational debate...at a time we really need that debate. And upon further reflection, I’ve decided that I just can’t provide a space to promote more hate, at least not on a piece I wrote to push back on it. If you want to respectfully disagree with what I’ve written or with something another commenter writes, I welcome your thoughts. But if you can’t express your ideas with respect, if all you want to do is defend your right to hate or call me hateful names because I happen to disagree with your point of views, Medium gives me the right to hide/report your comments and I’m going to exercise that right.

And no — for the record — I’m not censoring your point of view, I’m requiring you to express it with respect. Thank you for reading and if you like what I wrote and think it would be helpful for others, recommendations and encouragement are appreciated.

JO

Even though Obama will become a 'lame duck' before long, I can appreciate your concern and it's not that I disagree in principle, but this sort thing goes on all the time. If there's a perceived need, I would prefer the activity be more of a public affair than clandestine, Iran Contra for instance.

"Seriously. We’re talking about a woman who personally went undercover to help prove racial discrimination…who graduated from Yale Law School and — instead of going to work for a high-priced law firm — took a job with the Children’s Defense Fund. Yeah, what a horrible, terrible person."

Do you think there's any chance that team Clinton developed their strategy to become upper-crusters while they attended University? The authors statement above provides pretty good proof that charitable work presents well on a CV, which makes it an almost necessary component of any plan to get to the top.

Archived