"10 Things Trump Supporters Are Too Stupid To Realize"

Mitch Cronin

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than to say if you vote for Donald Trump you are an idiot I have stayed away from the politics threads here. 

The pearl clutching over Jay-Z as a last desperate grab by the Faux news fanboys is pathetic.

Ted Nugent is a piece of garbage.

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/02/21/here-are-13-other-repugnant-comments-ted-nugent/198174

1. Nugent On Then-First Lady Hillary Clinton: "You Probably Can't Use The Term 'Toxic **bleep**' In Your Magazine, But That's What She Is." From a 1994 interview with Denver, CO music magazine Westword:

About Hillary Clinton: "You probably can't use the term `toxic **bleep**' in your magazine, but that's what she is. Her very existence insults the spirit of individualism in this country. This bitch is nothing but a two-bit whore for Fidel Castro." [Westword, 7/27/94]

2. Nugent: "Piece Of **bleep**" Obama Should "Suck On My Machine Gun." From a 2007 concert where an assault-rifle-wielding Nugent also referred to then-Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton as "a worthless bitch":

Obama, he's a piece of **bleep**, and I told him to suck on my machine gun. Let's hear it for him. And then I was in New York. I said, "Hey, Hillary, you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch. Since I'm in California, how about [Senator] Barbara Boxer [D-CA], she might want to suck on my machine gun. And [Senator] Dianne Feinstein [D-CA], ride one of these you worthless whore. Any questions? [Ted Nugent via LiveLeak.com, accessed 10/1/12]

3. Nugent: Deceased Florida Teenager Travyon Martin Was A "Dope Smoking, Racist Gangsta Wannabe." [Rare, 7/14/13]

4. Nugent's Reprehensible Commentary On The African American Community. During a 2013 appearance on conspiracy theorist Alex Jones radio show, Nugent claimed that African-Americans could fix "the black problem" if they just put their "heart and soul into being honest, law-abiding, [and] delivering excellence at every move in your life." [Genesis Communication Network, The Alex Jones Show, 7/16/13, via Media Matters]

5. More Inexcusable Commentary From Nugent On The African-American Community. In a WND column, Nugent wrote that his claim Travyon Martin was a violent person was evidence of "the same mindless tendency to violence we see in black communities across America." [WND, 7/24/13]

6. Nugent Compares Obama To A Nazi. During a March 2013 appearance on 9-11 truther Pete Santilli's radio show, Nugent compared Obama to a Nazi who kills his Jewish neighbors, stating the president is like "a German in 1938 pretending to respect the Jews and then going home and putting on his brown shirt and forcing his neighbors onto a train to be burned to death." [Media Matters, 3/22/13]

7. Nugent: Civil Rights Leaders Jackson And Sharpton Speak In "Ebonic Mumbo-Jumbo." In a column for birther website WND, Nugent claimed that if a Republican president had the same drone policy as the Obama administration, "Jesse Jackson and Al Not-So-Sharpton would be lisping their ebonic mumbo-jumbo that the policy and the president are racist and bigoted." [Media Matters, 2/11/13]

8. Nugent: "I'm Beginning To Wonder If It Would Have Been Best Had The South Won The Civil War."From a column for The Washington Times:

Because our legislative, judicial and executive branches of government hold the 10th Amendment in contempt, I'm beginning to wonder if it would have been best had the South won the Civil War. Our Founding Fathers' concept of limited government is dead. [TheWashington Times, 7/6/12]

9. Nugent: Real Americans Are "Working Hard, Playing Hard, White Mother**bleep**ing **bleep** Kickers Who Are Independent." From a 1995 interview with Bob Mack of Grand Royal magazine:

NUGENT: You know how many times I've watched MTV? Once in my **bleep** life.

BOB MACK: You got to be on top of these things.

NUGENT: I don't have to. You know what I'm on top of? I'm on top of a real America with working hard, playing hard, white mother**bleep**ing **bleep** kickers, who are independent and get up in the morning.

MACK: Aren't there any blacks?

NUGENT: Show me one. Show me one. [Grand Royal magazine via YouTube, accessed 2/21/14]

10. Nugent: African-American Rappers Appearing On MTV Are "Big Uneducated Greasy Black Mongrels." From a recording posted on YouTube, supposedly "from his radio show [in] 1994":

NUGENT: MTV is a liberal lump of hippy snot. They are embarrassing. Those big uneducated greasy black mongrels on there, they call themselves rap artists. Excuse me? During a bad bloody case of diarrhea, I got more soul than those guys do at the peak of their life. That's not music. What do you slap some electronic noisemaker and then grunt to it? And this is like soul? No, excuse me, you want to know what soul is? No wonder James Brown went to prison, no wonder Wilson Pickett went to jail, no wonder Chuck Barry went to jail. They're embarrassed by their black brothers. That's not soul. That's not cool. That's stupid. [Ted Nugent via YouTube, accessed 2/21/14]

11. Nugent: "If Islam Is A Religion Of Peace, Then I'm A Malnourished, Tofu-Eating Anti-Hunter." From a 2010 Washington Times column addressing controversy over the planned construction of an Islamic community center near Ground Zero in New York City:

Killing more Muslim terror punks would make the world a more peaceful place to live -- and safer for more Muslims -- and we all know Islam is the religion of peace.

Yeah, right.

Let's call a spade a spade here. If Islam is the religion of peace, then I'm a malnourished, tofu-eating anti-hunter. [The Washington Times, 8/19/10]

12. Nugent On Homosexuality: "How Can We Offend Guys That Actually Have Anal Sex?" During a 2000 interview on Fox News' Hannity and Colmes:

I got to tell you, guys that have sex with each other's anal cavities -- how can we offend guys that actually have anal sex? Don't you think that might offend some of us who think that's despicable?" [Hannity and Colmes via Nexis, 6/29/00]

13. Ted Nugent On Suspected Undocumented Immigrants: "I'd Like To Shoot Them Dead." From a 2008 appearance on Fox News' Hannity and Colmes:

ALAN COLMES, CO-HOST: You want to kill on sight anybody who illegally comes into the country. Just shoot them, right?

NUGENT: If they're armed, and they're attacking our country, yes.

COLMES: Well, they wouldn't be attacking. You don't know if someone coming over the border -- would you just shoot anybody coming over the border who you suspect of being illegal?

NUGENT: In an unauthorized entry, armed, like they are right now, invading our country, I'd like to shoot them dead.

COLMES: Just shoot them dead. All right. [Hannity and Colmes via Nexis, 10/13/08]

Sorry Defcon, you're outrage over the music doesn't hold water in my opinion.

All through history, music has always pushed the boundaries of morality, taste, and fashion.  This isn't any different.

Rock and roll in the 50's shocked our grandparents, the songs of the drug culture in the 60's horrified the 'establishment, glam rock in the 70's blurred sexual orientation lines, and the 80's?  Well, it just sucked ;-)

Having said that, music has always been used as a way of connecting with the audience at political rallies. 

Have you ever gone through all the lyrics to Born in the U.S.A. that is played by politicians so frequently?  It isn't flattering the U.S. at all, but the shallow see it as a rallying cry.

Overall, as I tell my parents with regards to the music I listened to growing up and listen to now,,,,,

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Mo32a: you asked

To the moderators....Please close and lock and then delete these political threads tomorrow so that nobody new every has to see the vexatious diatribe that occurred here.

it is never wise to edit or hide history. 

12 hours ago, IFG said:

Jaydee - I share your <_<, but I'm not sure that it's your stuff Mo32a wants to suppress. I suspect he's more inclined to wish a pox on all houses?

I

Cheers, IFG :b:

Exactly!! What a divisive, embarrassing exploit this election has been. 

Dunno but the overnight markets reacted negatively to say the least.  some trading halted due to reaching the limit allowed to fall per day.  not good at all.

8 minutes ago, boestar said:

Dunno but the overnight markets reacted negatively to say the least.  some trading halted due to reaching the limit allowed to fall per day.  not good at all.

CNN just showed some details from Obama's win in 2008 - the markets dropped 5.8% on the open.  The markets hate change and hate uncertainty.  I expect the markets to fall on the open but will likely recover within the week.

Riots involving the peaceful Left have started. Will articles like the one posted above by Deicer serve to inspire the mobs mentality? If so; will the Right be content to sit on the sidelines and wait out the tantrum, or will they be motivated to 'step in' and voice their opinion too?

Regardless, if the rioting does catch on this weekend, it'll be Obama and not Trump that'll be tasked with quelling same in quick order if he hopes to get ahead of anarchy.

Then there's the matter of the popular vote; I'm told large numbers of California Republicans don't bother to vote as the State has been controlled increasingly by the Democrats since 1992. If the Electoral College was eliminated and the winner was determined on the basis of the popular vote, I'd bet a lot more people would get into the process, which would likely increase the voter participation rate in a number of States. 

It isn't really over until January 7th. From The National Archives and Records Administration site on the Electoral College:

Under the 23rd Amendment of the Constitution, the District of Columbia is allocated 3 electors and treated like a state for purposes of the Electoral College. For this reason, in the following discussion, the word “state” also refers to the District of Columbia and the word “governor” also refers to the Mayor of the District of Columbia.

November 8, 2016—Election Day

Registered voters cast their votes for President and Vice President. By doing so, they also help choose the electors who will represent their state in the Electoral College.

Mid-November through December 19, 2016

After the presidential election, the governor of your state prepares seven Certificates of Ascertainment. “As soon as practicable,” after the election results in your state are certified, the governor sends one of the Certificates of Ascertainment to the Archivist.

Certificates of Ascertainment should be sent to the Archivist no later than the meeting of the electors in December. However, federal law sets no penalty for missing the deadline.

The remaining six Certificates of Ascertainment are held for use at the meeting of the Electors in December.

December 13, 2016

States must make final decisions in any controversies over the appointment of their electors at least six days before the meeting of the Electors. This is so their electoral votes will be presumed valid when presented to Congress.

Decisions by states’ courts are conclusive, if decided under laws enacted before Election Day.

December 19, 2016

The Electors meet in their state and vote for President and Vice President on separate ballots. The electors record their votes on six “Certificates of Vote,” which are paired with the six remaining Certificates of Ascertainment.

The electors sign, seal, and certify six sets of electoral votes. A set of electoral votes consists of one Certificate of Ascertainment and one Certificate of Vote. These are distributed immediately as follows:

• one set to the President of the Senate (the Vice President) for the official count of the electoral votes in January;
  • two packages to the Secretary of State in the state where the electors met—one is an archival set that becomes part of the public record of the Secretary of State's office and the other is a reserve set that is subject to the call of the President of the Senate to replace missing or incomplete electoral votes;
  • two packages to the Archivist—one is an archival set that becomes part of the permanent collection at the National Archives and Records Administration and the other is a reserve set that is subject to the call of the President of the Senate to replace missing or incomplete electoral votes; and
  • one set to the presiding judge in the district where the Electors met—this is also a reserve set that is subject to the call of the President of the Senate to replace missing or incomplete electoral votes.

December 28, 2016

Electoral votes (the Certificates of Vote) must be received by the President of the Senate and the Archivist no later than nine days after the meeting of the electors. States face no legal penalty for failure to comply.

If votes are lost or delayed, the Archivist may take extraordinary measures to retrieve duplicate originals.

On or Before January 3, 2017

The Archivist and/or representatives from the Office of the Federal Register meet with the Secretary of the Senate and the Clerk of the House in late December or early January. This is, in part, a ceremonial occasion. Informal meetings may take place earlier.

January 6, 2017

The Congress meets in joint session to count the electoral votes. Congress may pass a law to change this date.

The Vice President, as President of the Senate, presides over the count and announces the results of the Electoral College vote. The President of the Senate then declares which persons, if any, have been elected President and Vice President of the United States.

If a State submits conflicting sets of electoral votes to Congress, the two Houses acting concurrently may accept or reject the votes. If they do not concur, the votes of the electors certified by the Governor of the State on the Certificate of Ascertainment would be counted in Congress.

If no Presidential candidate wins 270 or more electoral votes, a majority, the 12th Amendment to the Constitution provides for the House of Representatives to decide the Presidential election. If necessary the House would elect the President by majority vote, choosing from the three candidates who received the greatest number of electoral votes. The vote would be taken by state, with each state having one vote.

If no Vice Presidential candidate wins 270 or more electoral votes, a majority, the 12th Amendment provides for the Senate to elect the Vice President. If necessary, the Senate would elect the Vice President by majority vote, choosing from the two candidates who received the greatest number of electoral votes. The vote would be taken by state, with each Senator having one vote.

If any objections to the Electoral College vote are made, they must be submitted in writing and be signed by at least one member of the House and one Senator. If objections are presented, the House and Senate withdraw to their respective chambers to consider their merits under procedures set out in federal law.

January 20, 2017 at Noon—Inauguration Day

The President-elect takes the Oath of Office and becomes the President of the United States.

General Authority

The Archivist of the United States, as the head of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), is responsible for carrying out ministerial duties on behalf of the States and the Congress under 3 U.S.C. sections 6, 11, 12, and 13.

NARA is primarily responsible for coordinating the various stages of the electoral process by helping the States prepare and submit certificates that establish the appointment of electors and validate the electoral votes of each State.

The Archivist delegates operational duties to the Director of the Federal Register. The Federal Register Legal Staff ensures that electoral documents are transmitted to Congress, made available to the public, and preserved as part of our nation's history.

The Office of the Federal Register Legal Staff reviews the electoral certificates for the required signatures, seals and other matters of form, as specified in federal law.

Only the Congress and the courts have the authority to rule on substantive legal issues.

Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration

End Quote

Deicer

I've been a fan of Nugent since seeing him at my High School in 1969. Yes, from time-to-time Nugent can be way too opinionated etc.; he's even offended my sensibilities, but he's not anywhere near being the kind of pigs Jay Z and his wife are.

If you haven't seen their so-called performance, here it is ...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jay+z+performing+in+cleveland+for+hilary

Hi Defcon

I've been a fan of all types of music, and if you go to a metal concert, rap, rock(and yes, I've seen Nugent many times and he's always been profane), they all carry on in such a manner.

Have you ever seen Ozzy live?  It's profanely hilarious!

Having said that, they play to their audience.

If you want to connect with a modern audience, you don't do it by playing Frank Sinatra.

Edited to add...

Why is it so bad to listen to JayZ, but it's OK to listen to Trump say 'Grab 'em by the pu$$y?'

All very disgusting displays of vulgarity for certain and one is even on par with Jay Z's filthy utterances, but he and wife still take the prize.

While freedom of expression may permit hateful rhetoric and should to a point, it's the supportive audiences cheering sh!theads like Jay Z on that spark my curiosity; what force compels people to rage against issues like racism one moment and then act in ways that clearly encourage like behaviour in the next?

PS

Yes, I saw Ozzy in concert with Black Sabbath a very long time ago and again many years later in YXU of all places when he was making his comeback tour; Randy Rhoades was his lead guitarist at that time. Ozzy is a master musician for certain and I owned all the Sabbath albums at one time, but if I had to be honest I'd have to say that I appreciate his vocal talents much more after they've been 'adjusted' by a recording studio; I find his voice a little hard on the ears when he's playing live.

Archived